What's new

Chinese Foreign Affairs News & Discussions

Not a bad summary - but it leaves out the most important point as far as India is concerned.

Chinese supply of nuclear weapons and missile technology to Pakistan has enabled Pakistan to sustain a war of terrorism against India. Whenever innocent people are killed in India in terrorist attacks, Indians see the hand of China which enables Pakistan.

You can imagine what would be the situation if somebody supplied nuclear weapons to Uighurs, Taiwanese etc.

First step for China is to honestly acknowledge this negative conduct on its part and discuss constructively what can be done to remove weapons of mass destruction from states like Pakistan that are using them to sustain terrorism.

If any positive relations can be established we need to stop the blame game. what happened happened and could not have happened any other way. we need to stop holding our very short 60 years of hostility over our heads, so that we may move forward. This goes for all sides, your commitment to peaceful cooperation is only as good as your ability to forgive and forget.

If the nations of Europe after a 1000 years of bloody conflict including the World-wars on their soil. Can come together to form the EU.Why cant Mighty China, The Great India and Defiant Pakistan come together putting behind them only 60 years of hostility.

Maybe its because ii am fatigued or maybe its because i just watched Star trek the undiscovered country.

But the future is the undiscovered country. And change causes fear but India and world need to stop being afraid of china and the change its rise implies, china also needs to make the leap of faith to trust others it has to accept the change its own rise means for it, and not take that out on other nations. , just as India needs to make the leap of faith and trust India.

Only then can we venture together to find the many undiscovered countries that are yet to come.

In fact, most Indians like bragging.

If India and China were in fighting, the Indians would always call to inform the U.S. President Obama in order to seek the american's fire supports.
With regard to India and China border talks, the two sides will require concessions before we can have a breakthrough.
India is now clamoring for all day that they can defeat China in three days. whether India has such a guts or not?

If India and China were in fighting, the Indians would always call to inform the U.S. President Obama in order to seek the american's fire supports.
With regard to India and China border talks, the two sides will require concessions before we can have a breakthrough.
India is now clamoring for all day that they can defeat China in three days. whether India has such a guts or not?

Come on hunter, You cant talk of peace when you have no respect for India, statements such as these set the president that this is what the chines mind set is like.

and in fact most people like to brag, and those who don't brag substitute it with a healthy dose of rubbing people's mistakes in their faces:rofl:

and on the border talks, i don't see china making any concessions, simply because Its not in China's best intrests right now, China is stronger that India in every way.china will only make a concession as gesture of good will.

And as your's and many other statements show there is little good will between both sides. But i doubt you even care.

Come on hunter, You cant talk of peace when you have no respect for India, statements such as these set the president that this is what the chines mind set is like.

and in fact most people like to brag, and those who don't brag substitute it with a healthy dose of rubbing people's mistakes in their faces:rofl:

and on the border talks, i don't see china making any concessions, simply because Its not in China's best intrests right now, China is stronger that India in every way.china will only make a concession as gesture of good will.

And as your's and many other statements show there is little good will between both sides. But i doubt you even care.

You are keen on China's respect for Indians, respect for the Indian government, but why ? as we know,india's high school the third-year political science textbooks, "Political Theory and Practice," it was still fooling your younger youths. the ideas is that: " The Chinese people are still smoke opium "
India's high school textbooks, most of the contents is to describe India and China since 1950, disputes and conflicts, especially in the border war in 1962. However, India and China's history textbooks, records are completely different. In addition, India is very concerned about the relationship between China and Pakistan, especially in reference to India and Pakistan in 1971 war, China resolutely supports Pakistan.
the fact is that behind of Indians about China is quite complex and delicate feelings, and they do not entirely to China as rivals or enemies, but can not open up their hearts to regard China as a friend, this point has been reflected in indian's political textbook.

Last edited:
In China, I met some Indians, there are students、hotels security guards etc., They have never been bullied by any chinese,we treat them equally.
.You can come to Tianjin to make a survey!

