What's new

Chinese police seize more than 20,000kg of fake beef, sold in Muslim region

Roybot

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
fake-beef.jpg

Police have confiscated more than 20,000kg of "beef" from a factory in northwest China's Shaanxi province.

The fake beef was found to be actually made from pork, which had been treated with chemicals such as paraffin wax and industrial salts to make it look like beef.

According to a report in Taiwan's Want China Times, the factory produced and sold between 1,500 to 2,000kg to local markets. It quoted police as saying the factory processed the pork at night and sold it as beef for between 25 and 33 yuan (between S$5.10 and S$6.70) per kilogram the next day.

Six other workshops were found to be producing the fake beef, and police have seized their meat as evidence. News of this discovery is particularly notable given the fact that Xi'an, the capital of Shaanxi, has a large Muslim community, and some may have fallen victim to purchasing evidently non-Halal food.

This also isn't the first time tainted meat has been found to be sold in China. In May, Medical Daily reported that 904 people were arrested for "meat-related offences" in the first part of this year.In the course of these arrests, more than 22 fake or inferior meat products were seized which had E. coli levels that "seriously exceeded standards", according to China's public security ministry.

The arrests included a ring of meat crooks who made more than 10 million yuan (S$2.04 million) from passing off rat, fox and mink meat as mutton, after treating it with gelatin, carmine and nitrate. The "mutton" was then sold in Jiangsu and Shanghai farmers' markets.

Muslim countries which import Beef and other meat products from China should be extremely careful, for all you know these people are feeding you pork in the name in beef.

Chinese police seize more than 20,000kg of fake beef

At-least food items must be spared from replicas :angry: BTW what is punishment for this as per Chinese Laws???

Vegan - Do I look like a goat ? :pissed:

Meat is heavenly & the risk is worth taking ! :D

I salute and stand by your convictions with reservation like control your urges if you are ever in India, worry not if you never intent to be there !!

Beef Rendang ingredients

Ingredients:

1 1/2 pound boneless Pork short ribs (cut into cubes)
50 grams paraffin wax
2 spoons industrial salts
5 tablespoons cooking oil
1 cinnamon stick (about 2-inch long)
3 cloves
3 star anise
3 cardamom pods
1 lemongrass (cut into 4-inch length and pounded)
1 cup thick coconut milk
1 cup water
2 teaspoons tamarind pulp (soaked in some warm water for the juice and discard the seeds )
6 kaffir lime leaves (very finely sliced)
6 tablespoons kerisik (toasted coconut)
1 tablespoon sugar/palm sugar or to taste
Salt to taste

At-least food items must be spared from replicas :angry: BTW what is punishment for this as per Chinese Laws???

I think we should stand @Chinese-Dragon in front of a firing squad for this ! :angry:

In fact that would be a bit too merciful ! :whistle:

So why not instead incarcerate him in a Shaolin Monk's Academy where in addition to bone crunching training he has to build his nerves up by being tied to a wooden plank every day while Monks tickle his toes & every other ticklish part of his body with a freshly plucked feather for hours at a stretch ! :smokin:

Last edited by a moderator:

Pork being labeled as beef to be sold to Muslims will cause trouble and grief. If true, the Chinese authorities need to sort it out pronto.

I salute and stand by your convictions with reservation like control your urges if you are ever in India, worry not if you never intent to be there !!

Dude I don't think I'd ever be able to eat anything in India ! I ate at some of their Indian Restaurants in Singapore - Their cuisine & our cuisine are very much the same in terms of their names but worlds apart in terms of their taste...I felt like scrapping my tongue afterwards...that how bland it was ! :bad:

I think we should stand @Chinese-Dragon in front of a firing squad for this ! :angry:

In fact that would be a bit too merciful ! :whistle:

So why not instead incarcerate him in a Shaolin Monk's Academy where in addition to bone crunching training he has to build his nerves up by being tied to a wooden plank every day while Monks tickle his toes & every other ticklish part of his body with a freshly plucked feather for hours at a stretch ! :smokin:

Who knows he himself is replica, original is someone else :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom