What's new

'Chinese students stealing tech secrets from UK varsities’

Status
Not open for further replies.
For now, China blatantly disregards intellectual property rights and is known to copy every piece of technology and mass produce it, in the process even ends up applying for patents for some pieces.

I can see where the west is coming from, but if you look at it from China's perspective, then you can clearly see that the unfair trade embargo was to blame. China would have been competing fairly if the stage was set to allow China to fair competition. Sadly reality says otherwise.

Intellectual property theft occurs, no denying the fact. But its wrong, especially if you do it in Universities - educational institutions. And its not fair to those who develop the ideas. What if tomorrow, China does come up with a true pathbreaking innovation in medicine or pharmaceuticals or technology and others start making cheap generic copies without a scant regard for patents, earning profits in the process? Would you or anyone else like that?

Of course no one would like that but we all know thats how the world works, we don't condemn these students because we're being realistic here. Its the same reason why piracy is so rampant on the internet, people used to give Japan the same crap for years about copying and reverse engineering and poof 20th century they are now regarded as forefront leaders of technology.

If you're trying to convince us its wrong we know that, but do we condemn it? Somewhat pending on the seriousness. As bribery is common in Asia so is the disregard of IP and until the region develops to 1st world status it will always be that way.

lol, Dyson should be more aware of them Japanese.

Its a Chinese company, with a very Japanese sounding name:confused:

Hehe I pity the man, but I don't think Dyson has much to worry about. Buying a Dyson is like buying a BMW, its a show piece of sorts. If I really wanted a blade less fan I would go for the Dyson.

Anyone who would have bought this probably wouldn't have bought a Dyson anyway, then again the copy aint cheap at 223 :D

I have a Dyson fan, but got it as a gift:cheesy: For the time being its more of a novelty than a fan. What annoys me about these rip offs is that they copy literally everything. I mean fine you have got the technology, but at least try and make it look different :lol: They even copied the color !

I can see where the west is coming from, but if you look at it from China's perspective, then you can clearly see that the unfair trade embargo was to blame. China would have been competing fairly if the stage was set to allow China to fair competition. Sadly reality says otherwise.

Of course no one would like that but we all know thats how the world works, we don't condemn these students because we're being realistic here. Its the same reason why piracy is so rampant on the internet, people used to give Japan the same crap for years about copying and reverse engineering and poof 20th century they are now regarded as forefront leaders of technology.

If you're trying to convince us its wrong we know that, but do we condemn it? Somewhat pending on the seriousness. As bribery is common in Asia so is the disregard of IP and until the region develops to 1st world status it will always be that way.

I don't even know why you feel like justifying anything (esp.)to him.

Roger Bate: India's Fake Drugs Are a Real Problem - WSJ.com

I have a Dyson fan, but got it as a gift:cheesy: For the time being its more of a novelty than a fan. What annoys me about these rip offs is that they copy literally everything. I mean fine you have got the technology, but at least try and make it look different :lol: They even copied the color !

Least they didn't call their company Dynon or something lol, I think an all grey or black would be nice though. But for the price I will stick to air conditioning

Least they didn't call their company Dynon or something lol, I think an all grey or black would be nice though. But for the price I will stick to air conditioning

Apparently you can buy them for 50 bucks each, if bought in bulk from Alibaba:cheesy:

Although still a problem, but life saving drugs and consumer products like fans and ipads aren't really the same thing.

One kills by poisoning and another blows up in your face take your choice
nahh just kidding

Apparently you can buy them for 50 bucks each, if bought in bulk from Alibaba:cheesy:

That'll turn my room into a wind testing facility

Because unlike you, they are neither racist nor go around accusing others of being racist. They see a valid point for discussion instead of jumping the racism gun!

And oh, btw,since you started the mudslingling, you might also be aware of this.
Counterfeit Drugs Made In China Relabeled "Made In India"

India lodges protest over fake Chinese drugs

Health fears grow as fake drugs flood into Britain
They were made in China, labelled in French and then shipped to Singapore. They ended up in Liverpool and from there were sold straight into the heart of the NHS.

Goes both ways, dude.

Would all this really help our countries cross over to the 1st World?

the paid propaganda patrol of the CCP is in its full glory attacking the manufacture now- but they seem to forget - almost very 3 months we have such stories coming out about China from technology providers. they are called the worlds greatest technology theives...

I have togive it to the Chinese- they have the shortest memory and they all do walk in sync after the memo is sent out ." whatever happens just pretend this the 1st time and feign outrage"

I am not going to bring myself down that low and attack the entire Indian population. Frankly speaking, not all Indians are the same and they are all entitled to voice their opinions, so long they do so civilly.

I agree with Anonymous user. I agree that it is wrong, but it is just as wrong for the west to point fingers when they were the ones who placed an embargo on China. Now China will rub it in and they will have to take it with a pinch of salt. In the short forseeible future they will be publishing articles praising China for its technological advancements.

Media is like a pendulum, its volatile stories sways both ways.

Because unlike you, they are neither racist nor go around accusing others of being racist. They see a valid point for discussion instead of jumping the racism gun!

And oh, btw,since you started the mudslingling, you might also be aware of this.
Counterfeit Drugs Made In China Relabeled "Made In India"

India lodges protest over fake Chinese drugs

Health fears grow as fake drugs flood into Britain
They were made in China, labelled in French and then shipped to Singapore. They ended up in Liverpool and from there were sold straight into the heart of the NHS.

Goes both ways, dude.

No Chinese people cannot cheat, steal.. oh my god, this is blasphemy let the Pakistani overlords summon and banish thee to the inner circles hell.

I am not going to bring myself down that low and attack the entire Indian population. Frankly speaking, not all Indians are the same and they are all entitled to voice their opinions, so long they do so civilly.

I agree with Anonymous user. I agree that it is wrong, but it is just as wrong for the west to point fingers when they were the ones who placed an embargo on China. Now China will rub it in and they will have to take it with a pinch of salt. In the short forseeible future they will be publishing articles praising China for its technological advancements.

Media is like a pendulum, its volatile stories sways both ways.

It is interesting how many people pointing to western powers and media get their checks cut in west. Just an observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom