What's new

Chinese Navy (PLAN) News & Discussions

Always dragging US and Japan into the discussion. So Indian Navy is able to match PLAN numbers is all due to taking into account of the other 2 Naval powers. Indian maths and logic always full of surprises. I wonder if the French and British also see it that way, matching PLAN by including those of US and Japan. :crazy:

Always dragging US and Japan into the discussion. So Indian Navy is able to match PLAN numbers is all due to taking into account of the other 2 Naval powers. Indian maths and logic always full of surprises. I wonder if the French and British also see it that way, matching PLAN by including those of US and Japan. :crazy:

Naturally. All buildup is based on what the enemy can bring to the table.

As it stands today, IN have over 100 ships in the IOR, but PLAN can bring only a dozen ships into the IOR.

Even if PLAN expands to a 400 ship navy, an expeditionary mission in the IOR will be fraught with logistical issues. Even the USN cannot operate their entire navy in the IOR due to logistics. And they need ships elsewhere too.

PLAN's first objective is to counter the USN in the Pacific, not come out against the IN. Against IN, PLAN will only aim to maintain a modest presence, our buildup already exceeds such a requirement.

I suppose you can recall that during the Maldives crisis, PLAN moved a few ships around to maintain presence. But did you know that the IN already had 50+ ships in the region beforehand?

PLAN's presence in the IOR will always, always be smaller than the IN.

Naturally. All buildup is based on what the enemy can bring to the table.

As it stands today, IN have over 100 ships in the IOR, but PLAN can bring only a dozen ships into the IOR.

Even if PLAN expands to a 400 ship navy, an expeditionary mission in the IOR will be fraught with logistical issues. Even the USN cannot operate their entire navy in the IOR due to logistics. And they need ships elsewhere too.

PLAN's first objective is to counter the USN in the Pacific, not come out against the IN. Against IN, PLAN will only aim to maintain a modest presence, our buildup already exceeds such a requirement.

I suppose you can recall that during the Maldives crisis, PLAN moved a few ships around to maintain presence. But did you know that the IN already had 50+ ships in the region beforehand?

PLAN's presence in the IOR will always, always be smaller than the IN.

Smaller presence in IOR is something different than being on par with PLAN. Try convince others with this logic see if they agree with you or me. While your point is not false it does not mean it's on par, lets get this straight.

Two most recent satellite images (taken in Feb. 2018) show that China is now building 13 destroyers simultaneously:
- 7 destroyers in building at Jiangnan Shipyard (3* Type 055 + 4* Type 052D)
- 6 destroyers in building at Dalian Shipyard (3* Type 055 + 3* Type 052D)

Jiangnan Shipyard
View attachment 459605

Dalian Shipyard
View attachment 459606

According to the estimation of SIPRI (Stockholm International Peace Research Institute), China spends about 1.9% of its GDP on defense. The spending intensity is much lower than USA (3.3%), India (2.5%) and South Korea (2.7%).

China is acting like that one Korean guy you play against in Starcraft

Smaller presence in IOR is something different than being on par with PLAN. Try convince others with this logic see if they agree with you or me. While your point is not false it does not mean it's on par, lets get this straight.

"On par" is subjective.

For example, if we assume that hypothetically none of your ships have the capacity to stop the Brahmos, then all your ships will sink regardless of how many you bring to the fight.

When it comes to capability, we can only assume things. If we want to stop assuming, then only a war will answer that question and neither side is going to war anytime soon.

So the only contest we can discuss about is in the numbers involved. And when it comes to numbers, in the IOR, PLAN will never have an advantage against IN. In the Pacific, China has to contend with the US, Japan, Australia and India.

India has far too many advantages and China has none.

"On par" is subjective.

For example, if we assume that hypothetically none of your ships have the capacity to stop the Brahmos, then all your ships will sink regardless of how many you bring to the fight.

When it comes to capability, we can only assume things. If we want to stop assuming, then only a war will answer that question and neither side is going to war anytime soon.

So the only contest we can discuss about is in the numbers involved. And when it comes to numbers, in the IOR, PLAN will never have an advantage against IN. In the Pacific, China has to contend with the US, Japan, Australia and India.

India has far too many advantages and China has none.

Now you switch to the topic subjective? Constantly thinking of new excuses is a typical Indian trait. If you want to go that way by using Brahmos and hypothetically saying PLAN is helpless against it. Why are you even mentioning that by 2037-2047 being on par with PLAN? Why not even claim right now in 2018 Indian Navy is on par with PLAN simply because India has Brahmos? :rofl:

And for the record, India is not a Pacific power, never was and never will be. :D

China is acting like that one Korean guy you play against in Starcraft

Depressed? But you have the best politicians.

KMO_085521_13427_1_t218_222919.jpg

https://russia-insider.com/en/shocking-diplomatic-incompetence-theresa-may-and-boris-johnson/ri22802

Yet more proof that China is a version of The Third Reich in the making. Any World war fought in the future will be as a result of the Chinese scrambling to secure resources. This can be demonstrated by their actions in the SCS region. Building fake islands in order to change their EEZ. The World is overpopulated and the Chinese realise this, hence the rush to secure resources for their vast homogeneous population.

It is the Chinese way, claim to be a peaceful peoples but secretly strengthen themselves until they are convinced of victory. Chinese neighbors and opposing Nations realise that the race is on. Loose alliances are forming between the Western and Eastern Nations. An alliance which consists of technologically superior nations of the West and not so technologically advanced nations of the East against China, a country playing catch up at this time.

A more technologically advanced China will be a larger threat and ineviteably more belligerent if their current military posture is considered correlated to their strength. This is why this current loose alliance are focussing their efforts on containing China.

Will containment be enough?
No.

Can't wait to see 3-4 of the 055 destroyers doing anti piracy deployment in Indian Ocean.:victory::omghaha:
They need to commission it fast. Instead of making 100% combat fit. I suggest PLAN shall also change their doctrine by putting out ship into fleet fast without so strict to a fully combat warship criteria.

No matter how well trained or how many trial years u can conduct to make it fully fit. You still need to put the new ship into operation to sharpen the efficiency and proficieny. After a year or service will able to build it into 100% combat ready ship.

Putting a 70% combat fit warship into service is better than no warship in service. A warship that can go 26knots instead of 30knots is still better than no warships and 0 knots. The remaining issue can be slowly iron out as more exercise involved and crews are better train to handle and maintain it.

PLAN need to commission 4 055 in a single year as a show of force.

Now you switch to the topic subjective? Constantly thinking of new excuses is a typical Indian trait. If you want to go that way by using Brahmos and hypothetically saying PLAN is helpless against it. Why are you even mentioning that by 2037-2047 being on par with PLAN? Why not even claim right now in 2018 Indian Navy is on par with PLAN simply because India has Brahmos? :rofl:

And for the record, India is not a Pacific power, never was and never will be. :D

Subjective = debatable. But you will say your stuff is better, I will say our stuff is better.

And sure, if you go by what I have to say, then the Brahmos gives us a huge advantage. Especially now that we are openly removing the range restriction.

But as I said, I am talking purely about numbers. IN will take as long as 2037 to 2047 to reach numbers and DWT parity with the PLAN. If it comes down to a fight today, IN has the advantage.

Subjective = debatable. But you will say your stuff is better, I will say our stuff is better.

And sure, if you go by what I have to say, then the Brahmos gives us a huge advantage. Especially now that we are openly removing the range restriction.

But as I said, I am talking purely about numbers. IN will take as long as 2037 to 2047 to reach numbers and DWT parity with the PLAN. If it comes down to a fight today, IN has the advantage.

The only way you can say IN has the advantage over PLAN if it comes down to a fight today is in a scenario where a PLAN task force of 2-3 frigates and destroyers VS the whole IN in Indian ocean alone. If you talking about the whole might of PLAN Vs IN there is no match today or for the foreseeable future. :china:

The only way you can say IN has the advantage over PLAN if it comes down to a fight today is in a scenario where a PLAN task force of 2-3 frigates and destroyers VS the whole IN in Indian ocean alone. If you talking about the whole might of PLAN Vs IN there is no match today or for the foreseeable future. :china:

PLAN cannot deploy all its assets against India. And India has no need to deploy all its assets against PLAN.

Back
Top Bottom