What's new

Chinese think tank suggests division of India

Any division of India has to happen only after China has been broken into pieces. No second line of statement.period

There is still a central government dictating, so they are not "free". Each Indian state should be able to handle their own foreign policy and make their own economic decisions. If this is true then Indian people will benefit, Pakistan will benefit, China will benefit; pretty much the entire South Asia will benefit.

This is the kind of democracy Indians dream of everyday, and how ironic would it be that "Communist" China will help make it happen. :yahoo:

Apparently you are not very well-informed. All Indian states except two have their own set of independent areas where central government authority does not run. There is a second set of administrative subjects which are directly managed by the centre; a third set of subjects is jointly managed.

Two states are outside these arrangements. These two states are specially provided for in the Indian constitution, and have extraordinary powers to settle their own affairs. One of these, the most empowered Indian state, also has its own constitution, promulgated in 1957. A look at that constitution will settle a lot of your aspirations and hopes for India.

It will be an excellent development if China understands that democracy has its benefits and persuades itself to democratise. When it does, it will join the other free nations of the world, which will be a very good thing.

Apparently you are not very well-informed. All Indian states except two have their own set of independent areas where central government authority does not run. There is a second set of administrative subjects which are directly managed by the centre; a third set of subjects is jointly managed.

Two states are outside these arrangements. These two states are specially provided for in the Indian constitution, and have extraordinary powers to settle their own affairs. One of these, the most empowered Indian state, also has its own constitution, promulgated in 1957. A look at that constitution will settle a lot of your aspirations and hopes for India.

It will be an excellent development if China understands that democracy has its benefits and persuades itself to democratise. When it does, it will join the other free nations of the world, which will be a very good thing.

Hey Joe. :)

That will take a very long time indeed.

And if it does happen, it will be a very "Chinese" democracy, to the point where you might not even be able to call it a democracy.

Hong Kong for instance, has multiparty elections... but cannot be called a democracy (we don't elect our leaders). Singapore is classified as a "hybrid", with elements of both authoritarianism and democracy.

That will take a very long time indeed.

And if it does happen, it will be a very "Chinese" democracy, to the point where you might not even be able to call it a democracy.

Hong Kong for instance, has multiparty elections... but cannot be called a democracy (we don't elect our leaders). Singapore is classified as a "hybrid", with elements of both authoritarianism and democracy.

Singapore has more executions per capita than China and the longest serving political prisoners in the world. I'm actually scared of going to Singapore because of how easy it is to get the death penalty, or whipped, or thrown in prison there.

Singapore has more executions per capita than China and the longest serving political prisoners in the world. I'm actually scared of going to Singapore because of how easy it is to get the death penalty, or whipped, or thrown in prison there.

:lol: Its no where as bad. I worked in Singapore for 3 months, its an awesome country. Just try not to smuggle drugs when you go there!

you cant blame they as they are always in their own world of dreams..

I never heard any state is unhappy for not having foreign policy rights :rofl:
certain amount of economical autonomy should be nice for states like Maharashtra..
states like Maharashtra contribute 14% in GDP but funding coming in from central government is very less than that..
but we never blame central government for that cause whatever a state earns is for the whole country and states which are economically backward should get more help from central government..problem is with corruption the money given by central government is not used how it should be...
and china as far as i know is not free from corruption either...so keep dreaming chinese "THINK TANKs"

U'll be fine or fined :lol:

ohhh i c what more china want to do with india. is china ruling us???? indian think tank want china to be pieces because it is bigger than india in size and population. go to hell dont make such stupid statements. it will be easy to occupy if india devided to many parts. china always wants to occupy other lands

me and my friends discussed about china's growth and declared if china divided into 30 parts it grow more rapidly. and china should leave Taiwan alone.

me and my friends discussed about china's growth and declared if china divided into 30 parts it grow more rapidly. and china should leave Taiwan alone.

You'd better find yourself a piece of cloth then dreaming about dividing China.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom