What's new

CII proposes husbands be allowed to ‘lightly beat’ defying wives

i am amazed that most of the pakistanis here and on the media is making fun of it. they are not actually making fun of that mulvi but they are making fun of Quran . how ? let me narrate the complete ayat. i dont have english translation available so i am writing in urdu. Surah Nisa. ayat 34. Para 5. " mard auraton per hakim hain iss wajah say kay Allah nay aik ko dosray per fazeelat dee hay or iss wajah say ka mardon nay apnay maal kharch kiay hain pus naik farmanbardar auratain khawand ki adam majodgi main bahifazat nighadasht rakhnay walian hain or jin auraton ki nafarmani or bad damaghi ka tumhain khauf ho unhain naseehat karo or unhain alag bistaron per chor do or unhain mar ki saza do phir agar wo tabaidari karain to un per koe rasta talash na karo bayshak Allah bari bulandi or or barae wala hay.
now let me explain a bit. in order to give a ruling we can not isolate a single verse or hadith . we have to study all the ayats and hadiths about a topic . quranis verses are graded higher then hadith. now women and men have rights on each other. there are so many hadiths about the rights of women over men. i am not going into that detail. now 1st thing is advice your wives if they dis obey. second step is temporary separation and third step is light beating. now from quran let me give you another verse . Surah Sa'd ayat 44.para 23. " or apnay hath main aik jharoo lay ker mar day or kasam kay khilaf na ker".
let me explain it. during his illness Prophet Ayub PBUH was left with only one faithful obedient wife. on some issue he had disagreement with her and promised to beat her with 100 lashes . when he recovered from illness he was ordered to be gentle and he should fulfill his promise by striking her once with a bunch of 100 straws. at so many places Prophet SAW emphasized about the gentle handling of women . you can well imagine that at his death bed in his last words when he was telling his followers the most important points to be followed he ordered muslims to be caring and gentle with your ladies.
so light beating is the last step not the first one. what this mulvi did wrong was just issued a fatwa . he should have quoted all the ayats and hadiths regarding the relations between muslim men and their wives, he should have high lighted the rights and duties of both and in the end he should have mentioned this as the last resort.
now my dear educated "jahil" muslim brothers on this forum you are not making fun of a person but fun of a quranic verse and thus committing a great sin in ignorance. you must open quran right now and read these verses yourself if you are a truth seeker.
to ll my non muslim friends this post is not meant for you. i don't want a religious debate over here with anyone.thanks.
please Allah show me the right path and forgive me if i had made a mistake.

Sorry but you are deluded. In fact, you are the definition of an educated jahil.

Do you seriously expect people to beat their wives with a straw? The whole point of beating someone is for it to HURT.

You also hid the other half of your explanation, the bit where you tell us to beat the woman as required but just don't leave a mark. Don't obfuscate your true beliefs.

Where does Quran say you HAVE TO beat your wife? Nowhere, so why are you fighting to retain this option for some idiotic men? It's not a sin to choose not to beat.

In all your wisdom, you weren't able to discern the simple truth of the hadith you presented. Why can't the principal of being careful and gentle with women be CII's and your message?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.
My friend seems victim. Accept my condolence :D

1.5 since I partially agree on #6.

Yara Phir Bhi they are failing it so badly. :D

---------
Itnay Jo Fatway Dete Hain Molvi, Ak Fatwa awam Ki wish pe De Den Ke Zardari, Altaf, Nawaz, or Parveez Rashid Ka sans Lena haram hai.

Koi point Nahi niklta Kia? Main kehty hon Gunjaish Paida karo koi.

Hona chiye yeh fatwa Ke Nahi? Qasam Se Pakistan Ki qismat badal jaye.

