What's new

Chinese Navy (PLAN) News & Discussions

Pro talks about Brahmos :crazy:

Basically many Naval forces are already stronger than PLAN. If we compare PLAN with lets say the French Navy, the French are already on par or stronger because Chinese Navy is already contained by Japan , USA, India , imagine all the Naval forces we have to pass through before we reach France :lol:

Our latest destroyer from the P-15B class, we laid the keel in 2015 and was launched in 2016. That's the same amount of time the Chinese take for similar ships.

The keel laying ceremony of second destroyer in class, INS Mormugao (D 67), was held in June 2015 and the vessel was launched at MDL shipyard in Mumbai, during September 2016.

I am sorry, but China and India have very different standard as far as the term "Launch" is concerned. You are comparing apply and orange.

This is how it looked when your latest P-15B launched:

212890764957df6eab7db33.jpg

And this is how Chinese ship looked at launched:

0dcbf8f8-7fee-412d-95db-b5944e2ecb72-1498686024115.jpg

I am sorry, but China and India have very different standard as far as the term "Launch" is concerned. You are comparing apply and orange.

If that guy has a shred of self-awareness and shame, he'll vanish like a fart in the wind. But he's an Indian, so...

Their nuclear sub and aircraft carrier launched multiple times - each time adding a component

Like their sub without a nuclear reactor, and they call it launched :rofl:

A third ship of the same class is around the corner. :D

China launches another acoustic surveillance ship

Andrew Tate, London
- IHS Jane's Defence Weekly

21 March 2018

Another large acoustic surveillance ship has been launched for China’s People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN), photographs posted on 20 March in online forums show.

Built at the Wuchang Shuangliu shipyard in Wuhan, the 90 m long ship is the second of a class that has been referred to as Type 927, although no official confirmation of the designation has emerged. The first ship of the class was built at China’s Huangpu shipyard in Guangzhou and launched around June 2017.

p1721598.jpg

A second large acoustic surveillance ship has been launched for the Chinese navy, photographs posted on 20 March on online forums show. (Via haohanfw.com)

The vessels, which have a beam of 30 m, have a small waterplane area, twin hull (SWATH) design that is similar in appearance and size to that of US Navy ocean surveillance ship USNS Impeccable (T-AGOS 23). Impeccable displaces around 5,500 tonnes, suggesting that the new PLAN ships will have a similar displacement.

Wuchang Shuangliu is the same shipyard that in 2016 built Rui Li 10 : a SWATH vessel of similar size that appears to be operated as an acoustic research vessel by the Hangzhou Applied Acoustics Research Institute, which is closely associated with the National Defence Key Laboratory for sonar technology.

Photographs of this ship prior to launch show apertures in the structure between the catamaran hulls that would permit acoustic hydrosounders and hydrophones to be lowered beneath the ship. No photographs showing such detail of the Type 927 have appeared but similar arrangements are likely.

Rui Li 10 is also reported to be equipped with an integrated electric propulsion system, with power generated using diesel engines driving electrical generators that feed electric propulsion motors. Such a design would help to minimise the ship’s self-noise, which, if unsuppressed, would not only inhibit the detection of very quiet submarines but also provide an acoustic signature indicating the surveillance ship’s presence to any submarines being hunted.

To read the full article, Client Login
(319 of 554 words)

Face palm,nailed it.

This is what always puzzled me: It takes 6~8 years for them to get a ship commissioned after launching.

This is what always puzzled me: It takes 6~8 years for them to get a ship commissioned after launching.

I couldn't believe that picture of the Indian warship launching...........like where is the rest of the ship, like the superstructure?. The Indians sure have a very different approach to ship building compared to other nations. Surely its easier to fit the superstructure, while the vessel is in a construction hall, or in a dry dock, and not out at sea?
Anyway, this vessel won't be finished for years, will it? :-)

The Chinese use German engines. The Type 052C uses MTU-1163 and the Type 052D uses the MTU-956. They license produce them. We use American and Ukrainian engines.

As for weapons, I think we will indigenize pretty much everything over the next 10 years.
Those are Diesel engines, not gas turbine engines. China has builds them under license; there’s no need to build indigenous one. What he is referring to is the QC-280, which is a indigenous Chinese gas turbine. As for the “indigenize” argument, I recall that Indians made the same argument back in the mid 2000’s ... all I can say is good luck :D

If I recollect, their aircraft carrier had a similar kind of launch for propaganda purposes ... even now, it will take at least 2023 (realistically) to commission. And the funny thing is how many fanboys are talking about an Indian nuclear CATOBAR carriers ... talk about a wet dream.

Anyway guys ... can we stay on topic please?

A long PLAN vs IN goes too much into political issues.

Deino

Back
Top Bottom