What's new

Chinese Stealth Fighter

Mikoyan Project 1.44

015-12-01.jpg

Chinese Stealth Engines 1

Saturn AL-41

The NPO Saturn AL-41F is a Russian variable-bypass ratio turbofan engine, designed for supercruise flight. It is considered by Jane's as the Russian counterpart to GE's YF-120 engine which lost to the more conventional fixed-bypass YF-119 in the ATF engine competition.

Design and development

The Al-41F program was launched in 1985, and the first protoype engine flew in a Tu-16 Badger testbed in 1990. Originally developed for the Mikoyan Project 1.44 the engine was built around the geometry of the AL-31F, making it compatible with existing airframes

J-13 & Al-41F Engine

A heavily-upgraded version of the Al-41F is being developed for the J-13.

AL-41F Engine Info: Saturn AL-41 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chinese Stealth Engines 2

The Pratt & Whitney PW1120 turbofan was a derivative of the F100 turbofan. Powered the IAI Lavi.

Development

The development of the PW1120, according to Israeli Air Force (IDF/AF) specifications, started in June 1980. It retained the F100 core module, gearbox, fuel pump, forward ducts, as well as the F100 digital electronic control, with only minor modifications. Unique PW1120 components included a wide chord low pressure (LP) compressor, single-stage uncooled low pressure (LP) turbine, simplified single stream augmentor, and a lightweight convergent/divergent nozzle.

Full scale testing was initiated in June 1982, and flight clearance of the PW1120 was tested in August 1984. The PW1120 had 70 percent similarity with the F100, so the IDF/AF would not need a special facility for spare parts. It would be built under licence by Bet-Shemesh Engines Limited in Israel.

Pratt & Whitney PW1120 Engine Info:Pratt & Whitney PW1120 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The General Electric YF120 was a variable cycle turbofan engine designed by GE Aircraft Engines in the late 1980s/early 1990's the Advanced Tactical Fighter (ATF) project.

Development

General Electric began developing the YF120 for the ATF competition in the early 1980s. GE elected against developing a conventional low bypass turbofan and instead chose to design a variable cycle engine.

This decision was made as a result of the challenging ATF requirement of supercruise. This meant the engine had to produce a large amount of dry thrust (without afterburner) and therefore have high off-design efficiency ("design" being standard cruise conditions).

General Electric YF120 Engine Info: General Electric YF120 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A heavily-upgraded version of PW1120 AND YF120 is being developed for the J-14

PW1120 Engine

IAFM_04_193.jpg

YF120 Engine

i-i09-09-057f136.jpg

Why are you flooding the thread with American and Russian fighters and engines, when the thread is about Chinese stealth fighter?

Chinese are going to use their own engines, avionics, missiles etc for their stealth fighter.

I agree that China would soon surpass that of Russia soon. But as for China surpass the US technology, unless you are 5 and live until 95, its most likely not going to happen.

I'm doing my part, don't know if I will be successful -- but each and every day I work on it, never giving up. Whether China will surpass the USA (and how soon) depends on actual hard-work, nothing less, nothing more. One person can make a massive difference. 1.4 billion people can make an bigger difference. 1.8 billion people (total world Chinese population) even bigger difference. 3.0 billion people (total 'Mongoloid' population) working together, an ever bigger difference. 4.5 billion people (total Asian population) an astronomical difference. 6.4 billion (total human population) an immense difference.

Now if all those people worked together, instead of pulling in separate directions --> mind-blowing! :azn:

Clearly you have never heard of the NNIIRT 1L119 Nebo SVU, NIIR Zhuk-AE or N001, also who buys equipment from who? How many times have the Chinese hired Russian engineers or requested that Russia transfer technology, and yes you heard right China has asked for tansfer of technology.

i know waht you mean and iam glad you mentioned N001. china replaced those equipped on the su-27 procured from Russia. there is no deny russia is ahead of china in most fields of military industry because of insane investment during cold war, but the gap is narrowing by leaps and bounds. Could you tell me how many another yrs you are going to rely on A50, while your neighbours are equipped with AESA AWACS. Apart from KJ2000 AWACS, China has also developed AESA for jet fighters. it is a open secret except that we don't know its designation. have a look at the antenna of J-10B, it is as clear as day.

Next time when accuse others of copying, don not forget the history of yrsef. what is Tu-4? isn't a copy of B-29? how did you build your industry from scratch? Yes, steal and copy. How many tech you stole from the US during lenin's new economy policy and America's great depression? the cars produced by GAZ are copies of American Ford. even trucks made by russia today keep the style of 1930's Chrysler. let me kindly remind you that Soviet Union did not have intellectual property protection law until 1989 and all IP protection laws are non-retro-spective, how comes china illegally copied Su-27?

Russia was supposed to fell the fate of Ottoman turkey in the early 20th century but disruptted by the presence of October Revolution. Now it resumes and it is just the beginning of the story. Russia is yesterday's news and please be satisfied selling raw materials, caviar, and whores. You got plenty of years to sell. but your days for military industry are counted

Last edited:
i know waht you mean and iam glad you mentioned N001. china replaced those equipped on the su-27 procured from Russia is to replace it. there is no deny russia is ahead of china in most fields of military industry because of insane investment during cold war, but the gap is narrowing by leaps and bounds. Could you tell me how many another yrs you are going to rely on A50, while your neighbours are equipped with AESA AWACS. Apart from KJ2000 AWACS, China has also developed AESA for jet fighters. it is a open secret except that we don't know its designation. have a look at the antenna of J-10B, it is as clear as day.

Next time when accuse others of copying, don not forget the history of yrsef. what is Tu-4? isn't a copy of B-29? how did you build your industry from scratch? Yes, steal and copy. How many tech you stole from the US during lenin's new economy policy and America's great depression? the cars produced by GAZ are copies of American Ford. even trucks made by russia today keep the style of 1930's Chrysler. let me kindly remind you that Soviet Union did have intellectual property protection law until 1989 and all IP protection laws are non-retro-spective, how comes china illegally copied Su-27?

Russia was supposed to fell the fate of Ottoman turkey in the early 20th century but disruptted by the presence of October Revolution. Now it resumes and it is just the beginning of the story. Russia is yesterday's news and please be satisfied selling raw materials, caviar, and whores. You got plenty of years to sell. but your days for military industry are counted

Now no need to get defensive when others are defensive. While what you say is true, the last part is should not be said. There will be even more FALSE negative things others will say to us as we improve ourselves. It is because they are frightened of losing their 'supremacy', and they are SABOTAGING to keep others down.

Don't let this bother you. I can tell you it is not easy -- it is true you have to work harder in Asia to survive and prosper than it is in America. However there is a major problem of racist discrimination (often 'subtle') levied against all non-whites in America. In all areas of politics, education, business, military, media, etc -- there is a 'glass ceiling'. And when you attempt to break this glass ceiling, they knock you down to the ground senseless!

That has happened countless times to me and all others. But unlike many others who lost hope, have broken morale, shattered self-esteem ---> I have never given up. I don't fear them. I'm not intimidated by them. I continue on. :angel: :china:

i know waht you mean and iam glad you mentioned N001. china replaced those equipped on the su-27 procured from Russia.

:rofl: you're thinking of the wrong radar pal, it's N001-N011M.

Before you boast about Chinese radars read this:

Russian radar design houses Phazotron and NIIP had worked closely in the past with the Chinese radar design bureaus and provided technical assistance as well as operational models of Russian-made radar sets that were used as benchmarks in the process of these Chinese firms developing their own design

KLJ-7 Radar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

there is no deny russia is ahead of china in most fields of military industry because of insane investment during cold war, but the gap is narrowing by leaps and bounds. Could you tell me how many another yrs you are going to rely on A50,

The A50's are receiving upgrades in the form of A50-M. Get a few things strait, in order for China to "catch up" Russia would have to suspend all of its work, that isn't gong o happen. If you think we have been doing nothing since 1991 you are badly mistaken, we have made or are in the process of making: KA-50, Pak-fa, stealth bomber, S-400, S-500, Topel-M, SU-34, SU-35, Mig-35, GLONASS, T-95, Zhuk AE, N011M, and a feet of ships and submarines, and this is what i can think of from the top of my head, hence there is more.

while your neighbours are equipped with AESA AWACS. Apart from KJ2000 AWACS, China has also developed AESA for jet fighters. it is a open secret except that we don't know its designation. have a look at the antenna of J-10B, it is as clear as day.

Now you can tell what type of radar the J-10 has by simply looking at it's atenna?

how comes china illegally copied Su-27?

I never mentioned the SU-27 but i would love an explanation regarding the breach of contract in regards to its avionics.

You have to be pretty pathetic to spew that garbage, it just shows who you really are.

Last edited:
:rofl: you're thinking of the wrong radar pal, it's N001-N011M.

Before you boast about Chinese radars read this:

KLJ-7 Radar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The A50's are receiving upgrades in the form of A50-M. Get a few things strait, in order for China to "catch up" Russia would have to suspend all of its work, that isn't gong o happen. If you think we have been doing nothing since 1991 you are badly mistaken, we have made or are in the process of making: KA-50, Pak-fa, stealth bomber, S-400, S-500, Topel-M, SU-34, SU-35, Mig-35, GLONASS, T-95, Zhuk AE, N011M, and a feet of ships and submarines, and this is what i can think of from the top of my head, hence there is more.

Now you can tell what type of radar the J-10 has by simply looking at it's atenna?

The specifications of T50 are much left to unknown, its stealth ability and propulsion are still in question. boast it till there is evidence at the point that it is not another variant of Su-27 family. Many of the toys you mentioned began before 1991 and were not in service until recent years, like S-400. S-500 and T-95 are still on paper. Su-34 and Su-35 are variant of Su-27. They primarily benefit from the technology stockpile during the cold war, which are rapidly running out. I am afraid that time won't stand by your side.

What is A50-M? is it a new camera of Canon?:cheesy: what amaze me the most is that a russian expert said that China's new digital camera KJ2000 is a copy of Russian film camera A-50.

As for J-10B radar part, forget it. only the tip of iceberg among numerous evidences. there are tons of report on china's AESA on internet, sources from military magazine, researcher of institutes involved, subtle agenda report from the websites of institute, etc. Since they can make a AESA radar for AWACS, it is possible to make one for fighters.

The specifications of T50 are much left to unknown, its stealth ability and propulsion are still in question.

I never mentioned anything about the T-50's capabilities. However, some people on this thread have already concluded the T-50 is inferior to the J-XX, but when i asked for a link people started calling me names and insulting my country.

boast it till there is evidence at the point that it is not another variant of Su-27 family. Many of the toys you mentioned began before 1991

KA-52 (1994) S-400 (1999) T-95 (1995) S-500 (1999-20xx?) SU-35BM (1998 first flight) NIIP aesa (recent) zhuk-ae (recent) pak-fa (2002)

and were not in service until recent years, like S-400. S-500 and T-95 are still on paper.

S-400 is in service and the T-95 could be introduced this year.

Su-34 and Su-35 are variant of Su-27. They primarily benefit from the technology stockpile during the cold war, which are rapidly running out. I am afraid that time won't stand by your side.

The SU-34 has very little in common with the SU-27, if your talking about looks than the SU-35 does share commonality with the SU-27 but even then it has slightly redesigned intakes and vertical stanbs, not to mention it's avionics are totally new and have nothing in common with with and SU-27.

I never mentioned anything about the T-50's capabilities. However, some people on this thread have already concluded the T-50 is inferior to the J-XX, but when i asked for a link people started calling me names and insulting my country.

Don't dramatize it, it is not the reason you got insulted.

KA-52 (1994) S-400 (1999) T-95 (1995) S-500 (1999-20xx?) SU-35BM (1998 first flight) NIIP aesa (recent) zhuk-ae (recent) pak-fa (2002)

S-400 is in service and the T-95 could be introduced this year.

S-400 were in service in 2007. S500 and T-95 are imaginary till now. T-95 is merely a concept tank. its Prototype might be made in years and it is decades ahead of induction, even if proved more than a joke. The current T-90 has already greatly behind the age.

These projects have been planned long before it really began

The SU-34 has very little in common with the SU-27, if your talking about looks than the SU-35 does share commonality with the SU-27 but even then it has slightly redesigned intakes and vertical stanbs, not to mention it's avionics are totally new and have nothing in common with with and SU-27.

Su-35 use upgraded avionics and transmission. The radar and mechnancial tranmission of original su27 are terrible. Other contemporary third gen jets such as F-15 and F16 have also go through changes from their original version to the degree nothing less than Su35 did. J11B also did that from Su-27. It is not a breakthrough of russian aviation but improved variant.

Let me put it straight, your yesterday achievement were made from the insane investment during cold war. in 1980, USSR's GDP was 70% of the US while the military expense was basically the same. how much money do you invest in military industry on the yearly basis since dissolution of Soviet Union? I afraid it won't be good looking compared with US and China.

there is no miracle in front of cold statistics. do you think you can make major breakthrough with tiny money like magic breaking out of tin air. you know the answer

Don't dramatize it, it is not the reason you got insulted.

S-400 were in service in 2007. S500 and T-95 are imaginary till now. T-95 is merely a concept tank. its Prototype might be made in years and it is decades ahead of induction, even if proved more than a joke. The current T-90 has already greatly behind the age.

These projects have been planned long before it really began

Su-35 use upgraded avionics and transmission. The radar and mechnancial tranmission of original su27 are terrible. Other contemporary third gen jets such as F-15 and F16 have also go through changes from their original version to the degree nothing less than Su35 did. J11B also did that from Su-27. It is not a breakthrough of russian aviation but improved variant.

Let me put it straight, your yesterday achievement were made from the insane investment during cold war. in 1980, USSR's GDP was 70% of the US while the military expense was basically the same. how much money do you invest in military industry on the yearly basis since dissolution of Soviet Union? I afraid it won't be good looking compared with US and China.

there is no miracle in front of cold statistics. do you think you can make major breakthrough with tiny money like magic breaking out of tin air. you know the answer

Dont use vague statements.... give proof and stats.....the reality is propaganda is not gonna work.... What the others have learnt in DECADES Chinese are not gonna have in few years....

Also
your GDP is just 30% oF US GDP....so no where you are at the level where Russians were for years...

secondly it is about tradition....a child who is always looking at some copy to cheat and do questions, is always going to do that only.....
he cant beat the one who solve the questions himself....

just to give you a fact...THE subs which you will have in 2015-2020 will be thirty years behind the subs from Russia at that point of time....hows that for a fact....

Last edited:
I agree that China would soon surpass that of Russia soon. But as for China surpass the US technology, unless you are 5 and live until 95, its most likely not going to happen.

:no: See, some recent historical events may help refresh your blurring judgement:

Japan's war plane techs led the US during most part of WWII;

the US tech made its name mainly during the Cold War and notablely 80s; ( note: large part of US tech haven't been made by the whites, but by brains from overall the world, notablely Chinese immigrants; just go to any big name lab in the US uni camps and start counting! )

Japan was deemed as tech basket case during 50s; it took it 30yrs to claim technological supremacy over the US; Japan in 80s , to a very large extent even today, led the US in almost any high tech field you could count except maybe aerospace& millitary which have been restricted by the US;

China is technically the same as Japan ethnicly - almost the highest average IQ in the world; but with probably 10X its population albeit with much later start of industrialisation;

After the delay due to the civil war and destruction of communism, how long will it take for China to lead, or draw even with, the US technologically? "95 years" ? HA HA HA. :lol: you are day dreaming.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom