What's new

China's Uighurs fight for rights

Many ignorant people refuse to recognize that democracy comes in many forms. Those brain-washed myopically believe that only their form of democracy is a true democracy.

For instance, there are a lot comments from Western world to degrade Indian democracy. Very unfortunately, in this thread, some Indian friends never know there is a type of democracy called democratic centralism.

To Sino, We can't and are not going to unify people's opinions; rather we come here to exchange opinions.

I agree somehow with your statement regarding the countries exercising double standards.

Dear Sino-PakFriendship

We do understand the physcology of separatist ideology which creeps in certain sections of society .. but they still deserve respect and equality .

China's Muslims - Strangers in their own land
Report Content | Amnesty International

Your post of the links does not make you any superior. It may well do the opposite.

Have you ever looked back into your own land of Bharat, and ask: in the same sense, aren't people in Assam and Manipur the strangers in their own homeland??

"...
India's Troubled Northeast

Manipur lies in India's north-east, in an isolated area that borders Burma. The region is connected to mainland India by a narrow 22km (13.6 mile) strip of land known colloquially as the "chicken's neck", which passes along the border with China, Bangladesh and Bhutan.

The entire region is a melting pot of hundreds of tribes and ethnicities.

It is also racked by insurgency.

Within the seven north-east states, Manipur remains one of the most violent. Officials estimate more than 8,000 have died since the conflict fully broke out in the early 1980s. Other experts say that the real figure is far higher.

Rarely reported

Study any newspaper in Manipur, and it makes for grim reading. The are constant stories of brutality, bombings and murder. Yet this long-running conflict is rarely reported in the Western media. That is in part due to restrictions by the Indian Government on visiting the state.

Back at the secret location, Tombi tells me why the UNLF, one of the largest and most powerful rebel organisations, has resorted to violence.

"We are fighting for Manipur," he says. "Sovereign, independent Manipur. You see, Manipur was never part of India."

Perception of colonisation

The historical inclusion of Manipur, a distinct kingdom for nearly 2,000 years, into the Dominion of India is hotly contested.
"
BBC NEWS | Programmes | Crossing Continents | India's 'forgotten' war

More:

Manipur migrant workers shot dead
BBC NEWS | South Asia | Manipur migrant workers shot dead

Human rights violation watch in Manipur
Manipur Update/Home

Mass rape of women in Manipur
World Prout Assembly: Mass Rape in Manipur: Women in the line of fire

View how Indian army treat their Manipur "non-strangers"
eEMU91B1Ftg[/media] - Manipur Mayhem

Let's guard our own lines and protect human-rights in respective areas, before daring to point fingers to the others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sino,

Those who have nothing to offer - shout!

Keep calm and discuss and not waste bandwidth!

No one is impressed and no one is converted to your view!

Sino,

Those who have nothing to offer - shout!

Keep calm and discuss and not waste bandwidth!

No one is impressed and no one is converted to your view!

I agree with you
We are all humans,rude isn't a good way.

Sure, Tibet is a part of China. But not the Republic of China

Tibet is a territory of the Chinese Han Empire.

Er...no...India has no intention of invading Tibet.

But just remember, you can't take the moral high-ground here.

After all, you are behaving like an agent of the Han empire.

Republic of China fleed to Taiwan in 1949. :partay:

View how Indian army treat their Manipur "non-strangers"
eEMU91B1Ftg[/media] - Manipur Mayhem

Disgraceful footage of Dravidian Bharatis beating up and torturing non-violent, non Dravidic orientals. No resistance was given while they were being "arrested".

This reminds me of the Kashmir footages I've seen. Shameless, flagrant abuse of human rights by India..and they want to be part of the UN security council seats :disagree:

Last edited by a moderator:
Disgraceful footage of Dravidian Bharatis beating up and torturing non-violent, non Dravidic orientals. No resistance was given while they were being "arrested".

This reminds me of the Kashmir footages I've seen. Shameless, flagrant abuse of human rights by India..and they want to be part of the UN security council seats :disagree:

OH please...Indian Police uses the same tactics....lathi charge, tear gas, firing in the air, all over India.

If the police breaks up rioters in Mumbai and Delhi and Lucknow then everything is fine.

...and now if the same tactics are used in Manipur it becomes human rights violations?

Total propaganda.

Indian law enforcement is uniformly brutal...Manipuris aren't being treated any better or worse.

OH please...Indian Police uses the same tactics....lathi charge, tear gas, firing in the air, all over India.

If the police breaks up rioters in Mumbai and Delhi and Lucknow then everything is fine.

...and now if the same tactics are used in Manipur it becomes human rights violations?

Total propaganda.

It's still human rights abuse. No wonder they want to join other countries. I bet their softer in other parts of India though.

It's still human rights abuse. No wonder they want to join other countries. I bet their softer in other parts of India though.

OH trust me they are not. I've seen Indian police... they beat up people at the blink of an eye.

The video didn't even say what the protesters were demonstrating against. Its probably a routine demonstration for higher wages or something.

The real separatists don't demonstrate on the streets...they hide in the jungles and wage guerilla warfare. Mostly tribal christians who don't know the first thing about democracy or citizenship.

Call it human rights abuse or whatever....this is how police functions in india. A product of circumstance.

Don't tell me that police in Pakistan or China is any better....I ain't buying it.

Sino-PakFriendship, please use the normal format to post, no need to shout...we hear you! :rolleyes:

And let me remind you that Defence.pk doesn't encourage nor tolerate abuse of freedom of speech, racial slurs or personal insults.
Hate India or US as much as you like, donot degrade this forum to spread hatred.

Any post showing ':pakistan::china::sniper::usflag:' will promptly be deleted!

Neo

No, let him shoot his mouth.

All this hate for America, I like this attention.

All barking, no teeth.

Pot calling the kettle black?

By your book, all us well when you do the same and even worse and when India does it, it is Human rights abuse.

Only the Indian Communists are with you and I am sure you are not an Indian Communist, even if you are on the same wavelength!

Dear GPit

You have posted certain seperatist Problems which Indian Society Faces ..
Well dear friend this is quite common is every society and No one can deny that , and in that struggle ,Security forces do cross the line sometime in every country , but what matters is the ability of that society to criticise them and do introspection .

What I pointed out was inability of Chinese system to do introsepction and control this brutal attack on its own citizen and this has lead to massacre of Poor Citizens
Cultural Revolution - 2 Million -Link Cultural Revolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tiananmen Square - Thousands Link The Legacy of Tiananmen Square

Tianmen Sqaure -
Free and unbiased Media works in that direction

China is a repressed society and of that there is no doubt.

Even Freedom of religion is not allowed without a finger in the pie of the govt.

The Xinjiang Moslems are suppressed and to ensure that they do not raise their head, Hans are given sops and privilege to go there and change the demography so that the Moslems become a minority in their own homeland!

A neat way to do ethnic cleansing in a manner of speaking!

The Catholic Archbishop had to be OKayed by the govt, a thing that is not done in any other country!

The Xinjiang Moslems are suppressed and to ensure that they do not raise their head, Hans are given sops and privilege to go there and change the demography so that the Moslems become a minority in their own homeland!

The Uiyghurs should be treated as equal citizens, same as the Han..if they are not, it's wrong. But what proof do you have that they are not treated fairly?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom