What's new

Chinese Air Force (PLAAF) News & Discussions

1st upgraded KJ-2000 :enjoy:

102029xejjyyjma0jj0dgh.png

1st upgraded KJ-2000 :enjoy:

Any info on what systems were upgraded ?

a personal question mate``can you read Chinese?

Honestly ... not ! But I have many friend who are more than helpful and if - as in case of that paper above - are willing to help with a translation.
I know this is my biggest obstacle in my interest in Chinese aviation matters, but since English at school was already a mess, France was a pure failure ... I think I will have to live with that.

Regarding this paper, I know it's not a bomber or UAV but a concept for a transport !

The appropriate way to ask him is: "Können Sie chinesische lesen?"

:enjoy:

The appropriate way to ask him is: "Können Sie chinesische lesen?"
your just being naughty```:D

Any info on what systems were upgraded ?

Honestly ... not ! But I have many friend who are more than helpful and if - as in case of that paper above - are willing to help with a translation.
I know this is my biggest obstacle in my interest in Chinese aviation matters, but since English at school was already a mess, France was a pure failure ... I think I will have to live with that.

Regarding this paper, I know it's not a bomber or UAV but a concept for a transport !

:enjoy:
thats great``if you need any help just give me a shout``I do have few channels of providing sweets``:lol:

Hmmm ... I was just comparing the latest GE-images esp. at Xi'an-Yanliang and I'm surprised that there are so many "new" (??) or at least yellow coloured JH-7s are standing around.
a050.gif

With new information in regard to any new unit since years and as such the conclusion, that the production has maybe even ended, nearly nothing on the JH-7B ... so what's going on there ??

Are these "simply" older JH-7As during regular depot-maintenance ? .. or are they undergoing a MLU-program maybe even to JH-7B standard ... or is the production still running ??

Deino

JH-7A or even B - several new at XAC - 26.12.15.jpg

Hmmm ... I was just comparing the latest GE-images esp. at Xi'an-Yanliang and I'm surprised that there are so many "new" (??) or at least yellow coloured JH-7s are standing around.
a050.gif

With new information in regard to any new unit since years and as such the conclusion, that the production has maybe even ended, nearly nothing on the JH-7B ... so what's going on there ??

Are these "simply" older JH-7As during regular depot-maintenance ? .. or are they undergoing a MLU-program maybe even to JH-7B standard ... or is the production still running ??

Deino

View attachment 291835
I think with J16 at hands, no need to bring in JH7b with DSI anymore. Only need to update its avionics/radar/ew

I think with J16 at hands, no need to bring in JH7b with DSI anymore. Only need to update its avionics/radar/ew

Yes, but since when was the JH-7B planned to Feature a DSI-intake ???

Otherwise I agree that it is most likely a MLU-program only to keep them in srvice for a few more years before they are replaced ...

“Old” L-15

213203w77dhxzo57lqkad7.jpg.thumb.jpg

“New” L-15 with 9 hardpoints

210416jxnean1j5ljj515s.jpg.thumb.jpg

111451gydd0u42y29k0uk3.jpg

Hongdu Aircraft has a program under way to upgrade the capabilities of the L-15,together with the employment of WS-17 now that the domestically developed engine is almost ready for use。

A carrier-borne version is of course also under development。

Last edited:
PLAAF need hundreds of L15 for traning and ground raid purpose. WS13 for JF17 is also ready for PAF's adoption.

Credits go to Henri K., who first posted this in November 2015...

Chinese Ku-band AESA radar, possibly for air-to-air missiles:
j8WIGpQ.jpg

The radar has 832 T/R modules, each requiring 200 mW of power, and a diameter of 300 mm.

Back
Top Bottom