What's new

Chinese Air Force (PLAAF) News & Discussions

So, I'm probably right. It doesn't seem very accurate though.

They are firing the HJ-9 ATGM most probably as these helicopters carry the HJ-9 missiles mostly. Its not the HJ-10. And they hit the target 100% accurately. If you closely watch the white color target, you will see that its made up of cloth, thus the missiles teared the cloth and exploded behind it and you can see the white cloth fluttering due to the shock wave of the blast.

Its either HJ-9 or may be HJ-8, chinese members might be more accurate about the type, but my guess is HJ-9.

They are firing the HJ-9 ATGM most probably as these helicopters carry the HJ-9 missiles mostly. Its not the HJ-10. And they hit the target 100% accurately. If you closely watch the white color target, you will see that its made up of cloth, thus the missiles teared the cloth and exploded behind it and you can see the white cloth fluttering due to the shock wave of the blast.

Its either HJ-9 or may be HJ-8, chinese members might be more accurate about the type, but my guess is HJ-9.

I don't know about that, it seemed to hit the bottom of the target, so it seemed a bit off. Don't get me wrong, it's impressive and would be devastating on drones, but it seems like the Chinese are still trying to test and improve it more before deploying it in large numbers, especially if it turns out to be the HJ-10.

So, I'm probably right. It doesn't seem very accurate though.

Please dont talk nonsense. This is what happen when people who don't understand Chinese and watch a Chinese video.

The first shot definitely hit the bull eye. It pierce thru the soft target board and ignite. The second one is so blurt that you can make out it hit or not?

Anyway, this is a PR video. They precisely show the helo successful hit the target, I don't know how you conclude its not accurate?

Please dont talk nonsense. This is what happen when people who don't understand Chinese and watch a Chinese video.

The first shot definitely hit the bull eye. It pierce thru the soft target board and ignite. The second one is so blurt that you can make out it hit or not?

Anyway, this is a PR video. They precisely show the helo successful hit the target, I don't know how you conclude its not accurate?

To be fair,I didn't say it wasn't accurate, I said it was hard to tell from the video and it didn't seem accurate. Again, take nothing I say seriously, because I know next to nothing about missile technology.

the engines take more than half of the fuselage, then you also have two nose intakes. There's barely any space left.
so where does it carry internal fuel?

Where do most aircraft carry their internal fuel ... yup wings

Im aware of that very well, but only commercial/general aviation aircrafts do that, not fighters. I think. The wings arn't nearly as thick as they would have to be to carry fuel in FIGHTERS. I could be wrong though. Plus all that G load...

where the heck does it carry fuel?

Had several tanks, main ones are behind the cockpit, infront of the engines. look for keywords "depositos" and "litres". Main ones are #52. There's also one at #92, to the rear and the side of the engines. Open in new window for 1600x1100.

copiademig19uti.jpg

Im aware of that very well, but only commercial/general aviation aircrafts do that, not fighters. I think. The wings arn't nearly as thick as they would have to be to carry fuel in FIGHTERS. I could be wrong though. Plus all that G load...
Fighters DO carry internal wing fuel. Even the small F-16 does it.

Fuel stores, usage, and transfer works this way:

The engine is fed from fuselage tanks. As fuel is depleted from the fuselage tanks, fuel is transferred from the wing stores, external wing and internal wing. Fuel is transferred up from the external tank and into the wing's internal tank, then fuel is transferred from the internal wing tank into the fuselage tanks.

Chinese Air Force - Focus on strengthening J-11B maritime low altitude penetration training

Henri K.

Last edited by a moderator:
More than 40 war planes in a combat simulation exercise of Guangzhou military region...

Blue sky dream of a young pilot

Henri K.

Last edited by a moderator:
J-10C,a multi-role fighter with enhanced ground attack capability:

223412k8gcndidbnegm6d3.jpg.thumb.jpg

223405uhk6436290lore61.jpg.thumb.jpg

Major improvements include conformal fuel tanks、AESA、avionics upgrade、wingtip pylons etc。

First prototype possible by the end of this year。

Back
Top Bottom