What's new

Churches burnt in India

You still beat us here by 300,000. Quite a feat, no?

Especially when you are 1/7 the size of India. ;)

You still beat us here by 300,000. Quite a feat, no?

30,000 (a 2% increase) in fact (as opposed to 300,000).

Let's not use real "Indian mathematics" now (not the stuff you stole from Pakistan and called "Indian" ;) ).

And pl. just inspect the first few results to see the difference!

The Indians results talk about terror attacks in India.

The Pakistani results about how Pakistan is a terror haven and about Jehadi terror groups based there.

See some difference there?

Well, I was applying your logic. Unless you've been through every single entry, you won't know the nature of the entries. Example, entry number 1,000,902, might be Pakistan the victim of a terror attack, and India the perpetrator. It all depends on which sort of news google searches are interested in, since the ordering of the reports is done in this way. Anyhow, I can't believe you're taking this seriously! Your logic here is a JOKE. :disagree:

Another example, "india, terror + Gujarat" generates quarter of a million responses.

Results 1 - 10 of about 241,000 for India, terror, gujarat. (0.22 seconds)

Let's not apply lacklustre thinking and take it seriously, please!

Your logic here is a JOKE

Exactly as it was meant to be.

Just pointing out that posting a number of links may not always prove that one is right as is being implied in this thread.

The links should point to credible sources. And still it is no substitute for common sense and an ability to see things in perspective.

Exactly as it was meant to be.

Just pointing out that posting a number of links may not always prove that one is right as is being impled in this thread.

The links should point to credible sources. And still it is no substitute for common sense and an ability to see things in perspective.

Agreed. But posting a number of credible, neutral, relevant links, does increase the chance the incident is correct.

Most of Panini's stuff, Brahmagupta's stuff, Pingula's works, and plenty more. These are all Pakistani mathematicians. See the other history threads for more.

Back on topic.

Was there a country named Pakistan during their time?

Or even the ideology based on which the partition happened in 1947?

I thought Jinnah demanded Pakistan for the Muslims of India! Has something changed since 1947?

And we are not even disputing that the incidents did not occur.

Its the extraordinary conclusions being drawn that I have an issue with.

Was there a country named Pakistan during their time?

Or even the ideology based on which the partition happened in 1947?

I thought Jinnah demanded Pakistan for the Muslims of India! Has something changed since 1947?

Been through this a hundred times. Read through the other thread. There was no country called Pakistan before 1947, there was no country called India before 1947. "India was no more a country than the equator prior to the partition" - Churchill. The land area of modern day Pakistan and Pakistanis has a history..that history and their ancestors form part of Pakistan's history, whatever it's name.

This counter-argument Indians come out with on this subject is really pathetic.

Now I may consider Pakistani arguments to come up with a post facto theory of their ancient nationhood as pathetic when their own textbooks tell them that their history starts with Arab invasion (Jahiliya before that!), but I guess, you are right that this is not the place to go into that.

But pl. don't quote Churchil. You won't like it when you come to know of his views about Islam.

Of course he did not hold Indians (that included Pakistanis then) in any high esteem. He was basically a person of double standards as far as the British empire was concerned.

Most of Panini's stuff, Brahmagupta's stuff, Pingula's works, and plenty more. These are all Pakistani mathematicians. See the other history threads for more.

Brahmagupta (c. A.D. 598-c. 665)

BRAHMAGUPTA

Brahmagupta's Theorem

http://www.college.hmco.com/mathematics/alexander/elementary_geometry/3e/students/brahma.html

A History of Geometrical Methods - Google Book Search

Matemáticas Educativas - www.edumat.net

Medieval Mathematicians in India

Brahmagupta

Sorry to derail the topic but all of the above links mention Brahmagupta as a Hindu, born in either Rajasthan or Ujjain.

Now I may consider Pakistani arguments to come up with a post facto theory of their ancient nationhood as pathetic when their own textbooks tell them that their history starts with Arab invasion (Jahiliya before that!), but I guess, you are right that this is not the place to go into that.

But pl. don't quote Churchil. You won't like it when you come to know of his views about Islam.

Of course he did not hold Indians (that included Pakistanis then) in any high esteem. He was basically a person of double standards as far as the British empire was concerned.

Not everything Churchill said was wrong. What he said was sometimes correct, sometimes not, but in this case it is a fact what he said is correct..that India was not a country before 1947.

As for the teaching of pre-Islamic history, or lack of it - where did you get that from. It's being taught now, three chapters of it.

MMA against teaching pre-Islamic history in schools

Back
Top Bottom