What's new

Chinese Flanker Family: J-11, J-16 ... Su-27SK/UBK, Su-30MKK

What do you think that makes such move necessary?
What's wrong with the Chinese directors? It's been sooooo long since the last good Air Force flick by Hollywood : Top Gun (1986). I seriously doubt Hollywood would be a good replacement to direct PLAAF movies...

Yes ... but they are not always wrong and therefore I ask.
Until we get clear new J-11B serials, the rumors can't be considered valid ...

What's wrong with the Chinese directors? It's been sooooo long since the last good Air Force flick by Hollywood : Top Gun (1986). I seriously doubt Hollywood would be a good replacement to direct PLAAF movies...

Until we get clear new J-11B serials, the rumors can't be considered valid ...

Any new updates on the J-11D? It seems to be taking an awfully long time to debut.

Any new updates on the J-11D? It seems to be taking an awfully long time to debut.
If recent rumors of the J-11B production restart is true, that does not bode well for the J-11D. I thought they were making revisions to the J-11D but we haven't seen it in more than 2 years ... they haven't given up on the project but aren't necessarily making too much progress either I presume

If recent rumors of the J-11B production restart is true, that does not bode well for the J-11D. I thought they were making revisions to the J-11D but we haven't seen it in more than 2 years ... they haven't given up on the project but aren't necessarily making too much progress either I presume
After they get Su35, they will try to modify J11D accordingly.

:D:D

J11D.png

134028ja42aq8q4wey5m4h.png

How likely is it that these are J-16?

Or given the fact that we saw several times one J-11D + one J-16 together I assume these are exactly these two birds. On one of then the canopy looks longer.

How likely is it that these are J-16?

Or given the fact that we saw several times one J-11D + one J-16 together I assume these are exactly these two birds. On one of then the canopy looks longer.

These images were taken on 09.08.2017. J-16 in yellow primer at DX? Not very likely.

These images were taken on 09.08.2017. J-16 in yellow primer at DX? Not very likely.

Unlikely but not impossible esp. since this pair was on tour at several locations all over China last year and this "combo" looks remarkable similar. :-)

J-11D + J-16 - 10.9.16 high altitude testing 5.jpg
J-11D + J-16 - 10.9.16 high altitude testing 1.jpg
J-11D + J-16 - 10.9.16 high altitude testing 4.jpg

A standard J-11B regiment, 25 officers. The focal point is the right side of the picture, a "pulse Doppler radar flat slot antenna" spotted for the 1st time (i'm not sure if the translation of the term( 首见脉冲多普勒雷达的平板缝隙天线) is correct, strict from google translate) 标准的歼11B团,25名飞官。亮点是右边那架首见脉冲多普勒雷达的平板缝隙天线。
y5HLxMy.png
2yOMoBA.jpg

Does this mean that the J-11D is under evaluation or pre-production? Because a photo of a J-11D prototype doesn't tell us much, IMO.

Recalling old picture ... ...
PLAAF ~ Su-30MKK + J-11A

Are these Su-30MKK patrolling ECS ADIZ day and night ?
Are they causing so much Fear and Sleepless night among JPN F-15J pilots ?

View attachment 426857
Oh come on! Let's not make those types of condescending comments towards the Japanese alright? I'm sure that they know how to counter any enemy threat, just like how the PLAAF knows how to counter the Japanese. And I'm really not sure if F-35 and F-15/F-2 equipped Japanese pilots would panic over a 20+ years old Su-27SK or Su-30MKK for all that matter. China really shouldn't underestimate the potency of the Japanese; the latter takes the PLAAF very seriously.

Back
Top Bottom