What's new

Chinese people should look at the rise of Kpop and korean drama more positively

A great power can only be the most dominant cultural power. Culture is the biggest way to earn respect, admiration and followership

China was the dominant culture in East Asia before, and people automatically took China's lead in that part of the world. Similarly for India, who was dominant in South Asia.

Consider US. It is by far the largest cultural exporter. This makes people comfortable with your power and a natural leader, a reason US has so many allies, and so many countries are more than willing to take US lead.

Just to be frank, on a per capita basis, Korea and Japan are way ahead of China in sports.

Sure that's why everybody wanted to join AIIB despite US telling them not to. To be frank nobody looks at per capita basis when talking about sports. These two countries at least get some medals unlike your shitty country with > 1 bln people and still rank as one of the lowest in the Olympic event.

these are not soft power.
when I was in France, I was using location-based social network App badoo, line or wechat
some french girls added me as friend coz they see my Asian face
and the first sentence they sent to me is: are you korean?
at first I replied Chinese, then they don't respond any more
and then I tried Taiwanese or Japanese, still the same
once I say I'm Korean, they begin to talk more.

this is soft power.
a strong army or olympic medal is not soft power

you are the typical beta male. Get some fuckin balls.

So those countries punch far above their weight.

With a larger population you get a larger pool to choose from, and more funds.

Size does matter.

And korea is far better in sports than China.

no, you get more funds from a bigger GDP.

proof?

when I was in France, I was using location-based social network App badoo, line or wechat

this is soft power.

Chinese soft power comes in when people all over the world rush to eat Chinese food.

this is soft power.

If you like those weirdo culture from South Korea and Japan, then keep it for yourself, but don't enforce your own view on other people.

Are you going to compel that most Chinese men should act and behave like those girly men from the K-pop?

Sure that's why everybody wanted to join AIIB despite US telling them not to. To be frank nobody looks at per capita basis when talking about sports. These two countries at least get some medals unlike your shitty country with > 1 bln people and still rank as one of the lowest in the Olympic event.

Absolutely we are shitty in sports. And I am not talking about India. India is just very very weak in sports. No arguments.

Also, AIIB was a good achievement for China, but China is paying actual money by monetary benefits to other nations. People just chose money over US pressure, and decided to sustain an open atmosphere.

I'm wondering why you guys ignore the strength of soft power.

Well, we will let the world to recognize that the Chinese men are represented by the alpha males like Liu Xiang and Sun Yang, not those girly men from the K-pop.

you are the typical beta male. Get some fuckin balls.

no, you get more funds from a bigger GDP.

proof?

If you have not seen, then so called alpha males don't necessarily win.

West led by the US won the cold war, when Soviets always tried to display themselves as alpha. But ultimately Soviet Union crumbled from within. That is the power of culture.

The whole East Europe absolutely adores US, and hates Russia, that's called soft power.

If you like those weirdo culture from South Korea and Japan, then keep it for yourself, but don't enforce your own view on other people.

Are you going to compel that most Chinese men should act and behave like those girly men from the K-pop?

Kpop is not girly, Jpop is girly
I don't like Kpop, but the world like it
check how many Chinese variety shows, reality shows are from Korea
check how many Korean celebrities are earning big money in China and all over the world.

I'm wondering why you guys ignore the strength of soft power.

Because of their mentality.

These people are all too right wingers.

Right wingers in their own over confidence and disregard for many things, make horrible mistakes.

If you look back, Nazis made the most basic mistake of opening multiple fronts all around themselves, and invading so many different countries. But then, the nazis seriously thought themselves to be the "superior race" and considered it their destiny to rule Europe. This made them far more over confident and the cause of their immediate decline.

Kpop is not girly, Jpop is girly
I don't like Kpop, but the world like it
check how many Chinese variety shows, reality shows are from Korea
check how many Korean celebrities are earning big money in China and all over the world.

Dude, are you Korean or Chinese?

Most Korean entertainment shows are still a niche market among China's audience.

South Korea is still a mistress country for the US, that's nobody in China would respect it.

And all those Korean bangzi known is to steal our culture.

0.jpg

The only strength really matters is our huge stick, now go watch some hentai or kpop for some softpower to get some attention from the French girls. :crazy:

No, that is not the only strength that matters. In the globalized world of today, leadership, and cultural power matters a lot as well.

For example, if you enter and invade Myanmar and do a genocide, then the whole world will start hating you. No one will be ready to trade or have any contact with you. The neighboring countries will straight away form security alliances with your adversaries. And so on.

Well, we will let the world to recognize that the Chinese men are represented by the alpha males like Liu Xiang and Sun Yang, not those girly men from the K-pop.

You can be represented by many people, including stars and sportspersons alike.

Dude, are you Korean or Chinese?

Most Korean entertainment shows are still a niche market among China's audience.

South Korea is still a mistress country for the US, that's nobody in China would respect it.

And all those Korean bangzi known is to steal our culture.

View attachment 249707

they steal our culture and make it worldwide
this is soft power
if we have softpower, how can they gain popularity while we can't?

The only strength really matters is our huge stick, now go watch some hentai or kpop for some softpower to get some attention from the French girls. :crazy:

中东地区也兴“韩流” -- Vista看天下 -- 传送门

Back
Top Bottom