What's new

Pakistan Economy "Not in a Good Place"? Atif Mian's Gloom Justified?

We war criminals and billionaire thieves roam free in US with impunity, it's not the corruption that's the issue. America is plagued with corruption at all levels, however their corruption is incidental to their primary goal of furthering American interests home and abroad and if the politicians and businessmen can enrich themselves in the process, all the better.

In Pakistan's case, it's to actively seeking to harm/damage Pakistan's interests as agents of foreign powers and economic hitmen as well as getting rich while doing so.

Also, on the topic of Atif Mian, his doom and gloom is perfectly in line with the Rabwah cultists portraying Pakistan in a negative light.
Dont know which america or europe are you talking about

I guess i have to add "calling corruption as okay" to list of pakistani problems

The biggest proponet of these ideals of corruption is aristotle ihsan iqbal and biggest supporters are half of nation under
"کھاتا ہے تو لگاتا بے ہے "

Guess enjoy the fruits of it

--
No pakistan is not in gloom or doom
We are ahead of japan(in 1950), korea(1980), china(1990), india(2000), vietnam(2000) and now bengladesh(2010)

Jeez wont be surprised if most african countries race ahead of us

Show me one xample where a convicted criminal cases are brushed under the carpet and he is elected as PM

In any of the countries you mention

Please enlight me when a money launderer is asked to come and deliver speeches to young students in universities(ayyan ali)

Show me an example where a encounter killing master mind walks free(roa anwar)

You are confused between hidden corruption and "corruption per hamara be haq hey" attitude

No, you are confused by your lack of knowledge.

Please, I say with respect, but please learn to have a discussion before you start one. It is extremely ridiculous to tag individual examples to represent a bigger argument, you try and create a complete argument and then use examples to highlight your point, Not the other way around.

Like for like examples very rarely exists, because cases are different, there will always be a difference, so it is silly to base your entire argument purely by following individual examples, it is childish and hollow.

Just like there is only one ziaulsialm, because you are unique, you can find someone similar but not the same, similarly when you based an entire argument of a vast topic on silly individual examples, you lower the quality of the discussion. It moronic.

You simply do not know what you are talking about, I can give you many examples
in politics,
in business,
in public service,
in military
and so on......

But to ask for like for like examples is extremely foolish, it shows you do not understand anything about a topic, if you are serious please ask again and I will give you plenty of examples under any of those categories or any category you wish.

But you cannot base this or any other discussion purely just on examples, there are facts that exist in the world regarding every topic, including corruption, you cannot brush them under the carpet just by highlighting individual examples.
And, please do not lower the quality of a discussion with such childish requests.

No, you are confused by your lack of knowledge.

Please, I say with respect, but please learn to have a discussion before you start one. It is extremely ridiculous to tag individual examples to represent a bigger argument, you try and create a complete argument and then use examples to highlight your point, Not the other way around.

Like for like examples very rarely exists, because cases are different, there will always be a difference, so it is silly to base your entire argument purely by following individual examples, it is childish and hollow.

Just like there is only one ziaulsialm, because you are unique, you can find someone similar but not the same, similarly when you based an entire argument of a vast topic on silly individual examples, you lower the quality of the discussion. It moronic.

You simply do not know what you are talking about, I can give you many examples
in politics,
in business,
in public service,
in military
and so on......

But to ask for like for like examples is extremely foolish, it shows you do not understand anything about a topic, if you are serious please ask again and I will give you plenty of examples under any of those categories or any category you wish.

But you cannot base this or any other discussion purely just on examples, there are facts that exist in the world regarding every topic, including corruption, you cannot brush them under the carpet just by highlighting individual examples.
And, please do not lower the quality of a discussion with such childish requests.
Got it..
Pakistan problem isnt corruption
Agree sir

The govt had planned for re-basing exercise last year. atleast on paper.

"The government has decided for moving ahead with rebasing of national accounts in order to balloon up the overall GDP growth figures for the current fiscal year 2021-22.

Through the re-basing exercise, the base year will be changed from the fiscal year 2005-6 to 2015-16 with an aim to capture data of various sectors of the national economy on a full-scale basis. It is also a fact that it will give only a good feel factor for the incumbent regime by displaying only jacked-up GDP growth figures."

reference:

Screenshot_20211108-082553_Google.jpg

Let's just take it easy - Atif Mian is just another douche.

Pakistan revises up 2020-21 GDP to 5.37% - minister​

ISLAMABAD, Jan 20 (Reuters) - Pakistan has revised up its economic growth rate for 2020-21 to 5.37% from 3.9%, the minister for planning and development said on Thursday.

"The growth in 2020-21 was 5.37%," minister Asad Umar said in a tweet, adding that the National Accounts Committee (NAC), a government body that reviews the economic indicators,had approved the revised estimate of GDP growth.

This is the second time the GDP rate for 2020-21 has been revised, from an initial 2.3% set in the 2020 annual budget then later to 3.9%.

Let's just take it easy - Atif Mian is just another douche.

Pakistan revises up 2020-21 GDP to 5.37% - minister​

ISLAMABAD, Jan 20 (Reuters) - Pakistan has revised up its economic growth rate for 2020-21 to 5.37% from 3.9%, the minister for planning and development said on Thursday.

"The growth in 2020-21 was 5.37%," minister Asad Umar said in a tweet, adding that the National Accounts Committee (NAC), a government body that reviews the economic indicators,had approved the revised estimate of GDP growth.

This is the second time the GDP rate for 2020-21 has been revised, from an initial 2.3% set in the 2020 annual budget then later to 3.9%.
GDP growth at this rate bcomes unsustainable ..why?
Because of very low savings, investment and taxations..

These are strutural problems that havent been fixed..simply because of political pressure

Lack of enough revenues means we still cant educate 100% of our young generation
Cant invest enough to provide jobs to all new workforce

Things are not good ..not unless massively unpopular decision of retail taxation is accomplished

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom