What's new

Chinese Flanker Family: J-11, J-16 ... Su-27SK/UBK, Su-30MKK

They are mainly used as training aircraft. The PLAAF does not have a blank check you know :what:

I know but flying a J-7 is just usless in 21st century, might as well save these money and energy on these worthless jet.

I know but flying a J-7 is just usless in 21st century, might as well save these money and energy on these worthless jet.
The energy demands and maintenance of the J-7 are minimal, unlike newer 4th/5th generation fighter jets. The same goes for the PLA's obselete inventory of Type 59 tanks; they're easy to maintain and still quite reliable.

The energy demands and maintenance of the J-7 are minimal, unlike newer 4th/5th generation fighter jets. The same goes for the PLA's obselete inventory of Type 59 tanks; they're easy to maintain and still quite reliable.

So what is the point to develop 4th/5th gen fighter is to save some cost than save the nation...LMAO

So what is the point to develop 4th/5th gen fighter is to save some cost than save the nation...LMAO
Excuse me, but why does the US only have 183 F-22 fighters while still having thousands of 30 year old F-16's and F-15's? This is not a simply black or while situation ..

Excuse me, but why does the US only have 183 F-22 fighters while still having thousands of 30 year old F-16's and F-15's? This is not a simply black or while situation ..

C'mon give me a break, compare an obsoletes J-7 to F-16? I just hope what Chinese government know what they're doing, Japan even retired their F1 and phantom F-4 while keep the best of the best on operation such F2, F-15J...anyway I said what I have to say.

C'mon give me a break, compare an obsoletes J-7 to F-16? I just hope what Chinese government know what they're doing, Japan even retired their F1 and phantom F-4 while keep the best of the best on operation such F2, F-15J...anyway I said what I have to say.
What are you even talking about? Japan has a much smaller Air Force than China. And besides, the J-7 still serves as an excellent trainer, to the point that they were discontinued only in 2013. The PLAAF is never going to use it in combat; it is primarily in training and reserve. Unfortunately, the PLA does not have an unlimited budget.

What are you even talking about? Japan has a much smaller Air Force than China. And besides, the J-7 still serves as an excellent trainer, to the point that they were discontinued only in 2013. The PLAAF is never going to use it in combat; it is primarily in training and reserve. Unfortunately, the PLA does not have an unlimited budget.

Then tell me honestly, are these pilots trained with J-7 will be fully capable to operate 3th, 4th and 5th gen fighters and meet modern air combat environment condition? sure we don't have unlimited budget but I rather use this money to train less with sophisticate fighter than train a lot with obsolete fighter.

Then tell me honestly, are these pilots trained with J-7 will be fully capable to operate 3th, 4th and 5th gen fighters and meet modern air combat environment condition? sure we don't have unlimited budget but I rather use this money to train less with sophisticate fighter than train a lot with obsolete fighter.
You have to walk before you run. Pilots don't immediately get assigned to a J-11B (I presume). They must undergo dozens of hours on these older aircraft. And in terms of avionics, the latest J-7's are actually quite modern so it isn't exactly a "quantum" leap to 4th generation.

Guys ... can we leave out the J-7 discussion ?? Fact is, the PLAAF has still several in service even if we don't like it ...

So go out and search for new J-15-images, or where is the J-11D ???

Deino

Guys ... can we leave out the J-7 discussion ?? Fact is, the PLAAF has still several in service even if we don't like it ...

So go out and search for new J-15-images, or where is the J-11D ???

Deino
According to recent posts on Chinese forums, the J-11D is not cancelled and is still undergoing modifications similar to the transition to the FC-31V2. It is a much more capable plane than the J-11D prototype of April 2015. But that is where the rumors end unfortunately ... But the J-11D is not cancelled, despite the "rumors".

According to recent posts on Chinese forums, the J-11D is not cancelled and is still undergoing modifications similar to the transition to the FC-31V2. It is a much more capable plane than the J-11D prototype of April 2015. But that is where the rumors end unfortunately ... But the J-11D is not cancelled, despite the "rumors".

How credible are these rumors? If it is true that the J-11D is undergoing a revision comparable to that between the FC-31V1 and FC-31V2, we could potentially see airframe changes or even application of RCS-reducing measures in its fuselage. Engine and avionics upgrades are, of course, never out of the question as well.

Interesting new, J-16 will replace several jets, don't know if it's truth or child play video but I will be glad that JH-7 is include in the plan.

Interesting new, J-16 will replace several jets, don't know if it's truth or child play video but I will be glad that JH-7 is include in the plan.

Whaaaat? JH-7? Don't you know that JH-7A beat SU-34 in Aviadart? JH-7A platform is still good even in today aircraft standard.

Whaaaat? JH-7? Don't you know that JH-7A beat SU-34 in Aviadart? JH-7A platform is still good even in today aircraft standard.
Yeah, and both of them are dedicated strike fighters. The surprising thing is the Su-35S only beat the J-10 on air-ground combat (no air-air exercises), with both jets not being dedicated fighter-bombers.

Back
Top Bottom