What's new

Chinese Flanker Family: J-11, J-16 ... Su-27SK/UBK, Su-30MKK

What Flanker is this bird is? The radome doesn't has a lance model antenna, but it has only 1 pilot. So It can't be J-16. And it doesn't has canard, so it can't be J-15. So what is it? SU-35, J-11D, or new Chinese Flanker model?

Sorry, that I did not add a caption: It's a CG showing the J-11D.

Edit :
And you said that it is an old model J-11A or SU-27SK? How can it be?

Why is this an issue? china still has several Brigades of these early model Flankers in service. Not all are using the J-11B.

Sorry, that I did not add a caption: It's a CG showing the J-11D.

Why is this an issue? china still has several Brigades of these early model Flankers in service. Not all are using the J-11B.

Well, I thought you said that that bird is J-11A or SU-27SK, so I was confuse. Because it doesn't has a lance type antenna on the radome. I thought that,"Heh, J-11A doesn't use lance type antenna at the radome? Is it true?"

Well, I thought you said that that bird is J-11A or SU-27SK, so I was confuse. Because it doesn't has a lance type antenna on the radome. I thought that,"Heh, J-11A doesn't use lance type antenna at the radome? Is it true?"

Pardon, but what do You mean with "lance type antenna at the radome"??

IMO it is quite simple to differ a J-11A/Su-27SK from a J-11B. Only J-11B and BS have a black radome, while all older variants have a grey one with that characteristic notch painted.
However so far I did not find any conclusive difference to differ a J-11A from a Su-27SK.

J-11A vs J-11B.jpg

By the way, any idea, what's that pod or store under the left intake (in the image right)?? The other pod is a KG600 ECM.
23875534987_60fa83d3d1_k.jpg

Last edited:
Pardon, but what do You mean with "lance type antenna at the radome"??

IMO it is quite simple to differ a J-11A/Su-27SK from a J-11B. Only J-11B and BS have a black radome, while all older variants have a grey one with that characteristic notch painted.
However so far I did not find any conclusive difference to differ a J-11A from a Su-27SK.

View attachment 439852

lance mean that pointy stick at the front of the radome. It's not the radome, but the pointy stick type antenna at the front of the radome.

lance mean that pointy stick at the front of the radome. It's not the radome, but the pointy stick type antenna at the front of the radome.

So You mean a pitot?? All CHinese Flankers have this ... only the J-16 with it's AESA has no pitot in front of the radome.

J-11A vs J-11B - J-16.jpg

So You mean a pitot?? All CHinese Flankers have this ... only the J-16 with it's AESA has no pitot in front of the radome.

View attachment 439856

Yes, at last!!! :D it is. That yellow flanker CG doesn't has pitot, so I was confused because you said about old design as J-11A and SU-27SK, when you quote Han or something at the post he said about WS-10 engine. So maybe we have some miss understanding here :)

PLAAF 40th brigade under Eastern Theater Command :D

Really ??? I read that link/report just the moment too, but these are J-16, whereas the other image shown as proof for the 40. Brigade is clearly a J-11A:
J-11A 65512 - 40. Brig - 20171128 part.jpg

J-11A 65416 - 40. Brig - 20171128 mod.jpg

Thanks ... but I remain sceptical until I see a confirmed serial number.

Back
Top Bottom