What's new

Chinese troops “take away” camera; not incursion, says Govt

thestringshredder

Reaction score
Country
India
vbk-09-incursion_1513055f.jpg

About a fortnight ahead of Defence Minister A.K. Antony’s maiden visit on July 4 to Beijing, a small flap took place near the Line of Actual Control (LAC), but both sides utilised the existing mechanisms to defuse the situation.

A Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA) patrol in Chumar sector in Southern Ladakh took away a camera placed on the ground, about 6 km ahead of an Indian Army post.

India raised the issue of missing camera at a meeting of border personnel two days later on June 19 and China returned the non-functional camera earlier this month, government sources said here on Tuesday.

Seeking to play down the incident, government sources were not inclined to describe it as an “incursion” in the disputed territory where perceptions about the Line of Actual Control (LAC) differ.

The sources said the camera was put ahead of the Indian post to monitor the movement of Chinese troops along the LAC which was probably not to the liking of the PLA. The Indian side is at an advantageous position in Chumar as there is a road right up to the Army post whereas the area is not easily accessible from the Chinese side. In fact, the situation here is reverse. Instead of smooth roads for the Chinese, it is the Indians who have a motorable track to their forward locations while the PLA troops have to travel by mules.

The camera would alert India about the movement of Chinese patrol and because of the relatively better infrastructure, Indian security forces beat their Chinese counterparts on occupying a hillock that gives a clear line of sight for several kms. In fact, it was here the Indians had built a temporary tin shed after the Chinese set up camps in Depsang. The shed was dismantled in return for the Chinese restoring the status quo by removing the tents.

Both the Indian Army and the People’s Liberation Army patrol the desolate region, about 200 km from Depsang plains where a Chinese platoon had entered in April and set up camp about 19 km inside the Indian territory.

Diplomatic channels had worked overtime on both sides to defuse the tension and face-off in that region in Eastern Ladakh that lingered on for nearly three weeks. At that time India had agreed to dismantle some bunkers in the area.

Pointing to the joint statement issued at the end of Mr. Antony’s China visit on July 6, the sources said the two sides had noted that peace and tranquillity on the border was an important guarantor for the growth and development of bilateral cooperation. The two Defence Ministers also emphasized the importance of enhancing mutual trust and understanding between the two militaries.

It was also agreed to enhance visits of border troop delegations to promote dialogue and strengthen trust and cooperation. Similarly, it was also agreed to have Border Personnel Meetings (BPM) with greater frequency.

Link - Chinese troops “take away” camera; not incursion, says Govt | idrw.org

I think China and India might come close to war??? I am really very worried as its not good for South Asia....

if it would happen then Russia will support China, North Korea or INDIA and Nato???

Why they want to take away the camera???? May be that was a chinese made camera :P.........

I guess its time to accept that chinese are being aggressive and we have 2 option.... either give it what they want... or oppose it in kind..... enough of lips service.....

I think China and India might come close to war??? I am really very worried as its not good for South Asia....

if it would happen then Russia will support China, North Korea or INDIA and Nato???

Well i dono how north korea will come into this boarder issue?????? Btw Russia would most probably be neutral and watch the effectiveness of their weapons (because indians use their weapons and chinese use the copy of it)....Nato would send diplomats to defuse the tension and so would be US....

But Let me tell you nothing that sort is gonna happen.... these incrusions and fights are gonna be there but would not become serious one in near future.....Both nation are not in a position to fight a war now....

The party who is guilty are the first to sue,China should learn this from Indian media, India first install the camera, then China revome that, then Indian media loud "they invade us again........"

well,I doubt it..Its just a poking game China is playing..they're doing this for decades now,just to make border issue alive,that might be used as an excuse in case of war.but they know that just like us that they will loose a war without any benifit as this border isn't ideal for a war.it'll create a nightmare condition for supply.and India already fortified most of the stretches along with border.all India need is to complete road/rail links which was dragging due to objection of environment department..

The party who is guilty are the first to sue,China should learn this from Indian media, India first install the camera, then China revome that, then Indian media loud "they invade us again........"

Its clearly India who is victim,unless we use "Chinese Logic" in this case..

These are petty incidents, at least better than our eastern border where everyday there is violation of ceasefire...

Its clearly India who is victim,unless we use "Chinese Logic" in this case..

If India is a victim then Chinese loose credibility too..

This is the same as what is now happening in the South China Sea. As far as I know, Chinese troops shoot down Vietnamese fishermen with the reason that they are going on their Sea (which is not the fact actually)
China is now keep increase the repugnance between them and the neighbors and when their neighbors start to fight back, they will shout to the world that their neighbors dominate them.
Oh China china

So China, INDIA and USA should settle their rows peacefully. Actually I was checking your feelings that are you people Sinful to see war in this peace loving world.

I hate war and I think every country should look towards peaceful earth forever.

Confidence now growing into Overconfidence --- n History Says " Confidence is good but over confidence always sinks the ship" -- No worries we ll help ya :wave:

Looks like Indian govt is stuck in lalaland...
Very well. We will wait for more border incursions

the TRUTH is always on India's side.if we settle a camera first ,they will cry that "China intrude us by set a camera"

Back
Top Bottom