What's new

Chinese missile could shift Pacific power balance

A cold missile? :rofl: A missile with a flame plume is 'cold' against space? :rofl: And an IR sensor will be unable to tell the contrast...!!! This is unbelievably entertaining.

You obviously do not understand how basic infrared radiation works.

I will try to explain it to you.

If you have an infrared sensor and a electronic heater. Turn on the electronic heater to MAX and lets say the sensor gives a reading of 500.

Now turn the heater to medium heat and lest say the sensor gives a reading of 250.

HOWEVER if I turn the heater on max and walk further and further away I will notice the sensor giving smaller and smaller readings, as I walk 10 meters the sensor will drop the reading to 490, If I walk 250 meters I will get a reading of 250.

If I just have a reading of 250, I have no way to tell if the heater is far away and on max power or if the heater is at medium power.

Every type of ballistic missile has a different heat signature If I know that the heater is on MAX power I know that the location is 250 meters away.

However since information such as this is classified the early warning satellite is only able to tell if the heater is on or off since if it is off it gives a reading of 0.

No...You do not understand what is a 'bi-static' radar configuration, which is a very important applied concept.

Wrong. The interceptor missile, which is the Patriot missile itself, cannot detect the Scud during its boost phase. See if you can figure out why.

I will not bother with the rest of your gibberish.

You don't understand basic IR radiation, or the doppler effect.

The bottom line is whoever posted that junk NAVY video showing patriot interceptor has no chance in hell of working against dong feng

@gambit : bi static radar config in short and in a way relevant to this discussion?

Not really, honestly, you can check it here. Bistatic forward scatter radars are mainly used to detect stealth aircraft using Babinet's principle

Bistatic radar is the name given to a radar system which comprises a transmitter and receiver which are separated by a distance that is comparable to the expected target distance. Conversely, a radar in which the transmitter and receiver are collocated is called a monostatic radar.

Bistatic radar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@gambit : bi static radar config in short and in a way relevant to this discussion?
Not really, honestly, you can check it here. Bistatic forward scatter radars are mainly used to detect stealth aircraft using Babinet's principle
Not applicable? :lol:

Very well...

bi-static_sys.jpg

A bi-static radar configuration is when there are physically, not merely logically, distinct transmit and receive platforms, as illustrated above. The majority of radar systems out there are mono-static, meaning that one antenna perform both transmit and receive functions. In doing so, the system become a 'pulsed' or 'pulsating' system. It is possible to have a constant wave single antenna but that is for another discussion.

For the majority of ground-air missile, the entire system is bi-static, meaning substitute the receiver for the interceptor missile. The interceptor missile receive any target echoes produced by the main launch platform radar and process its own target resolutions, which may be correlated against target resolutions from the main radar itself. In other words, there are two sets of target resolutions, one worked on by the interceptor missile and one worked on by the main radar.

Here is another example...

homing.jpg

In the illustration above, the 'semi-active' is a bi-static configuration. So pay no mind to what the other gentleman said about non-applicability.

Am not a commie so the laugh is on YOU, commie. :lol:

Am already a US citizen. Would you like to join US? You will have to leave 'Chinese physics' behind, though.

Actually he said in another thread that he lives in Brooklyn. he hides behind the Chinese and North Korean flag becuase he admires them. Imagine that someone that admires Kim Jong-il. Yet enjoys the liberties of the U.S.

"I live in Brooklyn New York. I just chose the North Korean and Chinese flag because those are my two favorite countries. "

Not applicable? :lol:

Very well...

bi-static_sys.jpg

A bi-static radar configuration is when there are physically, not merely logically, distinct transmit and receive platforms, as illustrated above. The majority of radar systems out there are mono-static, meaning that one antenna perform both transmit and receive functions. In doing so, the system become a 'pulsed' or 'pulsating' system. It is possible to have a constant wave single antenna but that is for another discussion.

For the majority of ground-air missile, the entire system is bi-static, meaning substitute the receiver for the interceptor missile. The interceptor missile receive any target echoes produced by the main launch platform radar and process its own target resolutions, which may be correlated against target resolutions from the main radar itself. In other words, there are two sets of target resolutions, one worked on by the interceptor missile and one worked on by the main radar.

Here is another example...

homing.jpg

In the illustration above, the 'semi-active' is a bi-static configuration. So pay no mind to what the other gentleman said about non-applicability.

Most of the SAM are bi-static, however for anti ballistic missiles the angle is too narrow for it to be effective as a bi-static. It is just Pseudo-monostatic configuration in those cases.

I am a mechanical engineer?
Just for you...I am a 'sanitation engineer'. I clean up a lot of BS.

You know who designs these missiles and planes?

Engineers

Real engineers, the ones who actually went to university not "army engineers" who are not allowed to design anything
That still does not explain your aviation experience. In my book, an A/P and/or FCC licensed mechanic is more relevant than you when it comes to aviation.

That make him a coward and a hypocrite.

At least he is no "traitor" as he is proud to show everyone who he is, not like some self-hating "fakers" feeling damn small once his white man mask is off. am i right?:yahoo:

Most of the SAM are bi-static, however for anti ballistic missiles the angle is too narrow for it to be effective as a bi-static. It is just Pseudo-monostatic configuration in those cases.
Utter BS. I want to see a source for this assertion.

Just use your imagination. Do I have to draw a picture for you here?
Yeah...Just as I thought...You cannot even understand the wiki source that YOU brought on. Get some crayons and entertain yourself.

Back
Top Bottom