What's new

Chinese student killed in bombings had followed her passion to Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man she was beautiful !!!!
May God let her soul rest in peace :(

@Chinese-Dragon : I wonder what Chinese official reaction would be after the identification of terrorists , Protest like India or action like US ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Man she was beautiful !!!!
May God let her soul rest in peace :(

@Chinese-Dragon : I wonder what Chinese official reaction would be after the identification of terrorists , Protest like India or action like US ???

We don't go in like America if that is what you are asking.

A recent example would be the SE Asian Drug lord, Naw Kham and his associates, who killed several Chinese fishermen in SE Asia.

According to reports, there were contingency plans to use drones on him across the border.

But in the end, we went the diplomatic route and forced the SE Asian governments to extradite their own citizens to China. After which we executed them all.

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't go in like America if that is what you are asking.

A recent example would be the SE Asian Drug lord, Naw Kham and his associates, who killed several Chinese fishermen in SE Asia.

According to reports, there were contingency plans to use drones on him across the border.

But in the end, we went the diplomatic route and forced the SE Asian governments to extradite their own citizens to China. After which we executed them all.

I didn't mean a full scale attack.
From the pics of the suspects first one definatly look South Asian (more correctly Indian/Pakistani/BD ) and it will narrow down where they get supply and training
What would be a reaction on that.

Rest in Peace beautiful soul,

Terrorist's belongs to NO religion, BURN in HELL :angry:

I think you got information mixed up. She's a stats major. Her friend who's injured and still in a hospital bed is an actuarial major.

that is CNN's problem:
Who she was

Boston University identified her on Wednesday as Lingzi Lu, a graduate student in mathematics and statistics.

Check the report in the OP!

A combination of graduate studies in math and statistics is as good as acturial science.

These murderous terrorists who killed two young women and an 8-year old child are being hunted as we speak.

One of them has been shot down like a dog, and the next once will be caught alive, hopefully.

My condolences for the death of this beautiful lady. A life cut short, like 2 others, for no good reason, just because some sick deranged minds who got wrong ideas from other sick deranged people.

CNN did nothing wrong in reporting her identity. She is a statistics major student in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at BU. Master level statistics students generally do not take advanced mathematics courses such as measure theory or stochastic differential equations(that's what the stat PhDs should take), she probably only took courses in regression models and basic probability theory, and that should be sufficient for her level. And her possible career path would have nothing to do with being an actuary, she would be a statistical analyst. It is very easy for laymen to mix up the three majors.

Anyway, the most important thing here is that such a young beautiful talent with promising future was taken by such an evil act. I can't imagine how her parents and grandparents could cope with this tragedy.

that is CNN's problem:

Check the report in the OP!

A combination of graduate studies in math and statistics is as good as acturial science.

CNN did nothing wrong in reporting her identity. She is a statistics major student in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at BU. Master level statistics students generally do not take advanced mathematics courses such as measure theory or stochastic differential equations(that's what the stat PhDs should take), she probably only took courses in regression models and basic probability theory, and that should be sufficient for her level. And her possible career path would have nothing to do with being an actuary, she would be a statistical analyst. It is very easy for laymen to mix up the three majors.

nah that is not the case. you dont need a PhD to be an actuary working for an insurance company. There are professional exams through which people of her caliber can take up exams and be qualified as as professional actuary easily

laymen dont have this knowledge

I know how to become an actuary very well, but it is very interesting and confusing why you brought actuarial into discussion in the first place. there was no information regarding whether she was interested in it anyway. the only possible reason is that there is another injured Chinese girl who is majored in actuarial, and you mixed them up. In the states, very few statistics major students choose a different career other than statisticians.

anyway, I sense the air is getting tense between our discussion, and I can't be less interested in that, so end of discussion for me.

nah that is not the case. you dont need a PhD to be an actuary working for an insurance company. There are professional exams through which people of her caliber can take up exams and be qualified as as professional actuary easily

laymen dont have this knowledge

I know how to become an actuary very well, but it is very interesting and confusing why you brought actuarial into discussion in the first place. there was no information regarding whether she was interested in it anyway. the only possible reason is that there is another injured Chinese girl who is majored in actuarial, and you mixed them up. In the states, very few statistics major students choose a different career other than statisticians.

anyway, I sense the air is getting tense between our discussion, and I can't be less interested in that, so end of discussion for me.

both of us are making assumptions and there is nothing wrong for me assuming she will be following the path of an actuary and have a good future

I think your comments about the perequiste courses in statistics which said
“ Master level statistics students generally do not take advanced mathematics courses such as measure theory or stochastic differential equations(that's what the stat PhDs should take), she probably only took courses in regression models and basic probability theory, and that should be sufficient for her level. And her possible career path would have nothing to do with being an actuary, she would be a statistical analyst. It is very easy for laymen to mix up the three majors.”
did not take into consideration of the professional exam
which can get her there if she wants to

That is about it for my comments on her possible career take but she is gone now! Again condolensces to her family!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom