What's new

CIA live tweets OBL raid — five years later

the op is rubbish... obl died a decade before that "raid".

and why are nationalist indians jumping into this thread?? as ever, cheer-leading for western governments despite these governments being global genociders and war-criminals.

:lol: I know the area much better than you . anyway the operation was a reality. It did happen. The people in the area were unaware like some of our faujis till the heavy helis landed for operation so do not buy unnamed stories

yeah in fact you were in the compound right ? lol you maybe one of OBL wives lol , as I said you are free to believe whatever you want , just like I believe in Unicorns :D

as You are a Indian so I was expecting something Moronic from you anyway... Seal team was advice that unless you have confirmation that the person you shoot is OBL , don't say a word on Radio cause president was listening, and aparr from he seal asking a kid and a women who the dead guy is , they did not present any prove to say that he was indeed OBL ..

tell me you stupid , how many WMD's were found in Iraq ?? as US claimed and US vice President gives a huge presentation in UN about Iraq's WMD's turned out to be fake .. I never say I believe in ISPR when they claim anything , but its just if they kill the target its good, if not than its fine , how many times we have heard the rumors of Fazulu been dad .. but he came out alive anyway ..
but I wasn't in fact expecting you to think Logically because you are and will remain an brain dead Indian :)

cheers

meanwhile....

According to a senior US Defense Department official: DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) analysis conducted separately by Department of Defense and CIA labs has positively identified Osama bin Laden. DNA samples collected from his body were compared to a comprehensive DNA profile derived from bin Laden's large extended family. Based on that analysis, the DNA is unquestionably his. The probability of a mistaken identity on the basis of this analysis is approximately one in 11.8 quadrillion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Osama_bin_Laden#Killing_of_bin_Laden

you're comparing drone bombing with a body that was taken back and properly identified,just like apple and orange.no benefit to argue with you.

meanwhile....

According to a senior US Defense Department official: DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) analysis conducted separately by Department of Defense and CIA labs has positively identified Osama bin Laden. DNA samples collected from his body were compared to a comprehensive DNA profile derived from bin Laden's large extended family. Based on that analysis, the DNA is unquestionably his. The probability of a mistaken identity on the basis of this analysis is approximately one in 11.8 quadrillion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Osama_bin_Laden#Killing_of_bin_Laden

you're comparing drone bombing with a body that was taken back and properly identified,just like apple and orange.no benefit to argue with you.

I don't see this as a Independent Investigation ..
I give you an example of Iraq WMD's .. every nation lie to protect their self interest , and so did US and Obama Administration just to get some public support which he was losing very fast ..

Here's the real reason that photos of bin Laden's body won't ever be shown

• May 2, 2016, 9:15 AM
There are a lot of puzzled expressions on people's faces when it comes to the subject of Osama Bin Laden and why the White House has not authorized the release of any pictures of his body.

Photographs and video were released of Saddam Hussein's hanging, as were post-mortem pictures of his criminal sons, Uday and Qusay, after Delta Force took them out.

Why not release a few pictures of Public Enemy No. 1 to prove that he is dead and show the world what happens when you take on the US?

Matt Bissonnette, one of the SEAL Team Six operators on the raid, partially outs the reason in his book, "No Easy Day." The book reads, "In his death throes, he was still twitching and convulsing."

"Another assaulter and I trained our lasers on his chest and fired several rounds," Bissonnette wrote. "The bullets tore into him, slamming his body into the floor until he was motionless."

But this is perhaps the most measured and polite description that one could give of how operator after operator took turns dumping magazines' worth of ammunition into bin Laden's body, two confidential sources within the community have told us. When all was said and done, UBL had over a hundred bullets in him, by the most conservative estimate.

But was it illegal? Under the Laws of Land Warfare, a soldier is fully authorized to put a few insurance rounds into his target after he goes down. Provided the enemy is not surrendering, it is morally, legally, and ethically appropriate to shoot the body a few times to ensure that he is really dead and no longer a threat. What happened on the bin Laden raid, however, is beyond excessive. The level of excess shown was not about making sure that bin Laden was no longer a threat. The excess was pure self-indulgence.

You may not care whether bin Laden got some extra holes punched in him — few of us do, but what should concern you is a trend within certain special-operations units to engage in this type of self-indulgent, and ultimately criminal, behavior. Gone unchecked, these actions get worse over time.

The real issue is not that bin Laden was turned into Swiss cheese, but rather that this type of behavior has become a Standard Operating Procedure in this unit. Of course, these attitudes and behaviors do not come out of nowhere. Endless back-to-back combat deployments, PTSD, broken families, and war itself all play into it.

Now you know the real reason that the Obama administration has not released pictures of Osama Bin Laden's corpse. To do so would show the world a body filled with a ridiculous number of gunshot wounds.

The picture itself would most likely cause an international scandal, and investigations would be conducted that could uncover other operations, activities that many will do anything to keep buried.

If you enjoyed this article please consider becoming a member of the SOFREP community, and support our all military veteran writing team. News & Analysis from Military & Special Operations veterans. Click here for more info.

Read the original article on SOFREP. SOFREP is an apolitical news site run by former military special ops and intelligence professionals. Copyright 2016.

http://www.businessinsider.com/photo-of-bin-ladens-body-wont-ever-be-shown-2016-5

come on, since when did the usa military become humanitarian?? :)

perhaps i can post photos of iraqi children afflicted with strange cancerous bodies that came via the depleted-uranium-tipped rockets the usa military fired into iraq in 1990-91 and 2003.

or perhaps i can show what nato aircraft and nato terrorists did in libya in 2011 and 2012.

but it will be suffice to show how the dprk ( north korea ) sees the usa military ( from korea war ) :

zce0YXi.jpg

8da2d6c3b7020a7ee943ec484853f644.jpg

you can search for other such dprk paintings.

yeah in fact you were in the compound right ? lol you maybe one of OBL wives lol , as I said you are free to believe whatever you want , just like I believe in Unicorns :D
why would USA fly 2 stealth helicoptors 100 miles into pakistan if not for a high value target? Earlier pakistan had handed over khalid mohammed, they could have just asked pakistan to arrest and handover whatever target was in abbotabad. Whoever got killed, was important, whether osama or not its upto you to believe.

coming from a country who's PM was unable to enter US .. because of murder case hahah .. keep it your self
But a bigger humiliation is the same USA invites modi for joint session and even the pm of a certain country attented hus oath ceremony, not to forget his sudden visit to land of peace; tauba tauba.

come on, since when did the usa military become humanitarian?? :)

perhaps i can post photos of iraqi children afflicted with strange cancerous bodies that came via the depleted-uranium-tipped rockets the usa military fired into iraq in 1990-91 and 2003.

or perhaps i can show what nato aircraft and nato terrorists did in libya in 2011 and 2012.

but it will be suffice to show how the dprk ( north korea ) sees the usa military ( from korea war ) :

zce0YXi.jpg

8da2d6c3b7020a7ee943ec484853f644.jpg

you can search for other such dprk paintings.

The action is being questioned by American retired military persons not me.

Secondly the pics you posted are paintings not original ones.

Thirdly it is not about humanitarian aspect it is about legal obligations under international laws .

BTW I posted that write up with source link to tell the Pakistani member the reason what US own people think why the images of dead OBL were not released

why would USA fly 2 stealth helicoptors 100 miles into pakistan if not for a high value target? Earlier pakistan had handed over khalid mohammed, they could have just asked pakistan to arrest and handover whatever target was in abbotabad. Whoever got killed, was important, whether osama or not its upto you to believe.

It was a mutual operation though fault of our military high up who kept lower cadre in dark. It was the credit we willingly thrown into US lap.

Here's the real reason that photos of bin Laden's body won't ever be shown

• May 2, 2016, 9:15 AM
There are a lot of puzzled expressions on people's faces when it comes to the subject of Osama Bin Laden and why the White House has not authorized the release of any pictures of his body.

Photographs and video were released of Saddam Hussein's hanging, as were post-mortem pictures of his criminal sons, Uday and Qusay, after Delta Force took them out.

Why not release a few pictures of Public Enemy No. 1 to prove that he is dead and show the world what happens when you take on the US?

Matt Bissonnette, one of the SEAL Team Six operators on the raid, partially outs the reason in his book, "No Easy Day." The book reads, "In his death throes, he was still twitching and convulsing."

"Another assaulter and I trained our lasers on his chest and fired several rounds," Bissonnette wrote. "The bullets tore into him, slamming his body into the floor until he was motionless."

But this is perhaps the most measured and polite description that one could give of how operator after operator took turns dumping magazines' worth of ammunition into bin Laden's body, two confidential sources within the community have told us. When all was said and done, UBL had over a hundred bullets in him, by the most conservative estimate.

But was it illegal? Under the Laws of Land Warfare, a soldier is fully authorized to put a few insurance rounds into his target after he goes down. Provided the enemy is not surrendering, it is morally, legally, and ethically appropriate to shoot the body a few times to ensure that he is really dead and no longer a threat. What happened on the bin Laden raid, however, is beyond excessive. The level of excess shown was not about making sure that bin Laden was no longer a threat. The excess was pure self-indulgence.

You may not care whether bin Laden got some extra holes punched in him — few of us do, but what should concern you is a trend within certain special-operations units to engage in this type of self-indulgent, and ultimately criminal, behavior. Gone unchecked, these actions get worse over time.

The real issue is not that bin Laden was turned into Swiss cheese, but rather that this type of behavior has become a Standard Operating Procedure in this unit. Of course, these attitudes and behaviors do not come out of nowhere. Endless back-to-back combat deployments, PTSD, broken families, and war itself all play into it.

Now you know the real reason that the Obama administration has not released pictures of Osama Bin Laden's corpse. To do so would show the world a body filled with a ridiculous number of gunshot wounds.

The picture itself would most likely cause an international scandal, and investigations would be conducted that could uncover other operations, activities that many will do anything to keep buried.

If you enjoyed this article please consider becoming a member of the SOFREP community, and support our all military veteran writing team. News & Analysis from Military & Special Operations veterans. Click here for more info.

Read the original article on SOFREP. SOFREP is an apolitical news site run by former military special ops and intelligence professionals. Copyright 2016.

http://www.businessinsider.com/photo-of-bin-ladens-body-wont-ever-be-shown-2016-5
OBL killed long back in tora bora only his family with due knowledge of US and Pakistan with his one adult son living in Abbotabad but for political gains US conducted unothourized raid in Abottabad to blame defame Pakistan to put pressure to start operation against Haqqanis.

Mullah Omar, Osama and Al Zawahiri all killed during Afghan war after 9/11.

The action is being questioned by American retired military persons not me.

Secondly the pics you posted are paintings not original ones.

Thirdly it is not about humanitarian aspect it is about legal obligations under international laws .

BTW I posted that write up with source link to tell the Pakistani member the reason what US own people think why the images of dead OBL were not released

It was a mutual operation though fault of our military high up who kept lower cadre in dark. It was the credit we willingly thrown into US lap.

But why did the US stationed a back up of two CBGs in Arabian Sea and a a QRF team in Afghanistan?
If it was a mutual ops they didnt have to do that . Back up was there because they didnt informed Pak authorities . ,

OBL killed long back in tora bora only his family with due knowledge of US and Pakistan with his one adult son living in Abbotabad but for political gains US conducted unothourized raid in Abottabad to blame defame Pakistan to put pressure to start operation against Haqqanis.

Mullah Omar, Osama and Al Zawahiri all killed during Afghan war after 9/11.

There are literally no way OBL was killed in Tora Bora strike in December 2001. In an 2006 tape released by Taliban, OBL commented on Guantanamo Bay Prisoner mistreatment. However, the first detainee of Cam X-Ray did not arrive in Guantanamo Bay in January 2002, and the camp made public latter in the year, even if you claim OBL have insider knowledge of Camp X-ray, he would have been dead for at least a month before Guantanamo Bay host any prisoner. Unless OBL can see the future, he would still be alive at least in 2002.

There are literally no way OBL was killed in Tora Bora strike in December 2001. In an 2006 tape released by Taliban, OBL commented on Guantanamo Bay Prisoner mistreatment. However, the first detainee of Cam X-Ray did not arrive in Guantanamo Bay in January 2002, and the camp made public latter in the year, even if you claim OBL have insider knowledge of Camp X-ray, he would have been dead for at least a month before Guantanamo Bay host any prisoner. Unless OBL can see the future, he would still be alive at least in 2002.
I have theory served in PA for 18 years and you have u r own believe it or not not my interest.
Have a good day

I have theory served in PA for 18 years and you have u r own believe it or not not my interest.
Have a good day

My cousin is one of the Seabee officer that build Camp X-Ray and I myself have served in both Iraq and Afghanistan.........And I am just saying you are wrong.

My cousin is one of the Seabee officer that build Camp X-Ray and I myself have served in both Iraq and Afghanistan.........And I am just saying you are wrong.

You can't refute conspiracy theories with facts, it only reinforces the conspiracies. People are expert at not believing stuff which they don't WANT to believe.

You can't refute conspiracy theories with facts, it only reinforces the conspiracies. People are expert at not believing stuff which they don't WANT to believe.

Oh well, too many people claim they are whatever and then we need to believe what they say, even to insider like us we laugh at him for knowing nothing.

I don't think he served in PA for 18 years to be honest, to be honest, I don't believe he is even 18. But if he want to claim he served, then who are we to judge? I just don't understand why people want to be like us, I don't find military service particular a good experience to begin with, I will actually give everything I have to forget about the 7.5 years I spend in the military

Back
Top Bottom