What's new

Chinese firms join race to supply locos to Railways

Indians love Chinese goods. It's good that we have conquered the Indian market in various industries.

Stupidity at its best, what china goods ur talking about the cheap quality and lowest priced junk that people buy just for use and throw?

BTW, the chinese won't we allowed to supply any chinese goods to Indian Railways.

Just put some strain on brain and use ur high IQ to read the news again. The chinese companies have to invest and manufacture locomotives in India only so its Made in India goods not chinese. :wave:

really, still on the quality thing.

We can build space stations, and man space flight, have the largest train network. Other than the one incident that happened, btw all nations have accidents, spain more recently, we are below the Indian standard?

I know insulting Chinese products is like a hobby, but at least get some facts straight.

its not us who said that..:whistle:
Low Quality Production: Chinese Locomotive menufecturer black listed in Pakistan | The News Tribe
Pakistan Railways blacklists Chinese company after Rs17 billion loss
Pakistan buying 150 railway engines in emergency
http://beta.dawn.com/news/724330/chinese-locomotives

anyway aslong as they give good competition meeting all the standards anybody is welcome.

I hope it doesnt happen like last time. Pakistan had to blacklist Chinese companies after heavy loss.

Do not worry. They will fail in technical evaluation.

Where is Hafizzz? I want to know his views on this.

This is what happens when you go for substandard goods. Whole Pakistan railway is crippled and pushed to $16 bn loss. Life cycle cost goes many time high.

Imagine a scenario if Pakistan had bought this engines from India or some other European country. They may be operating them nicely. But Pakistan paid the price for his Chinese passion. They will pay many such price in future if they do not awake in time.

Bardhan is communist so he often talks BS. Our trade with China is reaching $100bn. Where is the Discrimination. Chinese Goods are substandard that is a fact. Yesterday I went to buy a small table for my brother. The shop keeper said if you have a child in your house, Do not buy Chinese table. It will not last for more than couple of months. Many who have buy it looking at its appearance are repenting now. I show many band pipes of chinese tables in show room. I think that Chinese goods is considered as substandard in Pakistan also. Why do you advocate otherwise which is known to all.

China produces a variety of qualities to cater for every market, including extremely cheap markets such as India/Pakistan etc. A colleague recently visited India on training for a month and is most impressed at the Chinese development. He also told us how electronics in China are generally more expensive then they are in Pakistan because the Chinese market demands better quality and is willing to pay more then us Pakistanis.

People in Pakistan/India generally want the cheapest available item, longevity is not the primary concern of the buyer. There is a very small elite class that can afford to buy Apple/Samsung for their kids.

Upfront cost of Chinese products maybe low, but recurring cost is much higher because of the questionable quality. Chinese locos faced serious quality issues in many countries, a simple google search will reveal that. (Pakistanis learned it the hard way). We should be very cautious and take into account all factors before deciding on this.

God save the Indian Railways!!

The quality of Chinese products depend upon the order your importer places. He may choose anywhere from 3-7 varieties of quality. The Chinese items that we get in European/Western countries is generally much better in quality, so much so that it can compete aggressively with any branded product.

China produces a variety of qualities to cater for every market, including extremely cheap markets such as India/Pakistan etc. A colleague recently visited India on training for a month and is most impressed at the Chinese development. He also told us how electronics in China are generally more expensive then they are in Pakistan because the Chinese market demands better quality and is willing to pay more then us Pakistanis.

People in Pakistan/India generally want the cheapest available item, longevity is not the primary concern of the buyer. There is a very small elite class that can afford to buy Apple/Samsung for their kids.
Here we are talking bout the INDIAN RAILWAYS. And you cant compare PR with IR.

The quality of Chinese products depend upon the order your importer places. He may choose anywhere from 3-7 varieties of quality. The Chinese items that we get in European/Western countries is generally much better in quality, so much so that it can compete aggressively with any branded product.

This agree on. I have been to China.Consumer goods have quality. But the industrial goods are still lacking. I know about the chinese quality of oil rigs is not good compared to the ones that Russians or US based companies make.

Gosh, are you literate? Read the ENTIRE article that I posted.

no i'm an illiterate im communicating in martian with u.
this is what ur post says

Many insiders in Railways mentioned on Youtube and media that the real reason why the Locomotives failed was usage of "SLUDGE"

How is sludge formed? When normal oil ... goes thru engine , and this oil is stays in engine over long time , and never replaced by regular maintenance , its thickens .. and this forming sludge

This eventually damages the engines

Engineers stated that Pakistan railways untrained workers , did not regularly replace the engine oils and they kept putting in oil that was taken out of another engine , they did not bother to buy FRESH clean oil for engines , and this neglect caused damage to certain engine parts due to neglect of Pakistan Railways workers

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/econom...ese-lococomotives-pakistan.html#ixzz2h7oyA1m5

so u mean ur locomotives are in excellent quality and they failed only because of the poor maintenance of pakistanis.(wonder what @Hafizzz thinks abt this claim :rofl: he even thaked u for ur post) but even assuming that they failed due to the poor maintenance why did not other locomotives fail? why did only chinese ones failed??

Last edited by a moderator:
so u mean ur locomotives are in excellent quality and they failed only because of the poor maintenance of pakistanis.(wonder what @Hafizzz thinks abt this claim :rofl: he even thaked u for ur post) but even assuming that they failed due to the poor maintenance why did not other locomotives fail? why did only chinese ones failed??

Do you considered Japanese car reliable? Have you owned a Japanese car and a German car? Why the first service interval for Jap car is 5,000 km while Germans can go 15,000km?

Are you so naive not to know that all engines and mechanical parts are built differently with different servicing requirement?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom