What's new

Christian Conversions in India - A film by Pia Skov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the advice though, Indrani. I guess from now on, if I ever want to learn anything reliable and unbiased about Hindu history, I best not ever read anything written by....a devout Hindu. :lol: From now on, if I want to learn about Hinduism, I will be sure to stick with Christian or Muslim authors.

See the problem with that logic?

Thanks for the advice though, Indrani. I guess from now on, if I eever want to learn anything reliable and unbiased about Hindu history, I best not ever read anything written by....a devout Hindu. :lol: From now on, if I want to learn about Hinduism, I will be sure to stick with Christian or Muslim authors.

See the problem with that logic?

Did not you call people presenting with alternate theories to what to what the church is peddling as Hindu radicals? Also you seem to be unfamiliar with the term "conflict of interest." For stories about Christianity from a Christian country I would trust they know what they are talking about, but hey even there the Church and Christians do not have a good reputation.

That is very different than the reputation the Hindus have.

My laptop keyboard is giving me trouble, so have to get that looked into. It has cut down my productivity by 70% :(

Hey mine too. I generally do not use the keyboard on the laptop, had a battery operated one separately. It has gone bonkers. I got tired of typing and seeing the whole thing disappear again and again and the pages shut down inexplicably.

Hey mine too. I generally do not use the keyboard on the laptop, had a battery operated one separately. It has gone bonkers. I got tired of typing and seeing the whole thing disappear again and again and the pages shut down inexplicably.

Sounds like a virus attack from the seculars/ Pak.

or could be your delete or backspace button is stuck on pressed.

Have you tried replacing the keyboard ? or use the one on the laptop ?

Sounds like a virus attack from the seculars/ Pak.

or could be your delete or backspace button is stuck on pressed.

Have you tried replacing the keyboard ? or use the one on the laptop ?

Yeah seems like keyboard problem. Ctrl key especially. Using the laptop keyboard for now. I am so unfamiliar with this keyboard. It has too many features which I do not require placed in odd places :).

Even south Indian orthodox Christians differ on that. What they do not differ on, and what the historic record is clear about, is that south-Indian Christianity long pre-dates European contact.

That's true, when Portuguese landed in India, they tried to Latinize the Nasrani(St. Thomas Christians) leading to sectarian tensions between the Portuguese and Nasranis.

Coonan Cross Oath - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's true, when Portuguese landed in India, they tried to Latinize the Nasrani(St. Thomas Christians) leading to sectarian tensions between the Portuguese and Nasranis.

Coonan Cross Oath - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Portuguese converted a lot of masses,mostly from fishermen folks and they are called as Latin Christians....Famous singer 'K J Yesudas' is a Latin Christian...

Portuguese converted a lot of masses,mostly from fishermen folks and they are called as Latin Christians....Famous singer 'K J Yesudas' is a Latin Christian...

I read that Portuguese were notorious to Nasranis and Hindus until Dutch replaced them in Malabar.

Did not you call people presenting with alternate theories to what to what the church is peddling as Hindu radicals?

No, I called one specific person a Hindu radical...just like his Wiki entry and several other sources confirm.

Also you seem to be unfamiliar with the term "conflict of interest." For stories about Christianity from a Christian country I would trust they know what they are talking about, but hey even there the Church and Christians do not have a good reputation.
You keep saying that but you only provide bigoted, harsh anti-Christian sources as evidence.

Oh, shall I ask several of the Indian and Pakistani Muslims on this board if that is how they feel? See the problem with that?

Indrani, I have read through your post and heck, even other Hindus have commented on your anti-Christian bigotry and how you do NOT represent their Hindu beliefs. Having Hindu friends and having worked and got to know my devout Hindu employer, I tend to think their view is probably more in line with the norm. That is the ironic part of our exchange. I am and always have been, if anything, very respectful and appreciative of Hinduism.

You, on the other hand, have a strong tendency to do what every bigot does, i.e., you ONLY accept "evidence", (Who's source is inevitably dubious at best.), that confirms your bigotry and you reject ANY evidence that contradicts the bigoted world view that you have already decided you are going to adhere to, hence, ANY contrary evidence automatically becomes lies and anti-Hindu propaganda, so of course, ANY Christian writing about Christianity, instantly becomes a "Christian radical" who can't be trusted. But of course you DON'T apply the equal standard when you then illogically insist that ANY opinion or history of Hinduism written by a Muslim or Christian, cannot possibly be trusted.

May i ask what kind of reputation do you think Hindu's have over here? I mean, really! :lol:

For a start, my personal opinion goes along the lines of.... racist pricks, who invented institutionalized slavery and called it religion.

Trying to be as politically correct as possible.

They are embracing Hinduism, whether in its new age form or its various sects. Only you seem to be unaware of it. Even those not consciously a Hindu seem to have adopted all Hindu thoughts.

EDITOR'S CHOICE: "We Are All Hindus Now"- By Lisa Miller | NEWSWEEK - # 3

http://www.newsweek.com/us-views-god-and-life-are-turning-hindu-79073

Spirituality & Practice: Outside Links: We are All Hindus Now, by Lisa Miller

In India they remain closet atheists? Why are atheists being beheaded in India? Which school of logic do Bengalis attend?

As far as I know given how crowded the religious places get, more and more Indians are turning more religious.
Prashanthi Nilayam Murders 1993 in Sathya Sai Baba’s bedroom – sources | Basengelbarts's Blog

I read that Portuguese were notorious to Nasranis and Hindus until Dutch replaced them in Malabar.
yes,They were against Syrian Christians,Hindus and Jews..The first Jewish synagogue in Kerala was destroyed by the Portuguese..And they burned almost all the then ancient historical records of Syrian Christian community...

May i ask what kind of reputation do you think Hindu's have over here? I mean, really! :lol:

For a start, my personal opinion goes along the lines of.... racist pricks, who invented institutionalized slavery and called it religion.

Trying to be as politically correct as possible.

Much of it was lies spread by the church. As usual they started mud slinging a rival religion when they stood no chance against it. Fact of the matter is much of South Asia remains Dharmic even after such assault with temples overcrowded. Christians meanwhile are leaving your churches in droves and all churches one way or other seem to be involved in pedophilia or some other atrocity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom