What's new

Chinese Navy (PLAN) News & Discussions

The problem is China do not emphasize on small VLS system like Barak-1/2 which they can developed. They are obsessed with expensive big VLS for PLAN which are not allow to export at the moment or too expensive to export.

If our export warship are equipped such system. I think the export sales will be better.
VLS is for quick launch. For small boats, they can turn quickly and then launch.

VLS is for quick launch. For small boats, they can turn quickly and then launch.
Yes but China never developed an interest in small VLS system like Barak-1. Barak-1 is a very limted point blank short range missile of 10km only. It is small enough to fit onboard corvette but PLAN is an ocean going navy. She is obsessed with bigger and longer range system.

230411nomki55sokmtuom5.jpg

Thanks for posting ... is the COMOAC C919-report also included in this issue ?

the 4th still has the chance to commission end of this year.

The 3rd 052D was commissioned only recently, and i would expect there to be several months gap between commissionings. but if there is a chance of getting the 4th 052D commissioned this year, then they better hurry up, as there is only a few days left to the end of the year. :-)

What i was expecting though was to see the 24th 056 Corvette commissioned by the end of this year, and i'am surprised it hasn't happened......yet!

The 3rd 052D was commissioned only recently, and i would expect there to be several months gap between commissionings. but if there is a chance of getting the 4th 052D commissioned this year, then they better hurry up, as there is only a few days left to the end of the year. :-)

What i was expecting though was to see the 24th 056 Corvette commissioned by the end of this year, and i'am surprised it hasn't happened......yet!
4th Type052D has 2 months ago went for sea trial. Its building phase is very close with 3rd Type052D. Which is why I believe it has a chance to commission these few days. Of cos, it's quite a slim chances. Most likely will be early next year 2016.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom