What's new

Chinese men protest customs duty on cellphones — by lying on floor at Islamabad airport

The import of luxury phones is a major contributor to the external account deficit the economy is facing. The country's import bill is $ 60 billion. The amount of luxury goods including high end phones being smuggled and legally imported into the country is one of the biggest contributors to this. The government has done the right thing by making these people pay duty. This is essential unless the country wants to go back to the IMF with a begging bowl next year.

Last edited:
In a way, rightly put - I have narrated the cases of Pak boys/young men who here run cell phone theft rings; then would put over a hundred plus to take back to Pak. I am speaking of just 2 yrs back; huge issue and customs specifically now go after these people. This rule is good as it puts a stop or slows down this criminal activity abroad.

yes and also running phone stealing rings too on this side.
if they do as you said then i have many things to tell you about so many denel who do steal things. we are talking about working on motherboard. we are talking about skills. and you brought me in stealing skills and here people with name of denel, joan and martin steel more then pakistanis..

if they do as you said then i have many things to tell you about so many denel who do steal things. we are talking about working on motherboard. we are talking about skills. and you brought me in stealing skills and here people with name of denel, joan and martin steel more then pakistanis..
nothing personal friend. here paks/nigerians are a huge nightmare in stealing/drugs/etc. I am just highlighting this action will curb the flow of illegal/stolen phones.

russia has much better technology than us as you mentioned above but they not make mobiles so it is different field and requires different expertise and different culture

in Pakistan same people damage your phone if you go for repair they open it so badly and repair so roughly that correct parts are also damaged and I have experience of this we lack culture of due care and quality control
Fix yourself. I am sure like me you have many faults.

Chinese phones are dual sims, second for backup.

UK paks least likely to use Chinese phones. I would, because they usually come with a flashlight built in and FM radio and some even UHF radio for communication.

nothing personal friend. here paks/nigerians are a huge nightmare in stealing/drugs/etc. I am just highlighting this action will curb the flow of illegal/stolen phones.
brother nothing personal. drugs is legal here in spain. you can grow two plant legally in home.. i have friends from police he says pakistanis don’t steal but they do buy.. .. but when it comes to repairing .. no one is batter then pakistanis

brother nothing personal. drugs is legal here in spain. you can grow two plant legally in home.. i have friends from police he says pakistanis don’t steal but they do buy.. .. but when it comes to repairing .. no one is batter then pakistanis
I mean serious ones not dagga - the later goes wild here. Our youth are messed up pretty badly with these newer highly addictive ones.

only generals and zardaris and government rishwat dont pay but in islamic pakistans evryone else has to pay. they charging tax on everything even though they dont produce it. Thank god no radio uhf vhf is on the list i would like to take 4 for relatives since we live in hills. Not everyone is carrying stolen phones some of us send legitimate fones for relatives.

Fix yourself. I am sure like me you have many faults.
I am ordinary person and has many weaknesses and do mistakes in my life .I will try and hope I not repeat mistakes and fix them in my future you also pray for me for right path . Every country cannot make all things domestically we are small country and cannot compare ourselves wuith u.s .china and other countries with large areas of land so we should focus on our priorities like we should focus on improving our agricultural products which is much easier and benefitial for us than starting mobile factories of which we have no previous experience and is risky investment for us as it is very competitive markets and everyday new phone model is launched so if we are unable to produce new models with good specs we will lose market share rapidly but this not happens in agriculture market and it is stable

I am ordinary person and has many weaknesses and do mistakes in my life .I will try and hope I not repeat mistakes and fix them in my future you also pray for me for right path . Every country cannot make all things domestically we are small country and cannot compare ourselves wuith u.s .china and other countries with large areas of land so we should focus on our priorities like we should focus on improving our agricultural products which is much easier and benefitial for us than starting mobile factories of which we have no previous experience and is risky investment for us as it is very competitive markets and everyday new phone model is launched so if we are unable to produce new models with good specs we will lose market share rapidly but this not happens in agriculture market and it is stable
MashAllah good attitude

I mean serious ones not dagga - the later goes wild here. Our youth are messed up pretty badly with these newer highly addictive ones.
i know many of good families here they are very good friends of mine but problem with their kids they use hell of marijuana and their parents are so much upset.. this is where europeans are falling behind. women are not giving enough birth to kids and mostly young kids are on drugs..

If he was American , he would have shot few people and make his way out, later our police would arrest him and later release him .. Chinese are Peaceful people and so their ways of protest .

Back
Top Bottom