What's new

China's Version of HIMARS, long-range Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS), Could Be 'Game Changer' if Beijing Attacks Taiwan

Even though the PHL-03 is a Chinese version of the Smerch, it appears that Chinese overtook Russians in terms of rockets, as rockets of the PHL-03 have longer range than those of the Smerch. Manufacturers claim, that Chinese 300 mm rockets are not compatible with the Russian Smerch rockets as these use different propellant motors and components.

Why this is so?

That Chinese missiles can fly so much further and with more bang than even the Russian?

And pathetic Murican already far far behind the Russian MLRS so it is meaningless to compare Chinese with Murican rubbish .

I attached a couple of postings I did end May and June that might shed some light.

===================================================

There are some experimental open research synthesized strained systems that can yield as much as 5-7 times TNT. A Khorramshahr carrying 1.8 tons of such a system will technically be delivering a 9-10 tons TNT equivalent punch.
:D
Sound like collaborations with new Chinese Nitrogen anion explosives.:yay:

Making the much vaunted American C4 like black gunpowder in comparison:pleasantry:

:omghaha:

Do not get me wrong. If Iran did that independantly, I applaud even more and much respect for Iran's efforts.

But collaboration always good, especially against evil foe that can never be trusted and that lie and cheat and steal from everyone .

===============================================================

and https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/iranian-missiles-news-and-discussions.227673/post-13817456

===========================================================

:D
Sound like collaborations with new Chinese Nitrogen anion explosives.:yay:

Making the much vaunted American C4 like black gunpowder in comparison:pleasantry:

:omghaha:

Do not get me wrong. If Iran did that independantly, I applaud even more and much respect for Iran's efforts.

But collaboration always good, especially against evil foe that can never be trusted and that lie and cheat and steal from everyone .

Written elsewhere sometime in Nov 2017. :D
China kept a lid on this:enjoy:

I only CtrlC-V , so do not ask me technical questions

That was 5 years ago. I guess China got even further than that now.
But when USA want to tango for real, we see real fireworks then.
:pleasantry:

==================================================================================

ther than nucelar explosives, the most powerful are Semtex, HMX, or even the holy grail Octanitrocubane sought by the West in vain.

China leapt pass that into the N15 kind of explosive 10 to 100 times more powerful than TNT. N15 in propellent form is also used by China in her missiles as I mentioned earlier before.

In Chinese

http://mil.news.sina.com.cn/jssd...

中国竟先于美推出高含能材料:重要程度堪比055下水
2017年11月18日

Partial extract via Google translate

Google Translate

In January 2017, China announced a new research result. The world's first all-anion anion salt was successfully synthesized. The related research papers have become China's first research paper in the field of energetic materials published in the international top science "science" , But also allow China to occupy a new generation of ultra-high-energy energetic materials to study the international high ground.

main-qimg-dd68c29ecd63263ff2eb5440ecbc8bca.webp

Explosives

As all-nitrogen ultra-high energy material energy up to 10 to 100 times the TNT above, the power comparable to small nuclear bombs, with high density, high energy, clean and detonated pollution-free, nitrogen explosion products, stable and safe. Therefore, the main object of development.

More than 200 years ago, people isolated nitrogen from the air and later discovered nitrogen ions. Various theoretical calculations were made on all-nitrogen derivatives. However, the earliest synthesis was recorded in 1956. Before this century, It is considered a breakthrough and is currently under exploration. Its prospects have attracted the positive research from all countries.

main-qimg-e79cb00cbb59a4054eb2079d59db2831.webp

Introduction

At present, one of the hot topics in this field is the synthesis of all-nitrogen anion, which is mainly poor in stability. It is very difficult to obtain all-anion. Originally, the United States first started the experiment and did not expect China to successfully launch the high energy-containing material , And the results achieved mainly in the synthesis of a breakthrough. Chinese researchers creatively used meta-chloroperbenzoic acid and ferrous glycinate as cutting reagents and auxiliary agents, respectively, and successfully prepared the stable all-nitrogen anion salt at room temperature by means of oxidative cleavage for the first time. Thermal analysis results show that this salt decomposition temperature up to 116.8 ℃, has a very good thermal stability, so the world-class performance level, very practical value.

main-qimg-beaadb9ffbd7b8c6ced79c01064a5643.webp

Explosives kits have been in use since practical

The successful preparation of all-nitrogen anion salt is a historic breakthrough and has important scientific significance for its synthesis and application and technological development, that is, one step closer to practical application. The importance of comparable to 055-type flooding, do not think it is explosives, which belongs to the old concept, and now its use is much more than explosives, can also be used for rocket propellant. Maybe later, we can apply on the rocket, greatly improve the rocket's specific impulse, so as to improve the rocket performance. The purpose of the United States study on all-nitrogen ultra-high energy materials is to create a new type of rocket fuel that replaces toxic hydrazine-based rocket fuel.

main-qimg-b6108d5bcedf7acb77f0e23d1e5bc82e.webp

Rockets can also be used

Some people will compare the new metal hydrogen in the United States. In fact, the all-nitrogen anion salt and metal hydrogen are two different types of ultra-high energy energy-containing materials. The former belongs to chemical synthesis and the latter belongs to physical pressure preparation. Although similar in purpose, In the performance of some higher, but the former is more mature in the application of some, in fact, they have their own advantages and disadvantages, belong to one of the new technologies, different things, can not simply say who is better, there is no substitute for the relationship.

At present, we have prepared a total nitrogen anion salt, almost equal to touch the edge of industrial production, perhaps in the near future can be applied to human production and life.(Author's signature: Military World)

China already has better rockets since. you should check out Fire Dragon 480. Longer range, hits moving targets, larger warhead, not to mention cheaper.
LOL! The PRSM is way better with longer range than the Fire Dragon 480 and will have multi seeker mode for both land and sea. Not to mention the accuracy which even you cannot doubt.

No, the US equivalent would be M270. And I am using "equivalent" very loosely as US has no comparable system.

PHL-191 has a CEP of 5 meters at maximum range (~380km) for guided rockets and CEP of 1 meter within 280km.
You are right, the M270 is nothing like it. It fires the smaller missile which will have obviously CEP of 1 meter as we have seen in many videos as well as range of 500k plus in a 13 feet long package.

I have said before in my previous post that the U.S. should build something bigger. With longer fuselage of the PRSM which in my mind should be called PRSM-ER for extended range and be around 24 feet long and has a range of 2000km at least. Use on such platform as this to accommodate the length of such a missile.
Lockheed_Martin_plans_to_deliver_first_THAAD_air_defense_missile_system_to_Saudi_Arabia_in_2023_925_001.jpg

thaad_terminal_high_altitude_area_defense_missile_system_United_states_US_Army_American_defence_industry_military_technology_010.jpg

Or a little bit bigger and can fire bigger missiles with at least 4000km range or more.

640px-M1074A1_PLS_with_Oshkosh_CHU.jpg

Last edited:

HIMARS wont' help Taiwan due to short range. PHL 191 with 5 times the range can sit comfortably in Mainland China and strike anywhere in Taiwan. HIMARS on the other hand, lacking the range to shoot across the strait can only hide.
Some US analysts are suggesting Taiwan be given and be given the means to locally produce 5-10,000 missiles in the 1000 km range to keep China at bay.

1669000022004.jpeg

Taiwan island superimposed over Ukraine for comparison of their size.

1669000144329.jpeg

1669000559444.jpeg

Taiwan island population density.

Most of Taiwan island is mountains. The population lives on the side facing mainland China. PLA will make mince meat of Taiwan in a war.

Last edited:
ACCULAR missile - 40km maximum range
EXTRA missile - 150km maximum range
Predator Hawk missile - 400km maximum range

1669004729210.png

Here are ACCULAR (left) missiles next to EXTRA missiles

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom