What's new

Chinese professor calls Pakistan not a good country, especially anything with f*cking 'stan' in name

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reality is that a lot of Pakistanis hate China, but they never say it. They are just waiting for a suitable moment to tell the truth in their thoughts.

I think this thread is very good, because it makes many Pakistanis express their true thoughts about China, which they always hide and avoid mentioning.

No one is cricterizing china or call china a f*china like your professor do,China helped Pakistan on different occasion that we admit but that wasn't for free.Everyone on PDF has freedom to express and share their opinion,thought and experiences.

The reality is that a lot of Pakistanis hate China, but they never say it. They are just waiting for a suitable moment to tell the truth in their thoughts.

I think this thread is very good, because it makes many Pakistanis express their true thoughts about China, which they always hide and avoid mentioning.
I do not recall meeting any fellow Pakistani who [hated] China. At most, there would be an opinion about the quality of Chinese goods and critic of Chinese politics, but nothing significant. There are some who call for greater transparency in dealings between Pakistan and China, but nothing significant again.

Pakistani look at Chinese in a positive way in general. Even on PDF, Chinese are given more benefit of doubt than others on average.

I would give the Chinese professor [in spotlight] the benefit of doubt as well. I respect Freedom of Speech of all in person even when the feedback is not to my liking.

Wrong translation. What's the point if the translation is wrong? @waz, are you fluent in Chinese?

Can you lay out the translation please in mandarin and English. He also does mention Pakistan and that is clear.

The relationship between Pakistan and China is very good. Most Chinese people love Pakistan, and the opposite is also true. The relationship between the two nations should not be affected because of the views of some individuals.

Usually they have a very strong vetting process for these posts. I think this is either lost in translation or a case of one man going too far in making a point.

Either way more is expected from China with respect to helping the neighbors fight off poverty and exploitation.

Of course.....Do carry out this experiment anywhere else in the world and see how it turns out, even Taiwan, Hong-Kong, Singapore etc.
Millions of Chinese have seen this video and it was put up on the biggest social forums within China. You couldn't be so wrong.

Does “stan” mean country?

Pakistan should try to escape chinese strangulation. Why not increase activity with Asean? We are the good boys.

ASEAN is fantastic and Pakistan has warm ties with all states in there. Fellow Asian states.

As I knows Chinese a little bit and had busines opportunity with them,they are extreme greedy and only understand how to make a money,once the job done they would ignore you like you never met them.
Moral Chinese can't be your friend they only look into personal interest and that's all matter to them.

That’s not true. Greedy is the nature of all human beings, westerners are way much greedy than I thought, they are a bunch of hypocritical people.

Speaking of your Chinese business partner, unless they cheat you by fraud, fake contracts or do anything else unfaithful to grab interest illegally, it's totally fine.

Also you know there is a problem called cultural barrier or estrangement.Still you can't make friends with everyone you met, which you should know since you do business.

Nobody should be allowed to peddle and incite hate towards any one - most notably people with societal stature
He is one of many shallow folks who don't see the implication and repercussion or maybe they simply dont care as they might have agendas.

This is the main reason why i don't believe in free speech but in.......................responsible free speech

Chinese insults themselves.

Below Lu Xun is the most celebrated writer.

Chinese cheers when he wrote bad about Chinese.

Introspection is just Chinese culture.

Hence Chinese also find no guilt in inferring other tribes.

LuXun1930.jpg

That’s not true. Greedy is the nature of all human beings, westerners are way much greedy than I thought, they are a bunch of hypocritical people.

Speaking of your Chinese business partner, unless they cheat you by fraud, fake contracts or do anything else unfaithful to grab interest illegally, it's totally fine.

Also you know there is a problem called cultural barrier or estrangement.Still you can't make friends with everyone you met, which you should know since you do business.

You're right. On the PDF, a member of Bangladesh attacked and insulted China for the reason that Chinese companies in Bangladesh did not allow Bangladeshi workers to pray during working hours.

The main purpose of the company is to make a profit. If religion and work conflict, then negotiate in the first place to avoid conflict. If the two sides can't find a solution, don't go to work at that company. And Bangladeshi people choose to work, receive money, and insult Chinese companies for not respecting their religion. They constantly blame Chinese companies for being greedy and selfish. This is a kind of weird logic.

Well folks I am still very fond of China and its relationship with Pakistan. But today I came across this video.

Yes it's from Werleman and he does criticise China a lot, but the content is quite clear. The professor is leading a lecture and Q & A about the situation in Zinjiang. He comes to the topic of Muslim nations and begins to list them from 0.28 onwards. He names Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Pakistan. He then proceeds to say that anything with "f*cking stan' is no good, including beloved brother country Pakistan.

Now if these were the view of a ordinary individual I wouldn't be concerned but this man is a doctoral supervisor at Zhejiang University, attached to the department of engineering and has influence. .

Please see here;

https://person.zju.edu.cn/en/zhengqiang

info

He's influential and has such views, which he then propagates to his audience. I hope our Chinese members can put this man right, and I worry just how wide spread such a view like this, especially when you take into account his status.
My dear brother the world is full of intellectuals who do all kind of heinous acts. They may have a doctorate or even a professorship. Doest make them intelligent.
China is not full of Angel's. It has more than it's fair share of stupid ignorant people. This professor is just one

Last edited by a moderator:
He can has his own opinion.
But it's not right to say such words in class, as a teacher/professor, he should mind his words and show respects to other countries. Especially to our Allies and neibours.

If this video spreads wildly, I'm almost certain this guy will receive warning from the uni if he hasn't received yet:coffee:

Chinese-Pakistan ties are of mutual interests and goals, I don't think they are compatible in any way.

If any prominent Indonesian is saying he is in favor of ethnically cleansing Papuan just like this Chinese professor said publicly about Uigyur (if true), he will surely be jailed for at least 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom