What's new

Christian Conversions in India - A film by Pia Skov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings @Indrani ,

Thank you for the article that you provided and from my analysis of the source, it seems that the author of that article definitely aims to identify the relationship dynamic of Islam in the Subcontinent, specifically focusing on the unfortunate instances of brutality that was committed in the name of Islam.

That said, let me give my analysis. In my view, relations between Hindus and Muslims in India have been characterized by continuous tensions and inter-communal violence. Muslims constitute India’s largest religious minority of about 12 percent of the total population, about 82 percent of which is Hindu. They have suffered from economic disadvantage since India’s partition and are now among the poorest and least educated communities in the country.

Previous analyses of this conflict have focused in particular on the conditions that facilitate conflict and violence between Hindus and Muslims. In fact these have past studies highlighted the role of economic inequalities and competition and identified psychological predictors of prejudice (eg, perceived relative deprivation).

I want to bring to mind the Contact Hypothesis, which posits that prejudice between opposing groups can be reduced by bringing them together under optimal conditions. There are a number of factors constituting the ‘nature of contact’, including the indicators of the quantity of contact (such as contact frequency) and more specific measures of its quality (the social atmosphere surrounding contact), which have been conceptualized as separate dimensions in subsequent works.

There have been recent work that focused on the psychological mechanisms that mediate the well established effect of contact and prejudice. One mediating variable that has received substantial attention is that of ‘intergroup anxiety’, a negative affective state which is experienced when anticipating future or expecting actual contact with out-group members, and which stems from the expectations of embarrassment or rejection during interaction. Increasing inter-group contact, and cultivating a culture of inclusion, understanding, is what can effectively reduce inter-group anxiety, prejudice, hostility.

While there is definite history of violence in India, most of which are catalyzed by political upheavals and religious imposition, one has to understand the fact that history provides lessons for the current epoch. The Union of India is NOT the the Tipu Sultanate, is not the Mauryan Empire, is not the Mughal Empire or the Maratha Empire. India is a a Republican Democracy, centered on the rule of law. India; its states and its union territories is composed of a hodgepodge of ethnicities, races, languages, religions ranging from Jainism, Hinduism, Islam, Christianity, Sikhism, Budhism, Bahai’I, etc.

India as a heterogenous, and multicultural society has to go beyond the lines of communal identities, religious identities and ethnic identities. For India to become a prosperous and dynamic nation, it must put away with rhetoric that foment inter-communal discord, and foster inter-group cooperation.

Best,
@Nihonjin1051

Reference:
Tausch, N., Hewstone, M., & Roy, R. (2009). The relationships between contact, status and prejudice: An integrated threat theory analysis of Hindu–Muslim relations in India. Journal Of Community & Applied Social Psychology, 19(2), 83-94. doi:10.1002/casp.984

Last edited:
Be that as it may, America still has abortion rights, moved one step closer to gay marriage and still has religious freedom rights enshrined in it's laws.

You know, things that makes an Evangelists head explode. The religious right does hold considerable political power, but their political capital was hardly enough to blunt social changes they regard as absolute heresy.

But, they have successfully managed to export this born again, evangelical Christianity and has gained massive traction in South America (Brazil) and Africa. The numbers they have gained is massive.

Evangelicals are kept in check on domestic issues, because the opposing side has sufficient power.

However, on the international front, there is no one powerful enough to balance out the evangelicals providing unconditional support to Israel because the Jews' return to Zion is the first step to Jesus' return and the Rapture.

Missionaries in the name of development fool lots of people. Conversion for money have become common place.
A painter in my house last week, a christian, was talking of the greatness of Sri Balaji of Tirupathi. When I enquired further he told, he was in dire need of money, and had converted for the sake of 50,000 INR.

This is plain wrong.

Conversion in 21st century is simply $tupid.

This is a stone age concept that must be abandoned under an international law.

Now if two people get married and start going to one temple/church/mosque etc. That's a different story.

But just going in the street and converting people is wrong.

I believe Christanity is losing to Hinduism in India. Muslims also to a certian extend are Hinduized(Indian) and do all the shirks and biddath to perform as secular Indians.
Whats wrong in it??
you want the Indian Christians to dress,behave and speak like your white Christian masters??....Indian Christians are Indian in culture..Or you want them to accept alien Vaticanic culture...Converting to a religion doesn't means that they change their culture too...
Still you are uncomfortable to live in Indian culture,feel free to go Vatican..

Yeah that is what they teach you in your church I guess. Hindus are terrorists. Guess that is why the Church is under the scanner in India.

Fcuk Off. I had enough of your lying.

I remembered well enough your sob story, even produced the quote. Now you expect me to go around and ask people if they remember your pathetic life and flag? Drinking too much of Ganga water with sewage from Delhi has permanently damaged your brain and given you narcissist personality disorder.
You have pathetic attitude.. I tried to have normal convo... But you have extremism in your mind... Saying churches are under scanner.. You and your pathetic behaviour.. Get well soon..

Ask around, prove that i had the flags of Canada. The **** GoI do with Panchagavya is none of my issue, even secularism is in the Constitution of India, we know how it goes around the hindutvas here.

Prove it or **** of, bitching won't help.
80% of my friends are Hindus... My friends come to my home, stay with us, eat with us.. Some of them are like my family members.. I visit their houses... I never faced such silly and biased argument... She is more than a wound... If things like her grows more.. It will be disastrous... She is sole honest person unlike us ordinary humans...

I have the right to belittle every religion and every idea in the world. Philosophies, beliefs, ideas have to be evaluated and criticized for their weakness cause they have potential to harm societies.

Still does not make it Indian. Indian is that which originated in India. Christianity was established in 6th century AD and that 1st century story is a hoax which has been discredited long ago even by the high court in Chennai. Still the rice Christians keep trying to sneak it back in.
Not sure about India,but its not an alien religion in Kerala..Christianity in Kerala trace back their orgin to the first century AD and its as much Keralamized as Kerala Hinduism....

I do not about panchagavya rejuvenating my brain cells, but mad cow disease certainly seems to have lowered your IQ. Anyway so why were you carrying on with the Canadian flag before switching over to the US flag?

Yup. Even your Mary has to give birth to Ganesha and become Hindu finally.
View attachment 117247
What crap... Mary is Christian but not the ganesha... You seems have poor knowledge..

80% of my friends are Hindus... My friends come to my home, stay with us, eat with us.. Some of them are like my family members.. I visit their houses... I never faced such silly and biased argument... She is more than a wound... If things like her grows more.. It will be disastrous... She is sole honest person unlike us ordinary humans...

Everyone is my friend. As i said before, i believe in true secularism, not the Congi or commie version of it. You cannot marginalize a community, and later blame them for not integrating in the society.

I don't want engage against Hinduism just because any cynical assholee insulting and spitting venom on Christianity.. If i engage like her, it means I'm insulting my friends and their beliefs...

Whats wrong in it??
you want the Indian Christians to dress,behave and speak like your white Christian masters??....Indian Christians are Indian in culture..Or you want them to accept alien Vaticanic culture...Converting to a religion doesn't means that they change their culture too...
Still you are uncomfortable to live in Indian culture,feel free to go Vatican..

He is another version of Indrani and manvan.

Evangelicals are kept in check on domestic issues, because the opposing side has sufficient power.
However, on the international front, there is no one powerful enough to balance out the evangelicals providing unconditional support to Israel because the Jews' return to Zion is the first step to Jesus' return and the Rapture.

Did you get that from Maher himself? Because you are speaking the same language as him :lol:

Not sure about India,but its not an alien religion in Kerala..Christianity in Kerala trace back their orgin to the first century AD and its as much Keralamized as Kerala Hinduism....

It does not go back to 1st century AD. That is a lie and has been documented to be one. It cannot be origin either because it did not originate there.

He is another version of Indrani and manvan.

You have a job as Rice Christian perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom