What's new

Chinese tennis star accuses former top Communist Party leader of sexual assault, triggering blanket censorship

This is similar to the relationship between Clinton and Lewinsky. I always wondered how a man in his 60s raped a tennis player in his 20s.

If there is no rape, the CCP's treatment of extramarital affairs is usually deprivation of rights, and extramarital affairs do not need to be sentenced. Zhang Gaoli has retired and has no right to be deprived.
Peng Shuai only published this article after Zhang Gaoli retired. It is more like the outbreak of emotional contradictions between men and women, which has nothing to do with political problems.
So I think what Peng Shuai said may be true.

BTW: CNN shamelessly lied and fabricated rape charges again.

Comparison with West and East on rape is complicated

How law interprets rape matters

In India and China martial rape is not a crime unlike in the West

Age of consent also comes into play
In India age of consent is 18 unlike in China where it is 14

So in China a middle aged man having consensual sex with 15 year old is not statutory rape while its not the same in many parts of the world

There are also factors, such social stigma of rape victims depending on the societies
Proud raping superpowers try to bring China down to the level of India

I always wondered how a man in his 60s raped a tennis player in his 20s.
Your mind conveniently focus on the biology only and forgets that power is the ultimate aphrodisiac.

Update: The western media lies regarding the non-existant sport of tennis have been corrected by CCP officials. Any reference to this imaginary sport have been removed, and as there is no official record of this sport existing there can be no discussion about this imaginary sport.

If there are indeed allegations of rape then it should be decided in court whether it's true or not, not by netizens talking about how the woman not being the most beautiful woman means she's lying.
Is the guy being accused of rape a high ranking official? Or is he just some politician of a small town or something who can be easily punished and replaced?

Then, one morning about three years ago after Zhang had retired, the post alleges Peng was suddenly invited by him to play tennis in Beijing. Afterward, she writes, Zhang and his wife brought Peng back to their home, where Peng claimed she was pressured into having sex with Zhang.
"That afternoon I did not agree at first and was crying all the time," Peng wrote. After dinner with Zhang and his wife, and following much persuading from Zhang, she relented, according to the post.
So I read most of the article this time and yeah the guy being accused is a high ranking official, if the news being spread by CNN is indeed fake news then the government or Zhang Gaoli should clarify their stance and at least just say CNN's reporting is false.
Furthermore from Peng's comments it looks like Zhang was cheating on his wife, isn't that alone something which a high ranking official should be punished for?

I am sure when Clinton was having sex with Lewinsky, Hillary wasn't guarding the door.
I know you know Chinese word, you can see 48# reply which is the screenshot of PengShuai's blog. It clearly means having an affair, not rape. The only difference between Clinton and him is. Hillary wasn't outside the door.

If there are indeed allegations of rape then it should be decided in court whether it's true or not, not by netizens talking about how the woman not being the most beautiful woman means she's lying.
Is the guy being accused of rape a high ranking official? Or is he just some politician of a small town or something who can be easily punished and replaced?
CNN lied.
Peng Shuai's blog said she had an affair with Zhang Gaoli, but CNN changed to rape.

I know you know Chinese word, you can see 48# reply which is the screenshot of PengShuai's blog. It clearly means having an affair, not rape. The only difference between Clinton and him is. Hillary wasn't outside the door.

CNN lied.
Peng Shuai's blog said she had an affair with Zhang Gaoli, but CNN changed to rape.
If that is the case then Zhang Gaoli should clarify his side of the story, if a news article from a major news outlet is spreading news (wether real or fake) about how much of a rapist you are then you should come out and at least say "hey they are lying".
I know we should give this issue some time, because rape accusations are quite damning and even when they are false they can include some embarrassing secret relationships (eg: a guy cheating on his wife with a tenis player), or it could also include blackmail, so we shouldn't jump to conclusions before we have enough information, especially since we have yet to hear anything from the accused.
I realize that punishing people in power is getting more and more difficult (eg: the Joe Biden/ Tara Reade issue), however when common citizens rush to the defence of the powerful guy being accused then that only makes it more difficult to punish powerful people. Zhang Gaoli is not China, Zhang is just one guy, China is 1.4 billion people, the pursuit to find wether this one guy is guilty or not should not be taken as if it is an attack on China.

If that is the case then Zhang Gaoli should clarify his side of the story, if a news article from a major news outlet is spreading news (wether real or fake) about how much of a rapist you are then you should come out and at least say "hey they are lying".
I know we should give this issue some time, because rape accusations are quite damning and even when they are false they can include some embarrassing secret relationships (eg: a guy cheating on his wife with a tenis player), or it could also include blackmail, so we shouldn't jump to conclusions before we have enough information, especially since we have yet to hear anything from the accused.
I realize that punishing people in power is getting more and more difficult (eg: the Joe Biden/ Tara Reade issue), however when common citizens rush to the defence of the powerful guy being accused then that only makes it more difficult to punish powerful people. Zhang Gaoli is not China, Zhang is just one guy, China is 1.4 billion people, the pursuit to find wether this one guy is guilty or not should not be taken as if it is an attack on China.

If it is rape, it violates China's criminal law and will be sentenced to imprisonment. In the most serious case, it even can be sentenced to death. If it is an extramarital affair, it is not illegal, but it violates the CCP's discipline, the CCP's usual punishment is dismissal position. If it is promiscuity (so it is necessary to determine whether Zhang Gaoli's wife is involved), the CCP usually punishes dismissal position and expulsion from the CCP.
In either case, evidence is needed. Considering that Zhang Gaoli has retired and has lost all his public office, so even if it is true, many punishments are meaningless.
The Chinese govt usually does not reply to Anti China media such as CNN, because no matter whether it wins or loses, it will bring prestige to CNN. China just needs to block any business of CNN in China.

CNN lied.
Will Chinese censors allow their blog to be unblocked ?

If it is rape, it violates China's criminal law and will be sentenced to imprisonment. In the most serious case, it even can be sentenced to death. If it is an extramarital affair, it is not illegal, but it violates the CCP's discipline, the CCP's usual punishment is dismissal position. If it is promiscuity (so it is necessary to determine whether Zhang Gaoli's wife is involved), the CCP usually punishes dismissal position and expulsion from the CCP.
In either case, evidence is needed. Considering that Zhang Gaoli has retired and has lost all his public office, so even if it is true, many punishments are meaningless.
The Chinese govt usually does not reply to Anti China media such as CNN, because no matter whether it wins or loses, it will bring prestige to CNN. China just needs to block any business of CNN in China.

Actually it matter to Zhang Gaoli. Now, you should remember several things :

1. It is closer to the end of Xi Jinping 2nd term. And there is a rumor about Xi to continue on his 3rd term.
2. Despite retired, Zhang Gaoli should be an influental person in CPC inner circle. He must have many followers and people who respect him. Remember, active CPC officials can be a king, but a retired influential one can become a king maker.
3. Now look back at the disaster of China energy crisis some time ago. And then Evergrande. Don't you remember that China aim for clean energy and abandon coal started with Xi's speech? And how it became so chaotic?
4. Now, why Peng Shuai spread her affair with Zhang Gaoli in social media? She should know the risk of doing so. Then why she dares to publish Zhang's secret affair to the internet? She may has some backer who guarantee her safety.
5. Now, even IF CPC cut the social media, but the deed has been done. I'm sure that all CPC most important people know about this affair, and it will affect Zhang Gaoli's influence and power. He may avoid punishment. But this rumor surely has become a stain in his reputation in CPC.

My feeling said that there is something going on that has connection with the next CPC presidential election, and Xi's plan to continue with his third term.

Last edited:
Actually it matter to Zhang Gaoli. Now, you should remember several things :

1. It is closer to the end of Xi Jinping 2nd term. And there is a rumor about Xi to continue on his 3rd term.
2. Despite retired, Zhang Gaoli should be an influental person in CPC inner circle. He must have many followers and people who respect him. Remember, active CPC officials can be a king, but a retired influential one can become a king maker.
3. Now look back at the disaster of China energy crisis some time ago. And then Evergrande. Don't you remember that China aim for clean energy and abandon coal started with Xi's speech? And how it became so chaotic?
4. Now, why Peng Shuai spread her affair with Zhang Gaoli in social media? She should know the risk of doing so. Then why she dares to publish Zhang's dark side to the internet? She may has some backer who guarantee her safety.
5. Now, even IF CPC cut the social media, but the deed has been done. I'm sure that all CPC most important people know about this affair, and it will affect Zhang Gaoli's influence and power. He may avoid punishment. But this rumor surely has become a stain in his reputation in CPC.

My feeling said that there is something going on that has connection with the next CPC highest seat candidate, and Xi's plan to continue with his third term.

The CCP general secretary and members of the Political Bureau are elected by 205 CCP Central Committee members, and 205 Central Committee members are elected by the CCP National Congress. Retired officials have no ability to influence them.

CCP Central Committee members are similar to U.S. senators. They are the highest organization that really controls China's personnel rights.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Committee_of_the_Chinese_Communist_Party

The CCP National Congress held a vote, and the top 376 became 205 Central Committee members and 171 alternate members. In addition, there must be no less than 16 members of the Central Committee of ethnic minorities in the list. Members of the Central Committee who are not members of the Politburo must be less than 65 years old, and the age of full members must not be less than 50 years old. The Central Committee members elect 25 members of the Politburo, and the list must ensure that there are no less than 2 PLA representatives and no less than 1 female. Members of the Central Committee select 7 members who meet the age requirements from 25 members of the Politburo to become members of the Standing Committee of the Politburo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom