What's new

Chinese ace software competition: But why Indian coders are getting hired?

White man companies prefer Indians because

• Indians are smarter

Votes: 25 43.9%
  • Indians practice racism, kicking everyone out of jobs

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Fear of Chinese industrial espionage, while Indians are not capable of reverse engineering

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Indians talk better

Votes: 24 42.1%

• Total voters
Obviously you never drop in for a coffee with Google interview guys.

If you are a software engineer, you probably went in through Indian racism.

LOL..I don't want to unveil my identity,but I have few of my friends placed in Google,Microsoft,Amazon and such(Even I gave such interviews)..nobody complained about racism.but you know,sorry @r$3s make all sort of complains. :rofl: you're not qualified for the job,you've to make something to save face.

from my experience,most of Chinese lags in communication skills and can't adapt various environments.they can't mix with other nationals.its in their gene and major problem when you're trying to get placed in a multinational company.

LOL..I don't want to unveil my identity,but I have few of my friends placed in Google,Microsoft,Amazon and such(Even I gave such interviews)..nobody complained about racism.but you know,sorry @r$3s make all sort of complains. :rofl: you're not qualified for the job,you've to make something to save face.

Indians will not be complaining no doubt, even though they are a big loser if come to competitive exam.

This thread is to discuss this strange thing why Indian keep on failing but keep get employed by big tech.

Indians will not be complaining no doubt, even though they are a big loser if come to competitive exam.

This thread is to discuss this strange thing why Indian keep on failing but keep get employed by big tech.

the thing is,in India,most people don't even care about these international competitive exams.we've enough to care India's competitive exams.as @Skull and Bones said,the day Indian Goverment will decide these exams as the entrance for Engineering or Medical Studies,the day there will be no Chinese anywhere to be seen.

I am a Software Engineer,I cracked Joint,ranked 57 and studied CSE in prestigious institute.but even in my institute,nobody gave rats f@rt about these entrances.they studied to crack interview of these giant companies.and they got it.thats why you're never going to see much Indians in these competition.its like saying why so many Indonesians are there in 8 Ball Pool in miniclip but never saw them much in Online Chess Sites.

:raise:
maybe companies found that Chinese were over qualified for the job:ph34r:

the thing is,in India,most people don't even care about these international competitive exams.we've enough to care India's competitive exams.as @Skull and Bones said,the day Indian Goverment will decide these exams as the entrance for Engineering or Medical Studies,the day there will be no Chinese anywhere to be seen.

I am a Software Engineer,I cracked Joint,ranked 57 and studied CSE in prestigious institute.but even in my institute,nobody gave rats f@rt about these entrances.they studied to crack interview of these giant companies.and they got it.thats why you're never going to see much Indians in these competition.its like saying why so many Indonesians are there in 8 Ball Pool in miniclip but never saw them much in Online Chess Sites.

Likewise not a single singaporeans care about things like PISA. It was handed to us a sort of a survey.

While Indians may not give a damn towards such international competition, the NSA backed Top Coder Open competition is a different beast. Top Coder Open is use by Google and Facebook as a recruiting tools, and finalist can have a chance to land into a lead role.

Indians did participate in large numbers.

Almost no Indians finalist are in Top Coder Open, and the finalist are dominated by Chinese and Russian.

Why?

China dominates NSA-backed coding contest | Computerworld

But the fact remains: Of 70 finalists, 20 were from China, 10 from Russia and two from the U.S.

China's showing in the finals was also helped by the sheer volume of its numbers, 894. India followed at 705, but none of its programmers were finalists. Russia had 380 participants; the United States, 234; Poland, 214; Egypt, 145; and Ukraine, 128, among others.

or nobody trusts them anymore,as so much of Industrial Espionage is getting conducted for CCP. :D

If Indians had the capability to do industrial espionage or reverse engineering you world do it. Even US does it against Germany and Japan. India still don't have the capability to reverse engineer to cut R&D costs and time to close the technological gap.

Every country that has the capability will use every advantage it has to be more powerful than its competitors.

There is no such thing as 'fair' in this world. The strong survive and the weak perish.

China has done an excellent job in localising critical technologies by whatever means necessary (reverse engineering, buying, innovating) and going a long way towards technological security.

China has its equivalent for most Western technologies which India doesn't. India still pays high prices to import these technologies and you still rely 100% on Western technology.

The only thing that matters is that China is closing the technological gap with the West.

Chinese cyber warfare forces would absolutely annihilate India if India ever gets into a war with China.

Top Coder Open is use by Google and Facebook as a recruiting tools, and finalist can have a chance to land into a lead role.

Google and Facebook uses other tools which gets highlighted in India..

Google uses Google Code Jam

Facebook sometimes makes on campus recruitment..

In India,some other kind of competitions gets highlighted too.most of the students didn't hear about these international coding competitions or sometimes don't even care..

but when you comes to grabbing job in silicon valley,it is different...

read this...

Indians were the most numerous of the immigrant tech-company founders. They had founded more startups than the next four groups (from Britain, China, Taiwan, and Japan) combined. The proportion of Indian-founded startups in Silicon Valley startups had increased from 7% to 15.5%, even though Indians make up just 6% of the Valley’s working population. Indian immigrants were standing shoulder-to-shoulder with the world’s most innovative tech workers, and were matching them in entrepreneurship.

Why were Indians so successful?
  • The first few who cracked the glass ceiling had open discussions about the hurdles they had faced.
  • They agreed that the key to uplifting their community, and fostering more entrepreneurship in general, was to teach and mentor the next generation of entrepreneurs.
  • They formed networking organizations to teach others about starting businesses, and to bring people together. These organizations helped to mobilize the information, knowhow, skill, and capital needed to start technology companies. Even the newer associations had several hundred members each, and the more established associations had more than a thousand members.
  • The first generation of successful entrepreneurs—people like Sun Microsystems co-founder Vinod Khosla--served as visible, vocal, role models and mentors. They also provided seed funding to members of their community.

The Face of Success, Part I: How the Indians Conquered Silicon Valley | Inc.com

I'm not sure what the coding competition is, but I have noticed a pattern of racial stereotyping by the OP, as if race actually matters, it's not deep down we are all the same, we are the same period. The same problems China has, India has, and Americans and Japanese had. Not coincidence.

Agreed! The OP, just based on anecdotes, keeps on stereotyping the Indians. Obviously any community has its share of smart people and the not-so-smart. But then to paint the whole community based on your own stupid pre-conceived notions is, well - stupid!

Let me finish off by saying 30% planning, 20% coding, 40% documentation and 10% testing, the percentages varies based on the project, but the coding is never the main task.

20% for coding and 10% for testing? Are you for real? And no, this ratio will not vary significantly based on nature of projects.

There is no such thing that "Indians are smarter". Many have worked for me and with me. They are good, smart people but then there are many that are average and below average like everyone else.

The "smart" image is created inside the US as what we bring to the US on technical visas are the top cream of India's top schools. Plus the US has been helping India bring its middle class up, as a hedge against the Chinese (which won't work as the US was lied to, when the time comes, India will tell us to stay away and won't do shiit as the Chinese are next door and they'd have better trade relations). So the US calls it the "strategic alliance", the Indians call is, "lets milk the US for as long as we can". Only time will tell how Indians will really pan out. So far, they are in it for themselves, not for any "strategic partnership" IMO.

If you thought that US Technology companies implement US government strategic policy of hedging against the Chinese threat, how do you explain the transfer of almost all manufacturing jobs from USA to China? Not just in the past, it happens even today - despite all the hostilities.

In fact, many more US companies invest in manufacturing sector in China than they do in Indian IT.

FYI, US technology companies started investing in Indian IT sector in 1980's when India was still perceived to be firmly in Soviet camp! Even more importantly, there are significant number of companies outside US - mainly from Europe, Japan, Korea and even China that render your argument hollow that India benefited by mainly US "strategic alliance".

And no, the US companies don't do any charity by investing in Indian IT or in Chinese manufacturing - it is an undeniable value proposition for them which continues to yield good dividends, notwithstanding a few exceptions here and there.

On a side note, the only major market that continues to elude Indian IT companies is China - that too mainly due to Chinese government restrictions, not due to language/cultural barriers that some people here suggest. If Indian companies can cater to Japanese and Koreans, there is nothing else that can stop Indian IT companies venturing into Chinese markets.

If Indians had the capability to do industrial espionage or reverse engineering you world do it. Even US does it against Germany and Japan. India still don't have the capability to reverse engineer to cut R&D costs and time to close the technological gap.

Every country that has the capability will use every advantage it has to be more powerful than its competitors.

There is no such thing as 'fair' in this world. The strong survive and the weak perish.

China has done an excellent job in localising critical technologies by whatever means necessary (reverse engineering, buying, innovating) and going a long way towards technological security.

China has its equivalent for most Western technologies which India doesn't. India still pays high prices to import these technologies and you still rely 100% on Western technology.

The only thing that matters is that China is closing the technological gap with the West.

Chinese cyber warfare forces would absolutely annihilate India if India ever gets into a war with China.

Every country performs Industrial Espionage.but it is an art not to get caught.China didn't mastered it yet..and perhaps,in China,there is no such thing as "Ethics".you steal from a company you works for,you'll not just ruin your future,but also of your circuit too..Chinese persons are blind nationalists and thief.it doesn't take much to still,but one such incident gives entire community a bad name.but China doesn't care as they've to make their country rich on others hard work.they lacks innovation.but in this world,stolen knowledge has little value.Technology is getting changed each week.how much you're going to steal??

In India,some other kind of competitions gets highlighted too.most of the students didn't hear about these international coding competitions or sometimes don't even care..

read this...

Indians were the most numerous of the immigrant tech-company founders. They had founded more startups than the next four groups (from Britain, China, Taiwan, and Japan) combined. The proportion of Indian-founded startups in Silicon Valley startups had increased from 7% to 15.5%, even though Indians make up just 6% of the Valley’s working population. Indian immigrants were standing shoulder-to-shoulder with the world’s most innovative tech workers, and were matching them in entrepreneurship.

• The first few who cracked the glass ceiling had open discussions about the hurdles they had faced.
  • They agreed that the key to uplifting their community, and fostering more entrepreneurship in general, was to teach and mentor the next generation of entrepreneurs.
  • They formed networking organizations to teach others about starting businesses, and to bring people together. These organizations helped to mobilize the information, knowhow, skill, and capital needed to start technology companies. Even the newer associations had several hundred members each, and the more established associations had more than a thousand members.
  • The first generation of successful entrepreneurs—people like Sun Microsystems co-founder Vinod Khosla--served as visible, vocal, role models and mentors. They also provided seed funding to members of their community.

Indians start up random companies in Silicon Valley and boast Indians are tech innovators :lol:

Indians always spew lies just like that myth at NASA is made up of 40% Indians which was busted.

Where are the Indian technologies? Don't claim other people's innovations as your own when an Indian contributes 5% and takes 100% of the credit. Typical Indian brag.

Face it kid, there has been no true Indian innovator.

read this...

Agreed! The OP, just based on anecdotes, keeps on stereotyping the Indians. Obviously any community has its share of smart people and the not-so-smart. But then to paint the whole community based on your own stupid pre-conceived notions is, well - stupid!

20% for coding and 10% for testing? Are you for real? And no, this ratio will not vary significantly based on nature of projects.

If you thought that US Technology companies implement US government strategic policy of hedging against the Chinese threat, how do you explain the transfer of almost all manufacturing jobs from USA to China? Not just in the past, it happens even today - despite all the hostilities.

In fact, many more US companies invest in manufacturing sector in China than they do in Indian IT.

FYI, US technology companies started investing in Indian IT sector in 1980's when India was still perceived to be firmly in Soviet camp! Even more importantly, there are significant number of companies outside US - mainly from Europe, Japan, Korea and even China that render your argument hollow that India benefited by mainly US "strategic alliance".

And no, the US companies don't do any charity by investing in Indian IT or in Chinese manufacturing - it is an undeniable value proposition for them which continues to yield good dividends, notwithstanding a few exceptions here and there.

On a side note, the only major market that continues to elude Indian IT companies is China - that too mainly due to Chinese government restrictions, not due to language/cultural barriers that some people here suggest. If Indian companies can cater to Japanese and Koreans, there is nothing else that can stop Indian IT companies venturing into Chinese markets.

My thread is hitting on the painful spot of you Hindu technies...:D

Every country performs Industrial Espionage.but it is an art not to get caught.China didn't mastered it yet..and perhaps,in China,there is no such thing as "Ethics".you steal from a company you works for,you'll not just ruin your future,but also of your circuit too..Chinese persons are blind nationalists and thief.it doesn't take much to still,but one such incident gives entire community a bad name.but China doesn't care as they've to make their country rich on others hard work.they lacks innovation.but in this world,stolen knowledge has little value.Technology is getting changed each week.how much you're going to steal??

China takes foreign tech and improves upon it.

Indians still lack basic reverse engineering capability. Even Iran is ahead of India in this.

If Indians cannot reverse engineer, you always have to buy foreign tech at expensive prices and dance to foreign rules. Indians certainly cannot innovate so you are forced to buy.

Indians start up random companies in Silicon Valley and boast Indians are tech innovators :lol:

Indians always spew lies just like that myth at NASA is made up of 40% Indians which was busted.

Where are the Indian technologies? Don't claim other people's innovations as your own when an Indian contributes 5% and takes 100% of the credit. Typical Indian brag.

Face it kid, there has been no true Indian innovator.

India....

Mars Mission: India creates history as Mangalyaan successfully enters Mars orbit in first attempt - The Economic Times

Meanwhile in China...

Russia-China joint Mars exploration fails | The Jakarta Post

even when China has bigger rockets(stolen knowledge),they piggy backed on Russians to taste success..yet,success remained arms apart.

you are showing your desperation here..rather go back to CCP Internet Troll HQ and send someone senior..

Back
Top Bottom