@The Sandman @django @CHACHA"G" ????
Totally agree

Key proposals in the bill

Property
  • Women will have the right to own property
  • Women have the right to bequeath property
Marriage
  • A husband may, when needed, lightly beat his wife
  • Three consecutive declarations of divorce will be punishable (punishment unspecified)
  • A guardian’s permission is not required for a woman who has reached maturity to contract a nikah
  • A wife has the right to khula if she forfeits alimony
  • A wife may move the court in case of 'excesses' by husband
  • Contracting a marriage for Vani or dispute resolution is punishable (punishment unspecified)
  • Contracting a woman’s marriage to a Quran will be a crime carrying a ten-year sentence
  • Ban on the request and display of dowry
State
  • Women will be permitted to participate in politics
  • Women are not responsible for participation in combat missions
  • It is forbidden to kill a woman in war
  • Women may become judges
  • Women will not be permitted to receive foreign officials and state guests
Religion
  • Forcing any woman to convert carries a three-year prison sentence
  • A woman cannot be killed/executed for 'leaving Islam'
  • A woman of sound mind is permitted to convert to Islam
Crime
  • Acid attacks and violent acts against women such as throwing acid on women should be thoroughly investigated
  • Ban on honour killing, Karo kari, and siyah kari
Work and education
  • Ban on co-education past the primary level
  • Co-education past the primary level may be permitted if hijab is made mandatory and free mixing between the genders is not allowed
  • A ban on women working in 'vulgar' advertisements
  • Female nurses should not attend to male patients
  • Women should not be forced into difficult, 'labour-intensive' work
Motherhood
  • Mothers must breastfeed for two years
  • Ban on advertisements baby formula/substitutes for breast milk
  • A woman cannot use contraception without the husband’s permission
  • An abortion after 120 days will be classified as murder

great work done by molana sherani keep it up.its totally sariya law good for both men n women

Don't you even go to hospital and get yourself treated by a female dr. Don't you ever complain if in future your daughter is beaten up by her husband. Don't you ever watch any tv show. Fair enough?

Oh btw its. shariah. :)

And where in Quran or hadiths it's mentioned to beat your wives? You even have this idea that in Quran Allah refers women as "Slaves of Allah" and says "don't hit slaves of Allah" can your small brain process and comprehends here that with calling them Salves of Allah, almighty is ranking their status high. Also tell the men if you hit your wife remember you're hitting slaves of Allah. People like you are sheer disappointment to Islam. Have a nice one.

Last edited:
Don't you even go to hospital and get yourself treated by a female patient. Don't you ever complain if in future your daughter is beaten up by her husband. Don't you ever watch any tv show. Fair enough?
i would like to say some thing here but you will shoot me on sight so i am going to refrain from saying it.:p:

i would like to say some thing here but you will shoot me on sight so i am going to refrain from saying it.:p:

As usual your profile. Lol btw I added something to my previous post read it and maybe it change your mind.

Last edited:
The CII are a bunch of misogynistic pedophiles. But they are not opposed by the popular masses so I wonder what I should take away from this.
what you are thinking here is true majority of our population who support these guys are like them but if you say it out loud people of Islamic republic of Pakistan will declare you yahoodi kafir and amreki agent instead of accepting the truth and doing something to change it.how can we change a society which is not willing listen to the truth even though they know it is true.

Salient features of women protection bill proposed by the Council of Islamic Ideology:

1. Husband is allowed to 'lightly' beat wife
2. No dancing, singing and arts for women
3. No co-education after primary
4. Abortion = murder after 120 days of pregnancy
5. Legally mature non-Muslim woman can accept Islam
6. A female nurse cannot attend male patient
7. Women will not be included in reception of foreign dignitaries
8. Women officials will not be allowed to go with namehram officers on foreign tours
9. You can wear hijab. However men and women cannot openly interact with each other
10. Women are not allowed to work in public service messages and advertisements

MOST IMPORTANT: Woman will be given all her rights and protected under the Sharia Law.:D
Sherani on fire! :flame:

The CII are a bunch of misogynistic pedophiles. But they are not opposed by the popular masses so I wonder what I should take away from this.
That the majority of Pakistanis are misogynistic bigots?

council has proposed that a husband should be allowed to ‘lightly’ beat his wife if she defies his commands
Meanwhile some are thining...

That's the only thing stopping me from getting married...the statistics are against me. :lol:

There are several guys who tried to change that stats the other way.... why not give it a try? :p

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom