What's new

China's Uighur situation: can Pakistan help?

It is not about development at all.

You will find it out one day.

What is it about then?

Note, that China currently has NO active armed insurgencies.

There is some unrest, but they have not transformed into any armed insurgencies.

As the development continues, the situation should improve further.

What is it about then?

Note, that China currently has NO active armed insurgencies.

There is some unrest, but they have not transformed into any armed insurgencies.

As the development continues, the situation should improve further.

I am not talking of the situation in the province.

I am talking of the attitude of Pakistani members here towards that situation. It just has to do with your current ties.

If that changes, the attitudes will change very quickly. Already the Islamist constituency in Pakistan supports the Uighurs.

Anyways, I didn't know there were any border issues going on between west China and Pakistan

No "issues" really.

People do cross the border though, and Pakistan being a friend, monitors the situation on their end. They also do their part to prevent any infiltration.

The worry is that members of ETIM might try to cross the border, from either direction.

Pakistan has extradited Uyghurs back to us before, in 2009 for example. Pakistan is very important in the context of helping us to prevent unrest in Xinjiang.

I am talking of the attitude of Pakistani members here towards that situation. It just has to do with your current ties.

If that changes, the attitudes will change very quickly. Already the Islamist constituency in Pakistan supports the Uighurs.

This if in bold sums it all. That if is not going to happen. Not any time soon.;)

Pakistan has extradited Uyghurs back to us before, in 2009 for example. Pakistan is very important in the context of helping us to prevent unrest in Xinjiang.

Thanx for the information.

However, this is even more reason for the Uighurs to distrust Pakistan. I fail to see Pakistan being accepted by the Uighurs as an impartial mediator in the conflict.

This is not the thread for anti-Pakistan rants by Indians. Not that it ever stops you guys...

The point is to help resolve the conflict peacefully before it is taken over by terrorists.

The discussion started when a Chinese member suggested if/how Pakistan can help.

If It means I have, in fact, I'm responding to your "Pakistan to help China to solve the problem peacefully. " Of course, it does not matter, I would like to knowhow Pakistan to help China, and I think that there is no shortcut, only the long-term efforts. External Help may be helpful, but it also can make the problem more complex.

I just don't understand the double standards of many Pakistani posters here. When it is about Palestine, Kashmir, Chechnya they are quick to use the "Muslim brotherhood" and Ummah card. Pakistanis seem to have all the sympathy and support for "struggle" of these "victims". They respect the "people's aspirations" in these cases. But when it is about Uighurs and China, it is quickly dismissed as China's internal problem. :unsure:

I'm not sure about Chechnya, but Kashmir and Palestine are officially recognized as international disputes.

The Uighur situation is classified as in internal Chinese matter. We would only get involved if the Chinese ask us and the Uighurs agree.

It's the same reason Paksitan is not involved in Burma, southern Thailand or southern Philippnes. These are all considerd internal matters.

If It means I have, in fact, I'm responding to your "Pakistan to help China to solve the problem peacefully. " Of course, it does not matter, I would like to knowhow Pakistan to help China, and I think that there is no shortcut, only the long-term efforts. External Help may be helpful, but it also can make the problem more complex.

To be honest, if you are going to involve any external country at all -- and I'm not saying you need to or should -- the best one might be Turkey, since they could calm the nationalists and help reach a compromise.

To be honest, if you are going to involve any external country at all -- and I'm not saying you need to or should -- the best one might be Turkey, since they could calm the nationalists and help reach a compromise.

It is sharp but there is no trust, at least for now, no. "7.5" after only two months, we invite Turkish Prime Minister special envoy to visit China, visiting Urumqi, but they in addition to pouring oil to fire, did not anything, so sensitive problem, I and China do not believe Turkey in any sense, at least in the short term, even long term. China and Turkey need time and sincerity to make up the differences, now time and sincerity both far not enough to work together to solve this problem.

The other, I hope that China can listen to Pakistan's proposal, but it must be a good proposal, or we own solve will be better.

Pakistan has done a good job to help China, such as diplomatic support and to explain to the Islamic world, of course, to act together against terrorism, has been good enough, really. Now the question is that we China need to work harder and solid to solve this problem.

I'm not sure about Chechnya, but Kashmir and Palestine are officially recognized as international disputes.

The Uighur situation is classified as in internal Chinese matter. We would only get involved if the Chinese ask us and the Uighurs agree.

It's the same reason Paksitan is not involved in Burma, southern Thailand or southern Philippnes. These are all considerd internal matters.

Obviously we are talking of what matters you consider Islamic versus what you consider non-Islamic.

That definition is based on your perceived national interests first.

You're making Pakistan out to be a threat to China. This is just not the case.

Back
Top Bottom