What's new

Chinese tennis star accuses former top Communist Party leader of sexual assault, triggering blanket censorship

Fake/sensationalist news is not tolerated in China as foreign intelligence agencies use it to destabilise China. Destabilising China has been the number 1 goal of Western intelligence agencies to stop China’s economic and technological rise. Like what happened in Hong Kong in 2019.

Stability is paramount. Nothing or nobody will get in the way of stability. Absolutely nothing!

You don't know what she said was true or not. There are two sets or rules , one for the CPC elite powerful people , and another for the average citizens. Scrubbing the news from the internet just means CPC is protecting their own in the name of stability. If a country going to fall apart because of an allegation, then how strong your country really is ? Taliban claims women in burqa is paramount for what they consider stability !
People need to see enforcement of law is uniform across all layers of life.

Evil lerks in the shadows my friend !

Actually it matter to Zhang Gaoli. Now, you should remember several things :

1. It is closer to the end of Xi Jinping 2nd term. And there is a rumor about Xi to continue on his 3rd term.
2. Despite retired, Zhang Gaoli should be an influental person in CPC inner circle. He must have many followers and people who respect him. Remember, active CPC officials can be a king, but a retired influential one can become a king maker.
3. Now look back at the disaster of China energy crisis some time ago. And then Evergrande. Don't you remember that China aim for clean energy and abandon coal started with Xi's speech? And how it became so chaotic?
4. Now, why Peng Shuai spread her affair with Zhang Gaoli in social media? She should know the risk of doing so. Then why she dares to publish Zhang's secret affair to the internet? She may has some backer who guarantee her safety.
5. Now, even IF CPC cut the social media, but the deed has been done. I'm sure that all CPC most important people know about this affair, and it will affect Zhang Gaoli's influence and power. He may avoid punishment. But this rumor surely has become a stain in his reputation in CPC.

My feeling said that there is something going on that has connection with the next CPC presidential election, and Xi's plan to continue with his third term.

does everything have to be a conspiracy ?
You don't know what she said was true or not. There are two sets or rules , one for the CPC elite powerful people , and another for the average citizens. Scrubbing the news from the internet just means CPC is protecting their own in the name of stability. If a country going to fall apart because of an allegation, then how strong your country really is ? Taliban claims women in burqa is paramount for what they consider stability !

absolute power corrupts ... why would the CCP give up power ?

The current system has worked for China well enough to become the 2nd most powerful country in the world out of about 200 countries. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. A few percentage of people causing trouble and destabilising China at the expense of 1.4 billion others is stupid.

Back
Top Bottom