What's new

Chinese professor calls Pakistan not a good country, especially anything with f*cking 'stan' in name

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you do not speak for all of Pakistanis either.

I only speak for what I think are the best interests of Pakistan. China has been our closest and most reliable ally. I feel bad for Uyghurs but Pakistan is not the sole spokesperson for the Muslim world. Let somebody else speak up for them this time.

OP is probably some Indian stirring up trouble by posting this. Or some leftist liberal. We Pakistanis know this Chinese doesn't speak for all Chinese.
You think atheists Chinese have any sympathy for Islam/Muslims let alone religion?

A sample size of one person out of 1.4 Billion people. Statistically you will be doing a scientific crime if you assume his opinion as the opinion of a country or a Nation.

And we do not need to learn the value of China for Paksitan and Pakstians' value for China from a video. Don't diminish your value to this limit where a random video becomes your "litmus test" to judge if you are valuable to a friend.

Last edited:
The propaganda by nationalist populists against Muslims notwithstanding, Muslim get to ask themselves an important question: what are we doing that makes us so susceptible to populsit criticism?Although much of the propaganda against Muslims is exaggerated, there are some major deficiencies in Islamic culture that are rightly criticised - namely the resistance to reforming their worldview to include rationalism and also to pluralism which, had it been present, would have represented all minority communities even in the topmost positions of government.

We all know of the two recent examples that expose both these deficiencies: our utter failure to design and mass produce virus testing assays and initiate vaccination research, which shows the complete absence of a working scientific community in the country that would have been present had we a culture that privileged inquiry and rationalism, and the incident of refusing to include a marginalised minority in the National Commission for Minorities.

Some self-reflection too would not go amiss.

Last edited:

Of course.....Do carry out this experiment anywhere else in the world and see how it turns out, even Taiwan, Hong-Kong, Singapore etc.
Millions of Chinese have seen this video and it was put up on the biggest social forums within China. You couldn't be so wrong.

ASEAN is fantastic and Pakistan has warm ties with all states in there. Fellow Asian states.
Pakistani are warm hearted people most are very ok. They are very straight forward. Working with Pakistani is much more fun than with Germans. Interesting experiment in the video. Seriously if any chinese asks me to lend money I wound ask him or her to ask Xi Jingping. Xi has one trillion USD.

A sample size of one person out of 1.4 Billion people. Statistically you will be doing a scientific crime if you assume his opinion as the opinion of a country or a Nation.

His opinion about Uigyur is really retarded and dangerous. if Chinese government doesnt put him into jail because of this speech, there will be something not right about the leadership policy toward Uigyur.

You think atheists Chinese have any sympathy for Islam/Muslims let alone religion?

Rassi jal gayi par bal nahi gaye. You still can't stop toeing the Indian narrative and pleasing your overlords can you?

Well well now somebody calls you an indian

Last edited by a moderator:
Well said, could you imagine this was at a Pakistani institution with a professor calling China "f*cking" and being clapped till the cows came home.

I am actually not familiar with him. He did use the term "他妈的“,which is a pretty mild curse word similar to damn/darn in English. It's far less intense than "fucking". Depening on the context the term may even be used to refer to a friend. As for the broad Sino-Pakistan relations the Chinese public has a very positive attitude.

Well folks I am still very fond of China and its relationship with Pakistan. But today I came across this video.

Yes it's from Werleman and he does criticise China a lot, but the content is quite clear. The professor is leading a lecture and Q & A about the situation in Zinjiang. He comes to the topic of Muslim nations and begins to list them from 0.28 onwards. He names Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Pakistan. He then proceeds to say that anything with "f*cking stan' is no good, including beloved brother country Pakistan.

Now if these were the view of a ordinary individual I wouldn't be concerned but this man is a doctoral supervisor at Zhejiang University, attached to the department of engineering and has influence. .

Please see here;

https://person.zju.edu.cn/en/zhengqiang

info

He's influential and has such views, which he then propagates to his audience. I hope our Chinese members can put this man right, and I worry just how wide spread such a view like this, especially when you take into account his status.

why spread hate among people when they are trying to get along well? such fools must be bought to justice immediately.
did anyone saw official statement from chinese government on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom