What's new

Chinese win bid to supply subs to Thailand's navy

LOL, Who told you that? Your government?

your pic posted here is from China media. isn't it ?

if Vietnam submarines were so good, they wouldn't have lost all of Xisha. But they did. Makes you think.

Vietnam can never truly win a war against China because they can't take the fight to Chinese territory. It will only be Chinese conducting expeditionary warfare on Vietnam, never the other way around.

in 1974, South Vietnam didn't have sub.

Vietnam lost Kwanxi and Kwuandong to China over 2,000 year. China is greedy neighbor.

your pic posted here is from China media. isn't it ?

in 1974, South Vietnam didn't have sub.

Vietnam lost Kwanxi and Kwuandong to China over 2,000 year. China is greedy neighbor.

I guess your media told you that too.

China didn't win because of techological superiority but due to added value and geopolitical reasons.

If if that was true, nothing new here. Geopolitics plays a big role in inter state relations. The question is to be able to shape geopolitics to your advantage. Just like Japan did with the Bangladesh port; it utilized the US-Indian pressure on the government to slow down the Sonadia project. All is fair in this business, I guess.

Chinese is the big joker, he he. How many Kilos has china bought from Russia. ? Our type of Kilos are upgraded, much more better than yours.

Chinese submarine staff is lack in trainning, and China made submarine is low quality. n May 2003, China announced that the entire ship's crew (70 people) had been killed aboard Ming-class submarine 361 due to a mechanical malfunction. The accident took place off the coast of Liaoning province in northeast China. The vessel was recovered and towed to an unidentified port. The cause of the accident is not known, but it is believed that the crew suffocated due to malfunctioning diesel engines, which consumed all the oxygen present in the interior of the submarine.:enjoy:

Thaimiktary forumers are smart.
Hehe, for a frog in the well, ignorance is also confidence.

Heres what the Thai Navy really thinks.
Navy Sources State That Buying Chinese Submarines is a Bad Idea

Navy's B36bn sub purchase plan firms up | Bangkok Post: opinion

China didn't win because of techological superiority but due to added value and geopolitical reasons.

How can China diesel subs be superior over Russia or Germany if their design is a copy of Russia Kilos & Amur/Lada class and using foreign parts like German engines. Their diesel and nuclear subs have serious design flaws like radiation leaks and noise.

BS. The West doesn't want to 'lose Thailand'. That's it. Thailand is pretty much a third world country. How the heck can they buy expensive European subs? For the price of one German sub they can buy two Chinese subs that can do 90% of what the German sub can do. And it deepens the ties with your NEIGHBOUR. That's a nice plus too. Cheaper parts and service, because of proximity too.

BS. The West doesn't want to 'lose Thailand'. That's it. Thailands pretty much a third world country. How the heck can they buy expensive European subs? For the price of one German sub they can buy two Chinese subs that can do 90% of what the German sub can do. And it deepens the ties with your NEIGHBOUR. That's a nice plus too. Cheaper parts and service, because of proximity too.
Agree, I dent understand how some Chinese members here think Chinese subs are more advanced than western subs or even Russian subs. Lool when their subs are mainly derived from Russian models and run on German engines.

CORRECTED-SPECIAL REPORT-Chinese military's secret to success: European engineering

Japanese media : Chinese Yuan class submarines with the German engine muffler Russian technology | Netease International News

New Russian Submarines Are So Silent That The U.S. Navy Calls Them “Black Holes”

U.S. Navy Impressed with New Russian Attack Boat - USNI News

Facts: EU arms and technology sold to China's armed forces — EU - European Union business news and information | eubusiness.com

Yes China has made impressive strides in it's submarine/arms industry(judging by the fact that it's tech was nowhere near just couple decades ago) . But it still needs more time to get to par with the best western and Russian subs to be honest. notice the as I said before we Europeans unlike the U. S and Japan don't really see China as a threat per se (especially militarily) .reason we cooperate with China on even the most sensitive of fields something the U. S and Japan have been very worried /vocal about towards us. Russia has been and is still rightly regarded as our main military threat .

Agree, I dent understand how some Chinese members here think Chinese subs are more advanced than western subs or even Russian subs. Lool when their subs are mainly derived from Russian models and run on German engines.

CORRECTED-SPECIAL REPORT-Chinese military's secret to success: European engineering

Japanese media : Chinese Yuan class submarines with the German engine muffler Russian technology | Netease International News

New Russian Submarines Are So Silent That The U.S. Navy Calls Them “Black Holes”

Facts: EU arms and technology sold to China's armed forces — EU - European Union business news and information | eubusiness.com

Yes China has made impressive strides in it's submarine/arms industry(judging by the fact that it's tech was nowhere near just couple decades ago) . But it still needs more time to get to par with the best western and Russian subs to be honest. notice the as I said before we Europeans unlike the U. S and Japan don't really see China as a threat per se (especially militarily) .reason we cooperate with China on even the most sensitive of fields something the U. S and Japan have been very worried /vocal about towards us. Russia has been and is still rightly regarded as our main military threat .

I didn't say Chinese subs suck, I bet they're on par with Russia's export subs. The Germans are just great sub-builders, but I'm sure the Chinese will catch up with them as well. I meant to say that Chinese subs are MORE than plenty advanced for Thai needs, and the West is just bitching and moaning because this sale will mean an acceptance of Chinese submarine tech and will open the doors for future exports. The US can go sit on a bottle of Pepsi. Europe should fully embrace China's rise and expand trade to a trillion dollars a year. Europe is indeed part of this giant piece of land, and America is just a little island far away. They don't want us to integrate.

China got many submarine techs from Russia, but the techs we got mostly were developed by USSR not now Russia.
Nowaday Russian even doesnt have reliable AIP system to use for their own Armur class diesel submarine.:disagree:
Good to see japanese media trust this nonsense "Chinese Yuan class submarines with the German engine muffler Russian technology.":omghaha:
Frankly saying, most your European minds never keep peace with Chinese & American. Dont learn from your Japanese friends, which always like to make excuses to cheat themselves, or the future facts will shock you heavily.(this is not an Indian):agree:

Last edited:
China got many submarine techs from Russia, but the techs we got mostly were developed by USSR not now Russia.
Nowaday Russian even doesnt have reliable AIP system to use for their own Armur class diesel submarine.:disagree:
Good to see japanese media trust this nosense "Chinese Yuan class submarines with the German engine muffler Russian technology.":omghaha:
Frankly saying, most your Europe countries' thinkings never keep peace with Chinese & Americans. Dont learn from your Japanese friends, which always like to make excuses to cheat themselves, or the future facts will shock you heavily.(this is not an Indian):agree:

Don't understand what you mean really. :(:undecided:

Back
Top Bottom