What's new

Chinese Navy (PLAN) News & Discussions

I think this article left out a lot of factors like logistics and oversea bases.

you could also factor in U.S allies like South Korean,Japan, and Australia fleets with U.S you get around 500 vessels as well. I don't even want to mention India :eek:
You got power, you got allies. You lost power, you lost allies. Don't put too much hope on your allies. Anyway, this article is deduction. Not meaningful.

And China continues massive trade with the US. Point being, economic relations usually have little influence on geopolitical relations.

Also, the navies of the US, UK, and Japan agreed to enhance trilateral cooperation last year.
http://www.navy.mil/navydata/people...CNO_US_Japan_UK_2016_Trilateral_Agreement.pdf
Unfortunately few countries can be as powerful as US. And if China keeps growing, it is getting harder to be immune to China's influence.

Japan did not help its ally(Nazi Germany) in the world war 2.

Another boring article aimed to rant Chinese threat .
China is way behind US in navy.
It is not possible for China to catch up with US in 20 years, except that the combat model would change revolutionarily ,with the result, most of USN warfare would be obsolete in a short time.

China is not super power, but a developing country with lots of internal and outer issues to take care of .
The task of PLAN is to protect the territorial waters of China and the important sea lanes which's critical to China's trade.
Besides, China just claim these islands of SCS ,not the 90% of SCS.

Last edited:
Yep, for carriers I expect there to be six by 2030.

SSNs will be in many dozens as the Type-095SSN will be mass produced in the 2020s.

Since our 3rd AC 002 has already started with steel cutting i presume, roughly by 2020 to 2021 construction should be finished. AC No. 4 003 is gonna be much bigger so i expect 4 years is required so estimation 2024-2025. If No. 5 and 6 constructions are starting around the same time then it is possible that by 2030 China would have 6 AC.

Yep, for carriers I expect there to be six by 2030.

SSNs will be in many dozens as the Type-095SSN will be mass produced in the 2020s.

China's Bohai shipyard now has a dual production line for the SSBN/SSN, and the new assembly is incredibly huge, it can build six nuclear submarines simultaneously. It is not out of possibility that China might add another manufacturing hub for the nuclear submarines.

As for the carriers, conservatively speaking, China could have 5 AC strike groups by 2030, two with Type 001 and Type 001A, Type 002 twin, and a single Type 003. Prior 2030, China is paving its way to match the US in term of the quality in every domain, and after 2030, it will be about the absolute quantity.

Unfortunately few countries can be as powerful as US. And if China keeps growing, it is getting harder to be immune to China's influence.

Japan did not help its ally(Nazi Germany) in the world war 2.

I think you greatly underestimate the geopolitical relationship between the US and the UK. The two countries have intelligence sharing that goes decades, perhaps even before WW2. Before WW2, secret US war plans in the event of war had a number scenarios in which it assumed the UK was an ally. After fighting together in WW2, both remained on the same side throughout the Cold War. After the Cold War the UK was a staunch partner in the sandbox on numerous occasions. The UK defense industry is heavily intertwined with the American defense industry. And both countries are the two most active major participants in NATO in Eastern Europe that is in response to Russia's moves in the Ukraine. British and Americans forces have been deployed to Poland and the Baltics to reassure those countries there.

Japan didn't aid Germany directly because they were on the other side of the planet and Japan was already spread out too thin by winter of 1942. So it was an issue of feasibility, not dedication to the alliance. UK naval forces will be able to roam together where ever the US Navy is able to roam. So it is a totally different situation. Expect one of those new British carriers loaded with F-35Bs to make appearance together with the USN and JMSDF in the 2020s in the Pacific region.

You serious?

The Chinese navy hasn't won or even participated in a single modern naval conflict. The most recent major Chinese naval engagement occurred over 120 years ago, in the Yellow Sea. .

This statement is not true, please refer to below links:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Paracel_Islands
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnson_South_Reef_Skirmish

And Chinese civil war sea battles between PLAN torpedo boats against destroyers and frigates of ROC navy during 1950s and 1960s.

You serious?

The Chinese navy hasn't won or even participated in a single modern naval conflict. The most recent major Chinese naval engagement occurred over 120 years ago, in the Yellow Sea. You guys call it the war of "Jiawu." How did that turn out?

Frankly, the Japanese would still wipe the floor with the Chinese navy if the US allowed them to rebuild. The Beiyang fleet was bettered armored and advanced than most of the Japanese torpedo boats at the time. And yet they still pwned you and took Taiwan.

It always ends badly for China historically whenever its military believes it can take on the world. Jiawu and Boxer Rebellion are lessons to live by.
Classic deflection.

You serious?

The Chinese navy hasn't won or even participated in a single modern naval conflict. The most recent major Chinese naval engagement occurred over 120 years ago, in the Yellow Sea. You guys call it the war of "Jiawu." How did that turn out?

Frankly, the Japanese would still wipe the floor with the Chinese navy if the US allowed them to rebuild. The Beiyang fleet was bettered armored and advanced than most of the Japanese torpedo boats at the time. And yet they still pwned you and took Taiwan.

It always ends badly for China historically whenever its military believes it can take on the world. Jiawu and Boxer Rebellion are lessons to live by.

I don't know what your problem is but the comment you made has nothing to do with the rapid Naval buildup of PLAN at the present time which is totally unrelated to the past. Get used to it, China is pushing into high gear with our modernization and expansions of our Naval forces. So don't come up with the excuse of US preventing Japanese military expansionism. Instead you should be telling US to stop occupying Japan that way she can have that kind of freedom again. You sound like a butthurt loser you know that? I can also say China had the world's largest and strongest Naval fleet during the Ming Dynasty, had we kept on developing we still be the strongest in the Ocean but you don't see Chinese making this pathetic excuse. Accept the inevitable fact China is gonna show who is the real boss in ECS and SCS within 2030.

We've came a long way, just a little more than a decade ago, these 053H1 and 053H2 FFG were our major navy warships and now......(credits to kyoukini)
LtDeu5f.png

cCxhPxd.jpg
VvCcxCV.jpg
O4Vb1Zr.jpg

We've came a long way, just a little more than a decade ago, these 053H1 and 053H2 FFG were our major navy warships and now......(credits to kyoukini)
LtDeu5f.png

cCxhPxd.jpg
VvCcxCV.jpg
O4Vb1Zr.jpg
AROUND A DECADE AGO? :bounce:

IF SO the Chinese Naval force was so miserable, so pathetic back then... and it almost looks like a MIRACULOUS achievement witnessing all the progresses to be made within the last decade as well as the even more progresses to be achieved in years to come... in reality it can be said that in fact China is truly making a breakthrough in moving upward in science & technology in many fields incl. the naval sector during the last decade and the spectacular advancement is still happening rapidly right before our eyes at this very moment... just a blink in the Chinese history then the great jump is far reaching out... :cheers:

Will the future historians register the 21st century as the Middle Kingdom Great Revival era?
Nonetheless, keep the humility as always and never look down anything :smitten::smitten:

----------
"I have three precious things which I hold fast and prize. The first is gentleness; the second is frugality; the third is humility." - Tao

Back
Top Bottom