What's new

Chinese Air Force (PLAAF) News & Discussions

I just wonder why there are no dedicated threads for each kind of chinese military aircrafts...

New photos, very clear, of one J-10S rolling out from factory...

5Nnjv.jpg

pcI4C.jpg

:coffee:

An introduction to part of the chinese aircrafts which will participate to the coming Zhuhai Air Show. We can find J-10A, J-8F, JH-7A, H-6, KJ-200...etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
JF-17 from PAF arrived in Zhuhai Air SHow 2012...

A chinese CCTV journalist walks around a JF-17...

Other aircrafts from chinese army arrived also...

Is it possible to create a sticky thread dedicated for Zhuhai Air Show 2012, so that everyone can post some videos and photos taken from the exhibition?

We can highlight 3 points with this new photo of J-10B -

* This is a new aircraft just rolled out from assembly line => Serial production started?
* The resolution of the photo is not that good to determinate if it's a WS-10 engine or a AL-31FN
* The radome colour is grey => I don't remember in the colour code of PLAAF if it means an ESA radar?

We can highlight 3 points with this new photo of J-10B -

* This is a new aircraft just rolled out from assembly line => Serial production started?
* The resolution of the photo is not that good to determinate if it's a WS-10 engine or a AL-31FN
* The radome colour is grey => I don't remember in the colour code of PLAAF if it means an ESA radar?

sources say the following

its part of the first batch
first batch engines is the AL-31
radar is indeed ESA not sure if AESA or PESA

China defined an important 3-steps plan on engines development with 100 billions of RMB (Nearly 10 billions €).

The aim of the second step is to reach the world's most advanced level in 2020, and from that point start to lead the world engine's development direction.

Let's see if Chinese people can achieve this very ambitious objective. So far almost all the nation-wide programs like 863, 921...etc have always bring to success and reached the initial defined goal, how will be the future of this one?

Artillery units and air force commence genuine confrontation drill...

Back
Top Bottom