What's new

Chinese Mainland cities set to overtake HK

10000 RMB+ per square meter within 4th ring road, 7000+ RMB per square meter outside 4th ring road.

Cousin lives in Beijing.
lol``where does your cousin live? i want buy that cheap house too```in 2008 we sold a apartment flat at 45k per M2, outside ring 3

Since we are talking about property here (something close to my heart).....

Although prices have retreated somewhat over the last year or so, buying an apartment still remains an expensive proposition for the average "Zhang" (Joe).

I have 2 apartments in China, one in Sanya ( a resort city by the south China sea) on Sanya Wan(Bay) and the other near Beijing (in Tongzhou, a satellite city east of BJG).

The last ten years were the heydeys of china property growth....those days are not coming back
:-( my sanya property grew 5 fold since my purchase in 2005. My Tongzhou property, alas, only 2 fold since end of 2009. Both peaked and retreated a bit over the last 2 years and holding steady now....keeping my fingers crossed. overall, my investments worked out well out here.

When I first came to Beijing in 2001, the most high-end, luxury property(apartment) could be had for RMB8,000 sqm. The same place now (used/2nd second) will set you back RMB65,000sqm.

2nd hand, old/average/worn down "middle-class" apartments (70's-80's buildings within the core 3rd ring road) cost RMB30,000 sqm.

However, these kind of price levels only apply to China's 1st tier cities, 2nd and 3rd tier prices are bargains in comparison.

Cheers! Happy Investing.............

Have you been to Mumbai or Delhi? How would you compare the those?

Nobody is overtaking HK anytime soon. HK is far far more developed than even the most core CBD areas of mainland China. People in HK are generally much more cultured.

@beijingwalker
Guangzhou is a pretty crappy place, though. Big mess of pollution and construction debris. All the bad stories come out of Guangdong province.

I have been to Shanghai,Hong Kong.They are amazing cities.With regard to your question to Aryan_B Mumbai and Delhi are nowhere near Hong Kong,Shanghai,Beijing,Tianjin etc.,it is an insult to these cities to compare them with Mumbai or Delhi

Back
Top Bottom