What's new

Chinese Navy (PLAN) News & Discussions

View attachment 461017 Why do the yindees still talk that useless bramouse missile after so many years?? As if it's the only missile in the world. It's easily intercepted and even the Russians doesn't inducts it.

Thing is the Brahmos missile would be facing some very stiff Chinese anti-missile defences like the new 11-barelled gatling gun CIWS, which is very highly rated, apparently!

I am sorry, but China and India have very different standard as far as the term "Launch" is concerned. You are comparing apply and orange.

This is how it looked when your latest P-15B launched:

212890764957df6eab7db33.jpg

And this is how Chinese ship looked at launched:

0dcbf8f8-7fee-412d-95db-b5944e2ecb72-1498686024115.jpg

Connecting the superstructure with the hull doesn't take long.

... but the systems will take long and if you look closely at your own indigenous aircraft carrier, which was "in the water" long before the Chinese Type 002; I'm not eagerly over-optimistic that this will happen soon.

The fault is due to foreign suppliers. Our aircraft carrier is awaiting the Aviation Facilities Complex from Russia. And our current destroyer is awaiting the supply of engines from Ukraine.

If we need to indigenize production, we need to order more ships, which we cannot due to being poor ourselves. You should be looking at what the Chinese have been doing at our level. And even then, they were richer than us.

Those are Diesel engines, not gas turbine engines. China has builds them under license; there’s no need to build indigenous one. What he is referring to is the QC-280, which is a indigenous Chinese gas turbine. As for the “indigenize” argument, I recall that Indians made the same argument back in the mid 2000’s ... all I can say is good luck :D

I missed mentioning the gas turbine.

The QC-280 is a Ukranian engine. It's being license produced in China.

The fault is due to foreign suppliers. Our aircraft carrier is awaiting the Aviation Facilities Complex from Russia. And our current destroyer is awaiting the supply of engines from Ukraine.

But then pardon ... to have high aims like a super-power but to blame the others. Isn't that a bit lame?

If we need to indigenize production, we need to order more ships, which we cannot due to being poor ourselves. You should be looking at what the Chinese have been doing at our level. And even then, they were richer than us.

The one license produced in China is called UGT-25000.

But then pardon ... to have high aims like a super-power but to blame the others. Isn't that a bit lame?

Nope. You have to see what the Chinese were doing when they were our equivalent today.

India has a $2.5T GDP. A China-equivalent back in the early 2000s would be 2004. Meaning, India is the equivalent of what China was back in 2004 considering inflation.

And in 2004, their most advanced destroyer was the old Type 052B of which they had only two. In comparison, as an economy of similar stature, we are doing much better than they did and we are operating many more ships of superior types.

All the stuff you are comparing with India are stuff that the Chinese built up after they were a $10T economy. Their economy allowed them to build more ships of the same type, hence they could sign agreements that allowed them to license produce and ensure little delays.

As time goes, it won't take long for India to replicate the same success as China's. Growth is exponential after all.

As I said earlier, whatever India is doing today is bigger than what the Chinese did in their own time with the same kind of finances. It's just that China is so big now that whatever India does will feel small in comparison.

Simply based on timeline and finances, you should be comparing the P-15B and P-17A to the Type 052Cs. As for Type 052Ds, you should be comparing that to whatever the IN will decide to make after the P-15Bs are delivered, because that's when India will have the China-equivalent defence budget necessary to place large orders.

Nope. You have to see what the Chinese were doing when they were our equivalent today.

India has a $2.5T GDP. A China-equivalent back in the early 2000s would be 2004. Meaning, India is the equivalent of what China was back in 2004 considering inflation.

And in 2004, their most advanced destroyer was the old Type 052B of which they had only two. In comparison, as an economy of similar stature, we are doing much better than they did and we are operating many more ships of superior types.

All the stuff you are comparing with India are stuff that the Chinese built up after they were a $10T economy. Their economy allowed them to build more ships of the same type, hence they could sign agreements that allowed them to license produce and ensure little delays.

As time goes, it won't take long for India to replicate the same success as China's. Growth is exponential after all.

As I said earlier, whatever India is doing today is bigger than what the Chinese did in their own time with the same kind of finances. It's just that China is so big now that whatever India does will feel small in comparison.

Simply based on timeline and finances, you should be comparing the P-15B and P-17A to the Type 052Cs. As for Type 052Ds, you should be comparing that to whatever the IN will decide to make after the P-15Bs are delivered, because that's when India will have the China-equivalent defence budget necessary to place large orders.

Thanks a lot for that open word since for the first time it is an open confession that China is way, way ahead and India indeed only broadly comparable to China in 2004.

I do not want to rate this nor to make fun of it but if you read what some Indians in certain forums and politicians as well tell the world it's unbelievable. One wonders how they think anyone would take them seriously.

Deino

Thanks a lot for that open word since for the first time it is an open confession that China is way, way ahead and India indeed only broadly comparable to China in 2004.

I do not want to rate this nor to make fun of it but if you read what some Indians in certain forums and politicians as well tell the world it's unbelievable. One wonders how they think anyone would take them seriously.

Deino

Economy-wise, India is equivalent to a 2004 China. But technology-wise, India is more or less on par with China.

Nobody denies that China is ahead. Even my posts here, I have always said PLAN has bigger problems than the IN and that's where most of the Chinese focus will go towards, which reduces the pressure on the IN due to the said India-specific advantages. Nothing about India being ahead.

The fact is China is slowing down and India will catch up. And I gave that date as 2037-2047.

Economy-wise, India is equivalent to a 2004 China. But technology-wise, India is more or less on par with China.

Nobody denies that China is ahead. Even my posts here, I have always said PLAN has bigger problems than the IN and that's where most of the Chinese focus will go towards, which reduces the pressure on the IN due to the said India-specific advantages. Nothing about India being ahead.

The fact is China is slowing down and India will catch up. And I gave that date as 2037-2047.
I admire your enthusiasm. But other than making yourself feel better, your prediction is meaningless. Maybe that is really what it is for.

I admire your enthusiasm. But other than making yourself feel better, your prediction is meaningless. Maybe that is really what it is for.

How is it meaningless? India is headed towards high growth while China is going to settle down to low growth. Your own leaders have said growth is going to slow down. So it's obvious India will catch up, you only need basic math and common sense to know that.

You are simply in denial.

The QC280 is not a Ukranian engine! Please get your facts straight. It was based on a Ukranian engine but with large improvements such as highly improved fuel efficiency. No where is the QC-280 built under license ...

It is you lot who brought India into the discussion, genius.
It was you I recall who said that the Indian navy had the advantage over the PLAN ... knowing that it would probably trigger a flame war ...

Last edited:

Just because India has a 2 trillion economy today, doesn't make you an "equivalent" to China of 2004; and saying something like "Technology-wise, India is more or less on par with China", is even more absurd. There is literally nothing in technology-Science front that India can claim it is on par with China today, except for MoM and 104 that every other Indian member love to quote hundreds of times to prove it is an "space superpower".

To be honest, HDI wise, India is more or less on par with China in 70's, and society wise, 50's. Your statement shows both ignorance and arrogance that are common among many Indian members, IMO that is actually one of main reasons that India as a whole is in such a sorry state of affair today.

Back
Top Bottom