You are keen on China's respect for Indians, respect for the Indian government, but why ? as we know,india's high school the third-year political science textbooks, "Political Theory and Practice," it was still fooling your younger youths. the ideas is that: " The Chinese people are still smoke opium "
India's high school textbooks, most of the contents is to describe India and China since 1950, disputes and conflicts, especially in the border war in 1962. However, India and China's history textbooks, records are completely different. In addition, India is very concerned about the relationship between China and Pakistan, especially in reference to India and Pakistan in 1971 war, China resolutely supports Pakistan.
the fact is that behind of Indians about China is quite complex and delicate feelings, and they do not entirely to China as rivals or enemies, but can not open up their hearts to regard China as a friend, this point has been reflected in indian's political textbook.

Yes of course i am keen on China's respect for India , Why ? because trust can only be built on the basis of mutual respect. and trust is what is necessary to take the India China relations in a positive direction. if there is no respect on what basis can trust be built be built upon.
This lack of respect will soon manifest itself as it already has, in China's actions towards India. This will cause great concern regarding china to India, And this concern will cause fear.
And as a wise old green master once said.
Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate and hate will lead to the dark side or in this case war.
These words hold true meaning. You have to agree to that at least.

And while i was going to school in India they never thought me a dam thing about China, other that the fact that china has a great wall.
this was back in the 90's. For most of my life i was led to believe that china is the same as India , in that it is also a developing country.
and other than the fact that we had a small war with china , we had generally friendly relations. the news or media back at the time, reported china in the odd news report about how they did this or that in their country how it made things better.

India's high school textbooks, most of the contents is to describe India and China since 1950, disputes and conflicts, especially in the border war in 1962. However, India and China's history textbooks, records are completely different.

this may be true but in my life i have not come across anything like what u mention. so you be the judge of that.

India is very concerned about the relationship between China and Pakistan, especially in reference to India and Pakistan in 1971 war, China resolutely supports Pakistan.

of course we are concerned, just as China would be about a Jap-IN alliance or A US-IN alliance. But there is no need to make mountain over mole hills. We are currently not fighting Pakistan, they may be unfriendly relations, at this moment they are not hostiles.

We have to get this Idea out of our heads that the primary purpose for India and Pakistan is to fight each other. On they we may be actual allies.

hmm Indian politics can always change, hopefully for the better.
Just this year, the re-elected government(a re-election has not happened in 2 decades) has decided to take china's approach and put Economic progress above all else, this is a fundamental change in India's politics the dividends of which the entire world will see in the coming years.
It will be more about China's stance towards India that will determine the the future of India-China relations, this is because the same people running china today will also be running China in the future.Which is not necessarily the same case In India

It is how they are able to accept the change and its consequences as i hive detailed in my previous posts specifically

The Pakistan issue with India is in all rights not an issue that should be China's problem, however Pakistan seems to think that China will fight its battles for it, this is not the case however. China will show its solidarity to its troubled ally with diplomatic or economic support but that's all, it will not be solving Pakistan's problems.To China's credit it has stayed out of the Kashmir affair, perhaps a sign that it still hopes that India and China can one day cooperate more readily than today.

To Pakistan, China's success are not necessarily yours. A +1:china: to China does not mean a +1 to Pakistan:pakistan:, and that's is something that most Pakistani's don't seem to want to believe. You should aspire more to develop your own nation:pakistan: and not stare at awe in the shadow of another:china:.

The real problems between China And India is obviously the border issue. Both countries are to blame for this India in the 60's and China now in the present. Oblivious claiming India should have accepted Chairman Mao's concessions back in the 60's as a gesture of friendship. But in our arrogance, we let let pride cloud our judgments , and we all now how history was written.Mistakes were made , Yes But that was then what about now?

China has made the claim that the entire state of Archangel Pradesh
which is home to millions of Indian citizens that have lived there for generations. Now China is the one with the forward policy making demands that cant possibly be met or agreed to. India is willing to concede its claim in Aksai chin but china wants Arunachal PRadesh.

This is the Flash point to the hostility between both nations. But what is the fuel, well simply Its India's rapid growth that seems to possible mirror that of China's. Which unfortunately means That due to India and China's lack of cooperation in the present , both nations are most likely to be in direct competition with each other on the global stage in the near future over meeting energy need's, natural resources , and diplomatic influence.
If we can build a foundation of cooperation now then the future can be far more beneficial to both countries.:cheers:

But you may ask why is China adopting this policy of not conceding its claim of Archanchel Pradesh. Simply its due to Geo-political. China has far more power and diplomatic influence now then India , and it wants to take advantage of it to widen the gap between India and China as much as possible, China's growth will need to bottom out as with any other economic cycle. and coincidentally this bottoming out is set to occur when India's growth will be reaching full speed, India has the potential to catch up to China at this time.

But why would China be concerned about this simply put the first century of the new millennium has a name it the "China century", And India has no place in it as a global power. China has been driven by one goal to be no 1, to revive the Middle Kingdom to all its glory, a noble task. that is being shouldered by the Chinese people. Things always don't go as planned India's rise was not expected by anyone not even the Indian's expected the progress we have made in the last 20 years. The sooner China can learn to share this century with little brother India. and change the "china century" to the "China-India century", The more positive the future China India relations will be.:cheers:

the way they react to the changes , and their decision on whether to use an iron fist or velvet glove in their dealings will, be the guiding factor for future relations. We need to focus on trying to influence that decision not on what happened back in the 50's or 60's. it is nearly 50 years ago from this date, I think that's enough time to both forgive and forget don't you?

In China, I met some Indians, there are students、hotels security guards etc., They have never been bullied by any chinese,we treat them equally.

That's good to hear, only if our governments can also interact in a similar fashion. It would be better for all.

You are very correct, I have been to shangai ... I was a bit tensed , Might be because It was my first time I was away from my country, some insecurity feeling haunted me... But Believe me, The people in china well cultured .... They made me feel at home.. They are very friendly... We must respect them for sure..:smitten::smitten:

You are very correct, I have been to shangai ... I was a bit tensed , Might be because It was my first time I was away from my country, some insecurity feeling haunted me... But Believe me, The people in china well cultured .... They made me feel at home.. They are very friendly... We must respect them for sure..:smitten::smitten:

Thank you ,sir.
I appreciate your frankness! As you know,recently many Indians and Chinese have been worried about the border negotiations between India and China .

We know that in this warm atmosphere, it's very difficult to suppress their emotions. I believe that many young and promising young people are reluctant involve in the war for the selfish politicians. Sometimes, it is helpless.

The China-India Rivalry: Watching the Border
By ISHAAN THAROOR Wednesday, Aug. 19, 2009

It's a sign of how delicate feelings are between Asia's two rising powers that an obscure blog post can cause an international incident. Just recently, Indian newspapers circulated the incendiary comments of an essay published on a nationalist Chinese website. The essay — authored under the pen name Zhanlue, or "strategy" in Mandarin — suggested that it was in Beijing's interest to support insurgencies on India's borderlands that could eventually dismember the diverse Indian federal state. The uproar in India over this provocation forced officials in New Delhi to respond, saying that "the article in question ... does not accord with the official state position of China on India-China relations." That bland assertion, though, does little to stanch a lingering anxiety, particularly in India, that tensions between the two giants will inexorably come to a tipping point. "There cannot be two suns in the sky," warns Zhanlue's post.

The hubbub over the essay came at a moment when Indian and Chinese officials were engaged in a round of largely futile talks over long-standing disputes along their mountainous 1,060-mile (1,700 km) border. A war fought between the two countries in 1962 was brief, but its legacy remains rancorous, with both New Delhi and Beijing claiming chunks of land now patrolled by the other's troops. Though sparsely populated, the contested territories, from a sliver of Kashmir to the entirety of Arunachal Pradesh, a northeastern state in India that China imagines is part of Tibet, are heavily militarized.

While both nations are engaged in a budding geopolitical chess match across Asia—building naval bases abroad and enhancing ties with smaller regional powers—the rugged Himalayan frontier remains the chief fault line for potential hostilities. Zhanlue's post recommended helping militants across the border in Assam realize their separatist ambitions in the near future—a proposal that feeds into the convictions of Indian hawks like retired army officer Bharat Verma, who warned in the Indian Defence Review in July that China would attempt, covertly or otherwise, to attack India by 2012.

Many China watchers have dismissed the essay as a product of China's frenetic and often hyper-nationalist community of Netizen bloggers. The Danwei blog, a respected China commentator, says that elements of Zhanlue's essay have appeared on Chinese websites since 2005. The essay's premise —that India can be easily dissolved into its composite, regional parts—displays a naivete few actual policy experts would be capable of. Nonetheless, some Indian analysts see Zhanlue's ambition as part of an internal, chest-thumping dialogue within China that the rulers in Beijing don't wish to discourage.

Despite India and China's ever expanding trade ties and the occasional cuddly platitudes uttered by their leaders, the intractable border dispute is a fundamental impasse in their relations. China has negotiated boundary settlements with virtually all of its other neighbors—even with Japan, an old and bitter foe—but refuses to drop its Indian claims. In India, growing awareness of the gulf between the two countries, from China's colossal foreign-exchange reserves to its ballooning military spending, has also heightened concern within certain policy circles.
There's also a disconnect between how the public in both countries perceive each other. Indian wariness rubs up against what is, at best, Chinese indifference—at worst, contempt. Ask most Chinese, and they will tell you India is a backward, chaotic place, bereft of decent infrastructure and burdened by hideous poverty. It has no part in the vision projected by Beijing of the 21st century as a Chinese one, a sense of grand historic purpose accepted by the bulk of China's population. The confident certainty behind Zhanlue's spurious post that China could break India with minimal fuss into 20 or 30 pieces is, if nothing else, an expression of a larger disdain.

But the underlying irony is that China, not India, remains the nation more threatened by the specter of ethnic separatism. The Uighurs of Xinjiang and the Tibetans to their south number fewer than, say, Kashmiris and Assamese in India, yet their aspirations for nationhood garner much greater global sympathy. This is chiefly the fault of Beijing, whose uncompromising, authoritarian rule has pushed certain minorities to the brink and transformed dissident leaders in exile into enduring spiritual anchors for their people.

Indeed, China could do worse than to look at India, a country that has managed to live with its proverbial million mutinies by safeguarding regional languages and cultures and, most importantly, letting the poor and marginalized throw out their local rulers every election cycle. Perhaps a time may come, then, when rather than spying weaknesses in India's multi-ethnic landscape, strategists in Beijing may draw inspiration from their neighbor's pluralism. In an era of great-power gamesmanship, that may be wishful thinking. But it surely is a better path than the one walked by the warmongers and doomsayers on both sides.

Nah, India will not seek US approval. US is not on India's side. The State Dept. is full of people who dislike the Indians, since India and the Soviet Union were de facto allies during the Cold War. Besides, US-China relations are too important to risk over India, which remains a bit player.

I do agree with you that Indians like to brag. However, I think many in India genuinely believe that they are a superpower, or at least will be by 2020. Pipe dreams, I know. Indians just don't know better, but we do, and India's boastfulness is a great source of comedic relief :D

China Vs India

Dear Guys ,
:china:China has done a great job in competeing with West . West wants India and China to fight . India is progressing very fast . They are II nd to china in Steel , Cement , Pharma , Iron Ore , etc . India is goint to spend 400 Billion $ on Infrastructure in this plan . China has a huge oppurtunity as many engineering firms would be engaged and Chinese Engineering firms should bid and get a minimum of 50-60% Business. China 's has overtaken Amresica s India's largest trading partner . Do worry about Pakistan ... Its a gone case . Chinese are very good business men and they will dump Pakistan when it comes to their own country's Intrest . Come on China ... there is an oppurtunity of 400 Billion $ . China is building Power Plants in SagarDighe in India , BALCO -- Alumnium Plants in Madhya Pradesh . China should forge strong ties with India . India too benefits as we get to use best Engineering at lower cost .

Thank you ,sir.
I appreciate your frankness! As you know,recently many Indians and Chinese have been worried about the border negotiations between India and China .

We know that in this warm atmosphere, it's very difficult to suppress their emotions. I believe that many young and promising young people are reluctant involve in the war for the selfish politicians. Sometimes, it is helpless.

China Vs India

Dear Guys ,
I have been to China i.e bejing and shanghai quiet few times . They are outstanding . China has done a great job in competeing with West . West wants India and China to fight . India is progressing very fast . They are II nd to china in Steel , Cement , Pharma , Iron Ore , etc . India is goint to spend 400 Billion $ on Infrastructure in this plan . China has a huge oppurtunity as many engineering firms would be engaged and Chinese Engineering firms should bid and get a minimum of 50-60% Business. China 's has overtaken Amresica s India's largest trading partner . Do worry about Pakistan ... Its a gone case . Chinese are very good business men and they will dump Pakistan when it comes to their own country's Intrest . Come on China ... there is an oppurtunity of 400 Billion $ . China is building Power Plants in SagarDighe in India , BALCO -- Alumnium Plants in Madhya Pradesh . China should forge strong ties with India . India too benefits as we get to use best Engineering at lower cost . :cheers:

Agreed . China treats guest very well . No doubt in that .
China Vs India
:cheers: I have been to China i.e bejing and shanghai quiet few times . They are outstanding . China has done a great job in competeing with West . West wants India and China to fight . India is progressing very fast . They are II nd to china in Steel , Cement , Pharma , Iron Ore , etc . India is goint to spend 400 Billion $ on Infrastructure in this plan . China has a huge oppurtunity as many engineering firms would be engaged and Chinese Engineering firms should bid and get a minimum of 50-60% Business. China 's has overtaken Amresica s India's largest trading partner . Do worry about Pakistan ... Its a gone case . Chinese are very good business men and they will dump Pakistan when it comes to their own country's Intrest . Come on China ... there is an oppurtunity of 400 Billion $ . China is building Power Plants in SagarDighe in India , BALCO -- Alumnium Plants in Madhya Pradesh . China should forge strong ties with India . India too benefits as we get to use best Engineering at lower cost .

We tried to contain india in the sub-continent just as US tried to contain us in aisa. No more, No less.

The game of geo-politics have always been like this and will always be

Nothing personal````````````and hope that we could play it politely and fair.
:angel:

China Vs India

:cheers::china: I have been to China i.e bejing and shanghai quiet few times . They are outstanding . China has done a great job in competeing with West . West wants India and China to fight . India is progressing very fast . They are II nd to china in Steel , Cement , Pharma , Iron Ore , etc . India is goint to spend 400 Billion $ on Infrastructure in this plan . China has a huge oppurtunity as many engineering firms would be engaged and Chinese Engineering firms should bid and get a minimum of 50-60% Business. China 's has overtaken Amresica s India's largest trading partner . Do worry about Pakistan ... Its a gone case . Chinese are very good business men and they will dump Pakistan when it comes to their own country's Intrest . Come on China ... there is an oppurtunity of 400 Billion $ . China is building Power Plants in SagarDighe in India , BALCO -- Alumnium Plants in Madhya Pradesh . China should forge strong ties with India . India too benefits as we get to use best Engineering at lower cost .

Completely unfounded, there are few here who desire war with India.

China Vs India

Dear Guys ,
:cheers::china:I have been to China i.e bejing and shanghai quiet few times . They are outstanding . China has done a great job in competeing with West . West wants India and China to fight . India is progressing very fast . They are II nd to china in Steel , Cement , Pharma , Iron Ore , etc . India is goint to spend 400 Billion $ on Infrastructure in this plan . China has a huge oppurtunity as many engineering firms would be engaged and Chinese Engineering firms should bid and get a minimum of 50-60% Business. China 's has overtaken Amresica s India's largest trading partner . Do worry about Pakistan ... Its a gone case . Chinese are very good business men and they will dump Pakistan when it comes to their own country's Intrest . Come on China ... there is an oppurtunity of 400 Billion $ . China is building Power Plants in SagarDighe in India , BALCO -- Alumnium Plants in Madhya Pradesh . China should forge strong ties with India . India too benefits as we get to use best Engineering at lower cost .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom