What's new

Chinese Type 52C, "fragile like tofu" according to Chinese bloggers

On paper it is the type 055, not out yet, but then again the 052D has only been in the force for about a year.

For that first conflict we like to go with the navy that does as much damage to itself than others with the firing of a round.

lol, what is china coming out with a new design every 5 years?

As soon as you volunteer to participate. :partay:
you just know China is dying to show off it's might on someone.
it's either Vietnam or the Philippines.

lyou just know China is dying to show off it's might on someone.
it's either Vietnam or the Philippines.

I think it would be more interesting that they show their might to the 7th fleet, more of a more even match.

Getting hurt while on duty actually put a lot of shame & stress on the serviceman. Especially when it affects the success or failure of the task assigned to you. It may looked like a simple matter, but I assure you the poor chap will blame himself repeatedly over the following days.

On another military forum i saw US Navy veterans apreciating the Chinese sailors intervention as "very professional".

Damage Control and ship design are both important and can't easily learn from others. USA, Japan and UK got those knowlage also for some cost.
I'm not sure the Damage Control part, hope they have improved it.
The ship design part is changing for sure.
Type 052C just like you have seen.
This is Type 052D, the same windows are open towards outside and change to water proof door.
View attachment 196464
Just watch above 052C DDG's stern room under the helideck ... there's empty no install anti-sub towed sonar ???

Even 054A FFG has it...
5_120302110013_1.jpg
5_120302110013_2.jpg
53ae0b70h9476494f9892&690.jpg
53ae0b70h947649033a1f&690.jpg
53ae0b70h94774cf0cd0e&690.jpg

Last edited:
On another military forum i saw US Navy veterans apreciating the Chinese sailors intervention as "very professional".

In my opinion, it should be no issues with the crew, they did what they could, the real issue is with the ship, the waves should not have blown open the door. Its really an small thing, but it does point out to lack of detail in the design of the ship.

Chinese destroyer "as made of tofu, just a drop in the pond"
Soha VN | 02/25/2015 Google translated

Original article URL from Google translated, has a very nice video.
Google Translate

avar-1424838714909-73-0-461-762-crop-1424839836684.jpg

After seeing the embarrassment of Zhengzhou crew when big waves hit the belly of the ship, the online forums in China has made many sarcastic comments about the navy.

In recent years, the Chinese Navy eager to show strength and military capabilities of its growing, with the hope that it will create a new image of an army equipped with modern technology high.

However, it seems difficult to eliminate popular conception that China is still lagging behind compared to Western countries for the quality of ships, as well as a lack of professionalism of the crew.

A video by China Central Television (CCTV) broadcast as China has not proved possible to narrow this gap.

In the CCTV footage broadcast on Sunday 23/2 13 crew on missile destroyer Zhengzhou ( Type 052C ) of the Chinese Navy has to work very hard to fix the problem on board.

13 CCTV said the incident occurred when the ship Zhengzhou was training in the Western Pacific ocean end of 2014, in rough sea conditions, waves higher than 5 m.

khu-truc-ham-tq-nhu-lam-bang-dau-phu-chi-tha-duoc-trong-ao.jpg

Two crew members were injured when the door was sprung out open because of the waves

At the time of the incident, this ship is moving at low speeds. However, high waves caused the ship's side door to take on water.

In the video, 2 crew members are trying to fasten the door. However, a strong wave of strikes suddenly, causing the door, the water overflows into the ship profusely.

Overflow profusely on ship

According to CCTV, the two sailors were injured, a broken front teeth, a broken bone.

Soon, all the crew were gathered.

Some sailors used wooden columns to hold the door, the door sprung against the waves hit. Meanwhile, some other sailors trying to get the water out with buckets and wash basin.

A long time later, the door can be welded.

The crew had to use buckets to bail

After seeing the embarrassment of the crew Zhengzhou, online forums in China has made many sarcastic comments about the naval forces of the country.

Most decry the quality of Chinese warships weak and crew on board did not have the ability to respond to emergency situations.

One netizen ironic that a crew troubleshooting ship that looks "fragile like tofu".

"Is the design of the ship and crew training program was developed according to standard operation in the pond instead of the ocean?" - Another netizen comments.

Zhengzhou ship was put on the payroll of the East Sea Fleet May 12/2013.

This is the 4th Ship Type 052C was put on the payroll of the Chinese Navy Ship Type 052C and 2 are included in the payroll of the East Sea Fleet.

So far, China has launched 6 ships of the Type 052C.

The Type 052C destroyer was named China's Aegis ships by the layout of the phase array radar mounted on the upper part is similar to the Arleigh Burke destroyers of the United States.

Type 052C ships with a maximum output of 7,000 tons of water relaxation, 155m long, 17m wide. This is the destroyer specialized in air defense task.

The ship is equipped with a 4-phase network Type 348 radar mounted on the upper floors and 48 vertical launch tubes for air defense missile HHQ-9, 8 missiles YJ-62 anti-ham.

Has a landing deck and helicopter hangar for one.

LOL. A Vietnamese article trying to translate into Chinese. Your link to the vietnamese article doesn't even work.

CPC's official media: CCTV provided a real 'accident' to us, and make u think China 052C DDG is 'fragile like tofu/豆腐', Now i believe it too ... LOL ! :D

I must admit the American did better & more real, anyway China Navy need to learn lots of good experiences from U.S Navy, especially skills of 'Damage Control'.
View attachment 196463 View attachment 196465

I concur, but Chinese should not take anything seriously from a Vietnamese article trying to translate into Chinese. You know, Vietnamese will lie about the incident as usual.
Is there a Chinese version of the article so we can debunk the lying Vietnamese article?

LOL. A Vietnamese article trying to translate into Chinese. Your link to the vietnamese article doesn't even work.

I concur, but Chinese should not take anything seriously from a Vietnamese article trying to translate into Chinese. You know, Vietnamese will lie about the incident as usual.
Is there a Chinese version of the article so we can debunk the lying Vietnamese article?
It means, a Vietnam Web use google translate a Chinese artical and its commons into Vietnam Langusga. I think.

Just CCTV news footage ... and i think we'd better let them trust 052C is 'fragile like tofu'.

Don't worry it's just 'Chinese tofu' & we can build more, totally HARMLESS ! :D:bunny:

Getting hurt while on duty actually put a lot of shame & stress on the serviceman. Especially when it affects the success or failure of the task assigned to you. It may looked like a simple matter, but I assure you the poor chap will blame himself repeatedly over the following days.

Absolutely. Servicemen enlisted and sacrificed precious years of their lives in service of the nation. To protect and serve the people so that the life, liberties, and pursuit of happiness of the citizens are guaranteed. Citizens should at least have some decorum in how they talk about the servicemen, who would happily give their lives for protection of the nation.

That's my view.

Maybe they are for deferent use. 052C/D anti air. 056 and 054A anti sub. If there is 055, I think 055 can do both. Because it's big enough for all the szstem, weapon and contral center.
maybe YES. At least I have seen two kinds of domestic anti-sub towed sonar installed on 054A & 056A :D

054A's
5_120302110013_1-jpg.196477

53ae0b70h9476494f9892-690-jpg.196479

056A's
W020140704352310078346.jpg
169f4fe3d6c18d5aa4baffcc4e19dba4.jpg

The link does work in my computer, but anyway, I just added the original link that is not google translated to the article, only worth it for the video, but the video is worth watching.

Lets not forget that this story does not come from me or Vietnam, it does come from China and the ones complaining are the chinese.

You know, Vietnamese will lie about the incident as usual.

If you see the video, you'll see that is very real and on chinese TV. The video is from CCTV 13.

It should be easy to find the original story, but have to search in chinese, you should be able to find it easily.

If the links don't work in China, then it means that those URL's are blocked by the government, which it would not be unusual at all.

Absolutely. Servicemen enlisted and sacrificed precious years of their lives in service of the nation. To protect and serve the people so that the life, liberties, and pursuit of happiness of the citizens are guaranteed. Citizens should at least have some decorum in how they talk about the servicemen, who would happily give their lives for protection of the nation.

That's my view.

I agree, they should not complain about the crew, particularly when some of them got hurt.

No one is worried except the Vietnam navy. They are concerned about the Chinese Tofu.

Of course, don't you know that chinese tofu is contaminated with toxic chemicals?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom