What's new

Chinese Air Force (PLAAF) News & Discussions

J-8F
aa725855gy1gf1lyeyxzqj21hf0u0kjl.jpg

Via CCTV 7

Hmm?? J-7E unit 95774 + JJ-7A with 7X5YZ serial?? Any idea?

upload_2020-6-7_18-38-21.png

Could be 7453x and as such 132nd Air Brigade.

This thread is called "PLAAF News and Discussions", why has it become a dumping ground for pictures of PLAAF museum planes?

This thread is called "PLAAF News and Discussions", why has it become a dumping ground for pictures of PLAAF museum planes?

Because those "museum planes" happen to encompass a sizeable portion of the PLAAF's backbone. Maybe you're coming to the realization that the PLAAF isn't all that advanced and lean as you thought?

Because those "museum planes" happen to encompass a sizeable portion of the PLAAF's backbone.
I don't think so, "Sino"Soldier.
Maybe you're coming to the realization that the PLAAF isn't all that advanced and lean as you thought?
It's not as advanced as I would like, but it will be soon enough. What spiteful haters can't accept is that China is advancing faster than any other society in human history and that its rise is unstoppable. If I don't like the way the most backward part of the PLAAF looks today, I'll sure like it in 2030 when the last of these relics is gone. If China can't dispatch the US from the western Pacific, complete the country's reunification, and rule the world as its undisputed superpower today, it sure will be able to in 2040. I'm a patient man, "Sino"Soldier, I have time. More importantly, China has time.

Besides, I'm being too harsh on these planes. They're more than capable of routing an insignificant basket case like India.

IMO the most important reason that usually all modern stuff types have their own thread where even regular PLAAF related news like exercises and so on are posted. In the end everything not related to the Flanker types, J-10, J-20, EW/AEW and transports as well as the bombers, which have their own threads is then posted here and these are then only the old types.

It's not as advanced as I would like, but it will be soon enough. What spiteful haters can't accept is that China is advancing faster than any other society in human history and that its rise is unstoppable. If I don't like the way the most backward part of the PLAAF looks today, I'll sure like it in 2030 when the last of these relics is gone. If China can't dispatch the US from the western Pacific, complete the country's reunification, and rule the world as its undisputed superpower today, it sure will be able to in 2040. I'm a patient man, "Sino"Soldier, I have time. More importantly, China has time.

Besides, I'm being too harsh on these planes. They're more than capable of routing an insignificant basket case like India.
Something bizarre to observe on how he is active here with the handle "AKASA" and buried his old moniker "SINOSOLDIER" at PDF in the sense not many activities seen here from this account these last few years. I think the explanation is he's caught red-handed several times in spitting out his utter disdain on China under "SinoSoldier", I myself caught him up once, thus he felt the old moniker was no longer effective at PDF for his digging (yes, his specialization is digging) and switched to the other one… while remain active in SDF using the "SINOSOLDIER". Guess he's an IND or Viet pretending to be a Westerner! Anyhow his true color is a genuine China hater! :D

Last edited:
Because those "museum planes" happen to encompass a sizeable portion of the PLAAF's backbone. Maybe you're coming to the realization that the PLAAF isn't all that advanced and lean as you thought?
There are not the backbone. Have you seen them doing active duty like patrolling in Taiwan strait flying in east sea?

They are reduced to mere advance trainer role for pilot to clock supersonic flight or flying hours.

I actually like this aircraft. I would not be surprised of the PLAAF version had BVR missiles which perhaps could be launched by data-link. In any case, still useful for interception with an HMS and HOBS missiles. Not to mention acting as a LIFT for newly minted pilots before flying something like a J-10, J-20, FLANKER series...

Backbone of PLAAF is J-11B and J-10 now. Backbone is meaning used the most. J-7 and J-8 operational still in service is numbered much lower than J-11 series combined with J-10 series. We have close to one thousand Su-27, su-30, J-11, J-10. Ignoring J-16 and J-20. Many J-7 converted to unmanned already and many of these J-7 in service are such. Or training purposes.

Back
Top Bottom