What's new

Chinese police seize more than 20,000kg of fake beef, sold in Muslim region

Beef Rendang ingredients

Ingredients:

1 1/2 pound boneless Pork short ribs (cut into cubes)
50 grams paraffin wax
2 spoons industrial salts
5 tablespoons cooking oil
1 cinnamon stick (about 2-inch long)
3 cloves
3 star anise
3 cardamom pods
1 lemongrass (cut into 4-inch length and pounded)
1 cup thick coconut milk
1 cup water
2 teaspoons tamarind pulp (soaked in some warm water for the juice and discard the seeds )
6 kaffir lime leaves (very finely sliced)
6 tablespoons kerisik (toasted coconut)
1 tablespoon sugar/palm sugar or to taste
Salt to taste

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...ke-beef-sold-muslim-region.html#ixzz2fXHNUIcn

LOLL; Now that is the product of some really intense Industrial & Scientific Research in China!!

Wonder what a similar "recipe" for a Chateaubriand Beef Steak will be? :astagh:

Vegan - Do I look like a goat ? :pissed:

Meat is heavenly & the risk is worth taking ! :D

Sorry! ;)

Vegan is no fun, I can't imagine a world without beef.

I am a connoisseur of fine quality beef even though I rarely eat beef, but when I do I go overboard :D

I agree but these days people are labeling horse and pig meat with beef.Some of them even have the audacity to label is kosher.
Rumor has it some japanese dude is using human waste to make steaks,Can't trust anyone these days.

Dude I don't think I'd ever be able to eat anything in India ! I ate at some of their Indian Restaurants in Singapore - Their cuisine & our cuisine are very much the same in terms of their names but worlds apart in terms of their taste...I felt like scrapping my tongue afterwards...that how bland it was ! :bad:

I tried Hydrabadi Biriyani in an Indian restaurnt in Atlanta, GA back in 2002. I didn't get the taste at all. I thought the basic tenets of Biriyani simply weren't present.

I am not putting down Indian Biriyani, I just didn't get it.

China hopes to broaden halal food exports

Halal credentials of Chinese products is highly dubious. Selling pork disguised as beef, that too in a Muslim region, is pretty insensitive.

Your intention is highly dubious too. You really care so much for Muslims? Or are you more interested to bash China. At least Chinese authority clamp down hard on these unethical businessmen. If this was in India, police wouldn't have done jack shyt. No one would have been caught. Yeah, we all know how corrupted India is.

Unethical business are everywhere, even in Europe. The horse meat scandal(sold as beef) was bigger than this Chinese one.
ALEX RENTON: The real horsemeat scandal is that our greedy, ruthless supermarkets have got off scot-free | Mail Online

Back
Top Bottom