What's new

Chinese bomber exercise affirms air-defence identification zone, penetrates Second Island Chain

You'd better pray that the frequent component-falling issues of the F15J is caused by bad maintainance. Otherwise it will make people feel doubtful on the real capabilities of the Japanese.

Let me post you the Japanese news on the consecutive parts falling incidents of F15J again. But I guess you will still be blind to it. Because fact is too cruel to you.
View attachment 276645

You are absolutely right.

The F15J the pride of Japan in the 70s but today its airframe is expiring and tired. Any high G maneuver or turn may simply ripped the wing apart like what happened to USAF F15.

China Air Force has already retired its remaining SU-27 which she acquired from Russia in mid-90's.

Tell me more on that. It's very interesting.
I don't outrate the F15J, but I think if F15J can't intercept some slow bombers cross the Miyako strait, they are crappy.
@Nihonjin1051
nhan-dien-at-chu-bai-dai-bang-f15-cua-khong-quan-nhat.jpg

F15J to intercept some slow bombers cross the Miyako strait... Haha, are you taking about a computer game that you could easily design the scenario? Such thing you expect will NEVER happen in real world. In case a war happens between China and Japan in the short future, the most likely scenario is that the H6K launches the cruise missiles at the sky of the inner-land of China. How can your mighty F15J to deal with this??

Let me repeat the following facts to you, although they are cruel to you indeed:
  • the F15J fleet is too old! Its airframe thereof becomes fragile, that's why you could see so many news of "components falling from a flying F15J"!
  • only a small portion of the F15J own BVR capability. And given its age, it doesn't make sense to upgrade the entire F15J fleet to be BVR-capable
  • Japan doesn't have sufficient financial resources to renewal its old fleet. Since the last F2 delivered in 2011, there has been almost five years that Japan doesn't get any new fighters. And such phenomenon will continue till the first F35 arrives in Japan in about 2020.
  • China currently owns ~750 3rd-generation fighters, 3x of what Japan owns. (source: RAND)
  • China currently makes ~70 new fighters a year (source: RAND), or <4years required for China to replicate another JP Airforce, but with grand new fighters, 100% BVR capable, much more advanced electronics stuff.
  • With the aging F15J, and more and more new fighters added to PLA, the already-huge-gap between China and Japan will therefore be expanding greatly even further!
  • Even the F35 could not help. Because it won't take too more time for China to make its J20 ready.
That's the reality today. But I guess you prefer to stay in the 1980s' or 1990s' dream forever.

F15J to intercept some slow bombers cross the Miyako strait... Haha, are you taking about a computer game that you could easily design the scenario? Such thing you expect will NEVER happen in real world. In case a war happens between China and Japan in the short future, the most likely scenario is that the H6K launches the cruise missiles at the sky of the inner-land of China. How can your mighty F15J to deal with this??

Read the title of the thread again.

Read the title of the thread again.

What's the wrong with the title? The exercise shows China's capability to penetrate to the Second Island China, but it doesn't mean it is the only way for China to use its bombers in war time.

Just like US may send its aircraft carriers to run some humanitarian missions. Does it mean the carriers have to be strictly used for humanitarian missions only?

Last edited:
What's the wrong with the title? The exercise shows China's capability to penetrate to the Second Island China, but it doesn't mean it is the only way for China to use its bombers in war time.

Just like US may send its aircraft carriers to run some humanitarian missions. Does it mean the carriers have to be strictly used for humanitarian missions only?

your H6k is older.

your H6k is older.

Haha, H6 is old, but H6K is grand new bombers! Much younger than the grandpa F15J.

The key feature of H6K is that it is a "launcher on the sky for six cruise missiles", which makes H6K a great fit for a potential war in East Asia in near future. Its origin from Russian Tu16? So what? Can this origin help F15J to shoot down the H6K that flying over the inner land of China?

If B29 could be developed to be such a launcher, it will show great power to other countries as well. There exists no stupid weapons, but the stupid person that could not distinguish the differences between 1980s' and 2010s'.

Haha, H6 is old, but H6K is grand new bombers! Much younger than the grandpa F15J.

The key feature of H6K is that it is a "launcher on the sky for six cruise missiles", which makes H6K a great fit for a potential war in East Asia in near future. Its origin from Russian Tu16? So what? Can this origin help F15J to shoot down the H6K that flying over the inner land of China?

If B29 could be developed to be such a launcher, it will show great power to other countries as well. There exists no stupid weapons, but the stupid person that could not distinguish the differences between 1980s' and 2010s'.

so brilliant you are "H6K would launch missiles inner mainland"

LOL

We realized a big change in Japan policy.
They start to develop their own advance fighters again after several decades, instead of buying popular designs from US.

If I'm not wrong, Japan would build their own carrier-based fighters.
I'm ever very surprised to know that Japan designed and built submerged carrier-based bombers during WW2, planned 18

I-400
I400hRK.jpg

We realized a big change in Japan policy.
They start to develop their own advance fighters again after several decades, instead of buying popular designs from US.

If I'm not wrong, Japan would build their own carrier-based fighters.
I'm ever very surprised to know that Japan designed and built submerged carrier-based bombers during WW2, planned 18

I-400
I400hRK.jpg
US won't allow Japan to develop its own military system. And meanwhile Japan doesn't have the capability to build an independent military industry system from US. Too late. The best chance for Japan is back to 1985 to 1995

US won't allow Japan to develop its own military system. And meanwhile Japan doesn't have the capability to build an independent military industry system from US. Too late. The best chance for Japan is back to 1985 to 1995

too late for what. Notice the big change after their retranslation of constitution. Shinzo Abe even said nowaday Japanese ppl dont need to say Sorry for the WW2 criminals.

How about 2025?

the change doesn't limit to their internal issue but cover their cooperation with others as India, Australia...

Last edited:
@Deino
Time to close this thread or else that Vietcong will continue to go offtopic again. He already received a warning not to troll, but it seems he doesn't take the warning all that seriously. If he doesn't change it would be best to ban him.

I think @Hu Songshan should be made moderator in this section considering he is a Chinese and @Deino is not.
Hu Songshan did an excellent job of moderating this section before but since the moderating powers were transferred to some German guy, this section has gone downhill.

@WebMaster @Horus @waz can you please make the Chinese moderator @Hu Songshan moderator of this section too?

Thankyou

I think @Hu Songshan should be made moderator in this section considering he is a Chinese and @Deino is not.
Hu Songshan did an excellent job of moderating this section before but since the moderating powers were transferred to some German guy, this section has gone downhill.

@WebMaster @Horus @waz can you please make the Chinese moderator @Hu Songshan moderator of this section too?

Thankyou

Deino is doing a good job, he already warned that troll once. If that troll likes to discuss about US,Russian or Japanese military he can do that in the respective section but what we see here is he just don't know when to quit. There's a good reason why he was permanently banned from the Far East section. This section would be clean again if he was absent.

Deino is doing a good job, he already warned that troll once. If that troll likes to discuss about US,Russian or Japanese military he can do that in the respective section but what we see here is he just don't know when to quit. There's a good reason why he was permanently banned from the Far East section. This section would be clean again if he was absent.

I agree, Deino is doing a good job as the moderator. I also think BoQ77 should stop to discuss about US, Russian, Japanese and Vietnam Military in here. This is Chinese Defence Forum, we are discussing China hardware here. Not the others.

But I think that it is also the fault of Chinese members in here too. We know about this quote "Don't feed the troll". So just ignore him. Don't feed him with juicy reason to troll further.

Thankyou

I still mod this section between Deino and me we both do. I unfortunately haven't been on for the past 3 days because of my university work and my job, mods are not on 24/7. Deino has done a great job here as well.

I still mod this section between Deino and me we both do. I unfortunately haven't been on for the past 3 days because of my university work and my job, mods are not on 24/7. Deino has done a great job here as well.

Ok thanks. I thought you were removed for some reason. Great to hear you are still moderating this section.

Back
Top Bottom