What's new

China’s war drums beat

Nevermind what some of the keyboard warriors here say. They don't count, as they have 0 power outside of their PDF fantasy land. Seriously and logically speaking. What are the chances China would attempt to sink a USN ship (first strike) knowing full well that would mean immediate retaliation from the USN. No rational Chinese leader wants to see that happen. That would basically be the only way I could see the US getting involved in a military manner.

I know China right now or in the future try their best to avoid confrontation with US, naval war like a boxing match in a boxing ring, only 1 heavy weight will fight against 4 middle weight + 1 heavy weight in the SCS. Odd will always be against China in a naval battle in SCS.

If that is how Vietnam and Philippines want to play this game out, we are okay with it. We drill, we get 100% of the oil profit. Vietnam and Philippines drill, they get only a partial percentage of the profit. Let see who win more.

Then why not China and Vietnam drill oil together to share the profit? one less nations to worry about in SCS. Now China won't be surround in the naval battle.

Then why not China and Vietnam drill oil together to share the profit? one less nations to worry about in SCS. Now China won't be surround in the naval battle.
You need to ask that question to the Vietnamese.

Nevermind what some of the keyboard warriors here say. They don't count, as they have 0 power outside of their PDF fantasy land. Seriously and logically speaking. What are the chances China would attempt to sink a USN ship (first strike) knowing full well that would mean immediate retaliation from the USN. No rational Chinese leader wants to see that happen. That would basically be the only way I could see the US getting involved in a military manner.
The dispute islands and reefs with the Philippines and certainly not Vietnam, are not cover under US defense treaty, am I right my American friend?

The dispute islands and reefs with the Philippines and certainly not Vietnam, are not cover under US defense treaty, am I right my American friend?

Vietnam and China control the SCS then both nations will challenge US naval supremacy in SCS. Vietnam territory run along side of the SCS and directly face the the whole area of SCS.

As far as I understand, they are not. Which is why I had said to sincity that the US wouldn't directly get involved unless attacked first. I find that scenario highly unlikely.

It is not little. It has trillions in gas and billions in oils. Who want to lose it:p:
it is just a speculation about the reserves. nobody knows for sure until one comes and drills.

PS, over 90% of the oil and gas of the SCS were located at the bottom of the deepest part.

China are among the few countries in the world which have the capability to drill over there.

Vietnam cannot reach the fields which contain the most oil and gas. If they rent those expensive oil rigs from the western corporations, not only they have to pay the rent fee, but also to pay the operators from the western corporations. All the profit will go to the western corporations instead of Vietnam.

I can see that why Vietnam is getting really angry about China's act this time, since China is drilling in the fields that Vietnam can never touch it.
chinese logic?

you come in my garden and claim it is yours since ancient times. when I protest, you point a gun at me.
should I surrender or take a shot gun and blow you to hell?

Last edited:
Look, the Russians drill for oil in our water, while we do in theirs.
If Chinese want to drill in our water, then we are allowed to drill in theirs.

Now the Chinese are coming to drill in our water uninvited, putting an oil rig protected by warships and fighter jets.

what should we do? nothing?
No, we keep harass them day and night until they piss off.

Do they want to start a war?
we are always ready.

Now they step up the provocation by sending a recon aircraft (bearing number 8321) into our airspace. should we shoot it down?

1610078_533689950087303_95029881657696490_n.jpg

Look, the Russians drill for oil in our water, while we do in theirs.
If Chinese want to drill in our water, then we are allowed to drill in theirs.

Now the Chinese are coming to drill in our water uninvited, putting an oil rig protected by warships and fighter jets.

what should we do? nothing?
No, we keep harass them day and night until they piss off.

Do they want to start a war?
we are always ready.

Now they step up the provocation by sending a recon aircraft (bearing number 8321) into our airspace. should we shoot it down?

1610078_533689950087303_95029881657696490_n.jpg

They drill the oil near the island they administer but consider territory disputed by Vietnam. Be real and objective, Vietnam in no position to fight a naval war alone against China. China in control of the island where they drill oil within 17 miles of those island.

They drill the oil near the island they administer but consider territory disputed by Vietnam. Be real and objective, Vietnam in no position to fight a naval war alone against China. China in control of the island where they drill oil within 17 miles of those island.
we will see.

we successfully managed to kick their as$ when they were much bigger and we much smaller than today (the Yuan, Ming and Qing). To defeat the Chinese, it is a question of IQ.

we will see.

we successfully managed to kick their as$ when they were much bigger and we much smaller than today (the Yuan, Ming and Qing). To defeat the Chinese, it is a question of IQ.

You compare the age of fighting a war with sword to currently fighting a war with missile and fighter jets, battles ships and submarine? get out of here. Is this a joke or what?

I ain't see shit from Vietnam navy to fight a naval against China without other nations involve.

You compare the age of fighting a war with sword to currently fighting a war with missile and fighter jets, battles ships and submarine? get out of here. Is this a joke or what?

I ain't see shit from Vietnam navy to fight a naval against China without other nations involve.
I agree, China is smart,they are not going to attack Vietnam with land forces, they will Use Navy and Air force in which Vietnam can't compete with them

I agree, China is smart,they are not going to attack Vietnam with land forces, they will Use Navy and Air force in which Vietnam can't compete with them

Even land warfare China military can easily overrun Ha Noi and Hai Phong because of China massive air power and massive army. Since China border with Vietnam, China just ready their troop and preemptive strike on Ha Noi without Vietnam notice China military amass themselves at the border.

Even land warfare China military can easily overrun Ha Noi and Hai Phong because of China massive air power and massive army. Since China border with Vietnam, China just ready their troop and preemptive strike on Ha Noi without Vietnam notice China military amass themselves at the border.
The problem is, I don't think China will go with a preemptive strike because that will bring attention from all over the world to its doors

You're really stupid, if technology is your measurement stick than we have everything that you have. The only common denominator in the past and present is numberical superiority.

Your navy? Vietnam's 24 su30 can launch a total of 96 standoff missiles Kh-59mk at your surface fleet; not to include 40 Su-22 can launch a total of 40 Kh-31 missiles. That's a total of 136 anti-ship missiles launched from the air; your surface fleet will all become submarines for sure. If the fight is at the current position 245 km away from our coast where the rig is at, our shore-based AShM like Yakhont, KH-35, Shaddock can easily blast all of your surface fleet to smithereens as well.

You're really stupid, if technology is your measurement stick than we have everything that you have. The only common denominator in the past and present is numberical superiority.

Your navy? Vietnam's 24 su30 can launch a total of 96 standoff missiles Kh-59mk at your surface fleet; not to include 40 Su-22 can launch a total of 40 Kh-31 missiles. That's a total of 136 anti-ship missiles launched from the air; your surface fleet will all become submarines for sure. If the fight is at the current position 245 km away from our coast where the rig is at, our shore-based AShM like Yakhont, KH-35, Shaddock can easily blast all of your surface fleet to smithereens as well.
Thats where China's Air defense comes into play...

You already launched preemptive strike on us in 1979; cum again LOL

Anytime you guys start a war, you guys always had all sort of reasons to march to Ha Noi in one day and when you got smashed by us, you always had a kazillion of excuses on why you lost LOL

Massive airpower and army? Both Chengdu & Guangzhou military districts bordering Vietnam only have about 200 4th generation jets, a few army divisions, a few hundred new tanks. Vietnam can easily smashed these two military districts like a piece of cake even if you guys mobilize 100% of these two districts but I highly doubt that your Politburo even allow you to mobilize even 50% of the forces of these two districts. Give me a break with all your taunting, rookie. Only loser countries who have never defeated any ememies who are 50 times bigger than them would think you are .......stronk

lossesjy1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom