What's new

Chinese Navy (PLAN) News & Discussions

Why the IN?

I don't think IN is really a competitor for the PLA, because IN's strategic focus is to look out for Indian Ocean, while PLAN looks out in the China Seas.

I don't think we are adversaries, because we have different strategic zones, which are not conflicting.
It is not because you don't wanna look east, you just don't have the projection power to do it yet.

It is not because you don't wanna look east, you just don't have the projection power to do it yet.
Indian think they are smart that they can play around the alliance camp but you will end up no friends. Just like how naive Indian thinks that India has access to all countries weapon technology, end up nobody will bother full ToT even you have the money. Just like how Turkey think countries will for sake of money ToT their LRSAM technology. End up no bidder for Turkey request and Turkey has no LRSAM. :lol:

Said to be the 31st Type 056 awaiting launch at HDZH::D

View attachment 280685
They should leave the space to install 8x VLS cells on type056 ... i don't know whether type056 designer consider VLS onboard, it's better to install a 8x VLS unite for future China version ESSM missiles on these 30x type056 corvettes.

China 2x VLS systems
1.jpg
2.jpg

Last edited:
Do tell why do you think that India is not a worthy partner for China
I do think India is a worthy partner for China. The question is not about India't worthiness. Is about India's willingness.

How should we rectify this mistake ? Will a letter from Modi saying that high IQ Chinese are superior than us, will suffice ? & do tell how are we competing with China & present something different from the usual Indian media report.
I think India should use a better competing target. China is not a good enough target. US is.

India is too obsessed with competing with China and refused to accept the upper hand held by the Chinese.

Her completion is far from the launch of JN D launch. I will not be suprised if Dalian needs 3 years to commission her into PLAN service.
That simply makes India a sincere competitor. They refuse to give up. That is respectable.

More Type 054A and Type 056 at HPS :-)

203341cznyk3buuk1t277d.jpg.thumb.jpg

202936irzapk5l5a5f4ssl.jpg.thumb.jpg

203040qz45z4rzfd8g0c1o.jpg.thumb.jpg

LCAC 3326 commissioned

202828ez3gll1trc3l3730.jpg.thumb.jpg

203508a82rrh0ohc78q0jr.jpg.thumb.jpg

203006k127931t231yreh1.jpg.thumb.jpg

They should leave the space to install 8x VLS cells on type056 ... i don't know whether type056 designer consider VLS onboard, it's better to install a 8x VLS unite for future China version ESSM missiles on these 30x type056 corvettes.

China 2x VLS systems
View attachment 280753 View attachment 280754

There is no problem technical wise。

But you know what the PLAN is like。It is cost-conscious and extremely conservative when it comes to the adoption of the latest technologies。

More Type 054A and Type 056 at HPS :-)

203341cznyk3buuk1t277d.jpg.thumb.jpg

202936irzapk5l5a5f4ssl.jpg.thumb.jpg

203040qz45z4rzfd8g0c1o.jpg.thumb.jpg

LCAC 3326 commissioned

202828ez3gll1trc3l3730.jpg.thumb.jpg

203508a82rrh0ohc78q0jr.jpg.thumb.jpg

203006k127931t231yreh1.jpg.thumb.jpg

But you know what the PLAN is like。It is cost-conscious and extremely conservative when it comes to the adoption of the latest technologies。

Zubr is so sexy ! :smitten:

@cirr This Zubr '3326' is part of "2" Built by Chinese Shipyard or the new one, outside that? So, total Zubr LCAC that China have right know is 4 or 5? :-)

Last edited:

If they know how cost-conscious, they should leave space for VLS modul on type056 ... the corvettes building after type054A FFG, VLS system is mature in PLAN. Add a VLS modul much cheaper than building another new ship.

If they know how cost-conscious, they should leave space for VLS modul on type056 ... the corvettes building after type054A FFG, VLS system is mature in PLAN. Add a VLS modul much cheaper than building another new ship.

Why would they need a VLS-equipped Type 056 when the Type 052D is readily available? If a Type 056 finds itself in a situation that requires the use of VLS-launched weaponry, then that Type 056 shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Why would they need a VLS-equipped Type 056 when the Type 052D is readily available? If a Type 056 finds itself in a situation that requires the use of VLS-launched weaponry, then that Type 056 shouldn't have been there in the first place.
There r 30x type056 corvettes future maybe more ... such large numbers in PLAN, adding VLS moduls on type056 can make PLAN more powerful to face many normal threats. Another bigger ships like type052C/D & type054A can deal with rest big threats. The designer should leave a space for 8x VLS cells at the front of ship, PITY now if type056 wanna install VLS modul there only remove the hangar.

d1160924ab18972b9fd9a148e7cd7b899f510a54.jpg

IMO the 056 Corvette, appears to be very well armed for a vessel of its size.

I don't think the vessel has the depth to it inside to house a VLS system, and anyway, it would take up a lot of space, so something else would have to be given up. Remember you would also need room for the extra radars and electronic consoles.

As the 056 would most likely be in Chinese coastal regions, it would be protected anyway, with the help of the PLAAF, if an air attack was made from a hostile force towards the ship, the enemy fighters would be picked up long in advance, before the enemy could get in range of the Corvette.

IMO the 056 Corvette, appears to be very well armed for a vessel of its size.

I don't think the vessel has the depth to it inside to house a VLS system, and anyway, it would take up a lot of space, so something else would have to be given up. Remember you would also need room for the extra radars and electronic consoles.

As the 056 would most likely be in Chinese coastal regions, it would be protected anyway, with the help of the PLAAF, if an air attack was made from a hostile force towards the ship, the enemy fighters would be picked up long in advance, before the enemy could get in range of the Corvette.
The problem is China do not emphasize on small VLS system like Barak-1/2 which they can developed. They are obsessed with expensive big VLS for PLAN which are not allow to export at the moment or too expensive to export.

If our export warship are equipped such system. I think the export sales will be better.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom