What's new

Which countries eat the most meat?

they grow what they need ....
they have green houses...in their nation......:agree: Hmm yes ..u need to compare apples with apples nohh...
If u are comparing processed vegges then u need to consider processed meat...
and u are taking butcher shop then local vegetable seller......:)
Not all nations produce all veges...most Indian and Pakistani shops are the only places in most EU and UK cities where you get Indian and Pakistani veges....mostly imported and to import you need to process

most meat eating nation do import......
and by this stand vegetables require very less effort then meat slaughtering...
Most dont...If they import the cattle itself and slaughter on their land... so no need to process slaughter and send to butchers!

once rice grain is separated from its stem then it is taken to the mill to remove the husk....which requires no water.....
even in removing the rice grain from plant no water is required .....but just a process called threshing .....the plant id fed in the machine and grains are separated and then at husk removing plant ..husks are removed due to internal friction between the grains and the friction plates.....thats all....no water.....

then only water is required in cooking.....and that is not much too.....
:rofl: I know about dehusking I did that...But I am talking about large scale...and I am talking leafy vege ...but yes you brought in rice so I talked about processing rice...you dont eat brown rice...

Not all nations produce all veges...most Indian and Pakistani shops are the only places in most EU and UK cities where you get Indian and Pakistani veges....mostly imported and to import you need to process
okk...
even If I agree with u ...on importing or veges....and u say they are processed ...it require very less water as compared to processing of meat.....
most meat sold in western countries is processed and packaged.....

Most dont...If they import the cattle itself and slaughter on their land... so no need to process slaughter and send to butchers!
okk....may be....
do we sell the cows or the beef.....:undecided:

I know about dehusking I did that...But I am talking about large scale...and I am talking leafy vege ...but yes you brought in rice so I talked about processing rice...you dont eat brown rice...
lol...okk....
see there are two type of rice processing ....
white rice and brown rice...
white rice is the polished rice....after removing husk.....where as brown rice is simple rice which is unpolished....
brown rice is more healthy and and add to ur daily roughage requirement......thats all...brown rice do not need extra water...

see rice is a grain which require max. water ..all other veges or cereal require less water than rice...so I too this example...
look.....

Food item Unit Global average water footprint (litres)
Apple or pear 1 kg 700
Banana 1 kg 860
Beef 1 kg----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 15,500
Beer (from barley) 1 glass of 250 ml 75
Bread (from wheat) 1 kg 1,300
Cabbage 1 kg 200
Cheese 1 kg 5,000
Chicken 1 kg 3,900
Chocolate 1 kg -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------24,000
Coffee 1 cup of 125 ml 140
Cucumber or pumpkin 1 kg 240
Dates 1 kg 3,000
Groundnuts (in shell) 1 kg 3,100
Lettuce 1 kg 130
Maize 1 kg 900
Mango
1 kg 1,600
Milk 1 glass of 250 ml 250
Olives 1 kg 4,400
Orange 1 kg 460
Peach or nectarine
1 kg 1,200
Pork 1 kg --------------------------------------------------------------4,800
Potato 1 kg 250
Rice 1 kg 3,400
Sugar (from sugar cane) 1 kg 1,500
Tea 1 cup of 250 ml 30
Tomato 1 kg 180
Wine 1 glass of 125 ml 120

okk...
even If I agree with u ...on importing or veges....and u say they are processed ...it require very less water as compared to processing of meat.....
most meat sold in western countries is processed and packaged.....
Nope...

okk....may be....
do we sell the cows or the beef.....:undecided:
Mostly cows....because western people have their own laws of slaughtering!
lol...okk....
see there are two type of rice processing ....
white rice and brown rice...
white rice is the polished rice....after removing husk.....where as brown rice is simple rice which is unpolished....
brown rice is more healthy and and add to ur daily roughage requirement......thats all...brown rice do not need extra water...

see rice is a grain which require max. water ..all other veges or cereal require less water than rice...so I too this example...
Yes rice requires alot of water...other grains are not that popular to talk about :D

Nope...

Mostly cows....because western people have their own laws of slaughtering!
Yes rice requires alot of water...other grains are not that popular to talk about :D
hmm...
okay....so I think U agree with me ...on this now ....being veg saves a lot of water....:D:D

so, we have nothing more to discuss ..I guess....on this topic....:)

hmm...
okay....so I think U agree with me ...on this now ....being veg saves a lot of water....:D:D

so, we have nothing more to discuss ..I guess....on this topic....:)
I am not agreeing because it doesnt here in the West...in fact veges are expensive too ...not all of course...but a vege meal at the restaurant costs few euros less (say 1-2 euros less) than meat...in fact even the meat will have some vege in it...

I am not agreeing because it doesnt here in the West...in fact veges are expensive too ...not all of course...but a vege meal at the restaurant costs few euros less (say 1-2 euros less) than meat...in fact even the meat will have some vege in it...
why not...I gave u enough logic and evidence....:(

why not in west ...veg will save water everywhere unless u are consuming a game .... all the breeder animal which are grown for meat uses the resource .....
and yes cost wise also it is cheap.....2 euros,.....its 150Rs.....thats big amount in india....
and yes veges won't have meat thats true.....

why not...I gave u enough logic and evidence....:(

why not in west ...veg will save water everywhere unless u are consuming a game .... all the breeder animal which are grown for meat uses the resource .....
and yes cost wise also it is cheap.....2 euros,.....its 150Rs.....thats big amount in india....
and yes veges won't have meat thats true.....
If you are going to convert everything to your local currency than you cant survive in West....Veges are not even filling! only thing cheap is lentils! :rofl:

If you are going to convert everything to your local currency than you cant survive in West....Veges are not even filling! only thing cheap is lentils! :rofl:
yes I know.......I am not a rich person.....
I have my limits in finances so, I need to see everything in my local currency......:(

veges are fillings only for those who eat meat .......for me they are the best I can have.....and yes I eat lentils too....:partay::partay:

In Pakistan chicken mean is consumed much more than Mutton and now even Beef since the latter are expensive compared to chicken
it is almost the same in India(atleast in Kerala). Chicken and Beef consumption are almost equal, I guess. Pricewise, Mutton>Pork>Beef>Chicken. alternate options are Quail, duck(broiler,desi), Turkey, Emu et al. I wonder how much beef or chicken costs in Pakistan compared to India.

Last edited:
In Pakistan chicken mean is consumed much more than Mutton and now even Beef since the latter are expensive compared to chicken

That's a good thing. Chicken is healthier than red meat. I have cut down my red meat consumption on purpose.

yes I know.......I am not a rich person.....
I have my limits in finances so, I need to see everything in my local currency......:(

veges are fillings only for those who eat meat .......for me they are the best I can have.....and yes I eat lentils too....:partay::partay:
Lentils are filling....vege dont make me full ....I like lentils coz they are easy to cook :D

I am not rich but since my scholarship is in euros I see everything in Euros but still a student salary so aint that rich but dont convert the currencies for my own health!

manti just this is what came to my mind...one of the reasons of low meat consumption in Pak these days...the prices.....and not the otherwise! not everyone is lucky like us!

That is true...as i also mentioned earlier in my post that poverty could also be the reason of less meat consumption of Pakistanis. In fact poverty is also the reason of many ills in Pakistani society.

the cost of meat has roughly doubled to tripled in the past 5 years -- protein powder actually cost far less in terms of cost effective protein intake.... which wasnt the case 7years back

Brotien brah.

Lentils are filling....vege dont make me full ....I like lentils coz they are easy to cook :D

I am not rich but since my scholarship is in euros I see everything in Euros but still a student salary so aint that rich but dont convert the currencies for my own health!

Lentils make me gassy :D

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom