What's new

'Chinese students stealing tech secrets from UK varsities’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would all this really help our countries cross over to the 1st World?

Unfortunately the 1st world countries with the technology (i.e Western Countries) do not share enough of their technology to help third world countries en rich themselves. And most countries lacking the financial clout of China and India fall into this trap and are forever paying exorbitant rates to foreign firms for their technology. If say China did not create its own HSR or India did not create their own generic drugs to help the masses everyone would forever be in debt of the foreign countries.

I seriously doubt that the developed countries want Asia to move to 1st world status, it just means more resources will get used up.

The South American countries paid loads for US contractors to build highways and dams thru their oil money and now the Amazon is a mess.

I am not going to bring myself down that low and attack the entire Indian population. Frankly speaking, not all Indians are the same and they are all entitled to voice their opinions, so long they do so civilly.

I agree with Anonymous user. I agree that it is wrong, but it is just as wrong for the west to point fingers when they were the ones who placed an embargo on China. Now China will rub it in and they will have to take it with a pinch of salt. In the short forseeible future they will be publishing articles praising China for its technological advancements.

Media is like a pendulum, its volatile stories sways both ways.

If China or India came up with a free energy generator tomorrow and US or UK somehow got a prototype I doubt their scientist will be sitting around with their hands in their pockets.

Unfortunately the 1st world countries with the technology (i.e Western Countries) do not share enough of their technology to help third world countries en rich themselves. And most countries lacking the financial clout of China and India fall into this trap and are forever paying exorbitant rates to foreign firms for their technology. If say China did not create its own HSR or India did not create their own generic drugs to help the masses everyone would forever be in debt of the foreign countries.

I seriously doubt that the developed countries want Asia to move to 1st world status, it just means more resources will get used up.

The South American countries paid loads for US contractors to build highways and dams thru their oil money and now the Amazon is a mess.

To be fair though, some fancy fans or computers aren't really needed for the development of any country.

Copying some critical technology, specially when not given access to, is justified. But copying innovations and making cheap copies riding the low labour cost is not justified imo.

Because unlike you, they are neither racist nor go around accusing others of being racist. They see a valid point for discussion instead of jumping the racism gun!

And oh, btw,since you started the mudslingling, you might also be aware of this.
Counterfeit Drugs Made In China Relabeled "Made In India"

India lodges protest over fake Chinese drugs

Health fears grow as fake drugs flood into Britain
They were made in China, labelled in French and then shipped to Singapore. They ended up in Liverpool and from there were sold straight into the heart of the NHS.

Goes both ways, dude.

Wow, the super power of fake drugs lecturing others regarding fake drugs? are you serious? :oops: 6% comparing to 75%?

Fake drugs big business in India - UPI.com

NEW DELHI, Sept. 11 (UPI) -- India, the world's leading maker of generic drugs, is also a center for counterfeit and substandard medications, officials said.

With authentic-looking packaging and labeled with the names of legitimate companies like GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer and Novartis, the fake drugs are sold to Indian consumers and in developing nations around the world, The Washington Post reported Saturday.

"They look real, but all these are fakes," said investigator Suresh Sati, displaying boxes of confiscated drugs in his New Delhi office..

Sati is head of an agency that helps police conduct raids against counterfeit-drug syndicates across India.

"A regular customer cannot make out if a drug is fake. ... The biggest giveaway is when someone is selling medicines very cheap. It is almost always fake," Sati said.

Experts say the worldwide fake-drug industry, worth about $90 billion, is responsible for almost 1 million deaths a year and is contributing to a rise in drug resistance.

Last year, India strengthened its drug laws, and suspects found guilty of manufacturing and selling fake drugs can be sentenced to life in prison.

But it's an uphill battle, Sati said.

"It is very difficult to dismantle the entire operation," Sati said. "When we bust one operation, two more spring up elsewhere."

Fake drugs a bitter pill for India

NEW DELHI - Two recent reports by international health organizations have highlighted the disquieting magnitude of the counterfeit drugs market in India.

The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) reckons that 75% of the world's total supply of fake drugs can be traced to India. The World Health Organization (WHO) pegs the figure at 35%.

Between 10 and 30% of all pharmaceuticals in developing countries are counterfeit, according to the 2006 WHO figures cited in the OECD report, which estimates that India is the biggest culprit in the spurious drugs market though other countries such as Egypt (7%) and China (6%) contribute to this menace. OECD asserts that counterfeiters include medical professionals such as pharmacists and physicians, organized crime syndicates, bogus pharmaceutical companies, corrupt officials and terrorist organizations.
Asia Times Online :: South Asia news, business and economy from India and Pakistan

@ Brotherhood, point to note is that Indian Government is trying to curb that menace. Its more of a crime issue than patenting and intellectual right issue, don't tell me you can't see that.

It is interesting how many people pointing to western powers and media get their checks cut in west. Just an observation.

The level of consistencies from these stories are a very good indicator of fear. They are fearful that their positiion is being challenged. Be it good or bad science has no boundaries, one will always elapse the other when they are too busy sitting around with hands in their pockets.

Just my two cents.

Don't you think that is double-standards?

And fake drugs are a thousand times more lethal than fake fans.

Lethal yes- but worlds pharmacy companies and the tech companies are still coming to India... you don't have PHARMA or tech bringing any emerging stuff to China because of your steal/copy/paste culture...on top of the fake goods...

Don't you think that is double-standards?

And fake drugs are a thousand times more lethal than fake fans.

Its not double standards, it two totally different issue. If he had mentioned about generic drugs and patent issues then yes, but what he is talking about is fake and spurious drugs. And unlike copied fans/technology, no Indian here is seen defending spurious drugs?

And once again patenting life saving drugs and patenting some consumer electronic technology aren't really the same thing. Not in my opinion anyways, cause you can live without a dyson fan but not without some medicine.

P.S: I have no issues with fake fans or ipads, cause am just a greedy consumer

the worlds pharmacy companies and the tech companies are coming to India... you don't have PHARMA or tech bringing any emerging stuff to China because of your steal/copy/paste culture...

Yeah right, DN, it will be as true as your open defecation culture.:D
One word for shameless troll like you: "handicap"

If Chinese cannot innovate, then what about Indians who have less education, less years of schooling, less literacy, more starvation and more poverty? Those are all factors against innovation.

how do you have companies send over executives with such horrible racists views in China?

Racism against black people may be the strongest form of racism in China.

Many families in China would be horrified if their son or daughter married a black person. Some would even disown them outright.

It can be difficult getting a job teaching English in China if you are black. This is because of the perception of many people in China that only white people are ‘true Americans’ or ‘true English’ people.

Sadly, it’s often easier to get a job teaching English in China as a white person from a country where English is not a native language than as a black person from a country where English is the only native language.

Many people in China think most black people play basketball and are violent.

Though racism in China is strongest against black people, there is a general relationship that determines how foreigners are seen by many people in China: The darker your skin, the more racism you will experience.
No matter where you grew up, if you are not white it will be tougher to get a job teaching English in China.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom