What's new

China’s Type 055 destroyer: Why India should take inspiration from Russia’s Lider-class destroyer

LOL, you have no idea what you are talking about do you? Check the size and dimension of a 7k ton ship vs a 12k ton ship (055). Btw, this ship is designed to reduce radar signature, what makes you think it is not reducing EM signature?
Indeed, I'm the village idiot. Unlike you of course ;-). The whole point was about size and size is determined by what the ship is supposed to carry, which is in turn determined by what it is expected to be able to do, alone and in a group. That still has nothing to do with RCS. At no point have I suggested equivalence between ships of different sizes or that 055 does not have signature reduction features (and signature is more than just RCS). When you are done playing the donkey's behind, I 'l love to return to a civilized substantive discussion, rather than dealing with BS remarks that do not make this forum better. You have a nice day now.

Nothing to do with luck.
An astute understanding of geopolitics
is needed to see what would happen.
Which is why I asked "do you also predict stock?". Other than that, I'm not one for chest pounding.

24 cell HQ-10 for short range and it can also quad pack medium range missiles for defence up to around 70km.
GJB 5860-2006:
The GJB document provided a wealth of reliable information regarding the CN VLS’ dimensions and function.
-VLS canister diameter is 0.85m (which is larger than the US Navy’s new Mk-57 VLS, which only has a diameter of 0.71m, and further larger than the Mk-41 VLS, which has a diameter of 0.635m)
-VLS canisters come in three lengths, 9 meters, 7 meters, and 3.3 meters (which is similar to the strike length, tactical length and self defence length canisters for the Mk-41 VLS)
-The VLS is capable of quad-packing missiles, as well as firing surface to air missiles, cruise missiles, anti ship missiles, and anti submarine missiles
-The VLS is capable of cold launching missiles, whereby a missile is ejected (such as via compressed gas) out of its canister, and its engine only ignites once it is in the air well clear of the ship and the VLS.
-The VLS is capable of hot launching missiles, but each canister has its own “concentric” vent for missile exhausts. The CN VLS lacks a central vent that all eight VLS canisters are connected to (as in the Mk-41), but instead a vent is present (and likely removable) within each canister intended for hot launch.

Just because the VLS can in principle be used to quadpack missiles does not mean there currently is a quadpacked missile.

Is it proven that DK-10/SD-10 can be quad packed? Do it's tail fins fold?
13347784593_3dca927b75_o.jpg

Consider that DK-10 is longer than the short Chinese VLS (5.5m versus 3.3m) : it is not unlikely that if there is a quadpack option, it is another, different missile that is used, that also fits the shorted VLS variant.

(personally, I think the 3.3.m VLS is for DK-9, single packed, while SD-10 requires the next larger version of 7m or tallest version of 9m. DK-9 unfolded wingspan would be like PL-9C i.e. 0.856m or PL-8 i.e. 0.800m while the GJB 5860-2006 canister diameter is 850 mm maximum. DK-10 with unfolded wingspan of 0.674m could only be quadpacked if the tail-fins fold and broadest width then is less than 42.5mm. I've not seen evidence of that yet.)
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/plan-develop-essm-dk-10a-anti-aircraft-missile.305809/

Sky_Dragon_50_GAS2_Medium-Range_Surface-to-Air_defense_missile_system_China_Chinese_defense_industry_military_equipment_640_001.jpg

Last edited:
So now you admit it's rumors? Wow, Indians install radome first? Gosh, you using illiterate dalits or something?
why acting like a dump fellow.........

17352226_1647204468922784_7900324842518539318_n.jpg

And what it has to do with dalits..........false flagger ...need chini flag to troll

If you have those radars ready, why do you still need to import? The answer is THEY ARE NOT READY.
Dump fellow:lol::lol:

asea.JPG
Capture.JPG

So means you don't know. The burden of proof lies with the claimant. So is there or is there no working radar?
seriously dumb fellow
FB_IMG_1485280250514.jpg
QR-SAM BMFR.jpg
QR-SAM ADTCR.jpg
ee.jpg

Last edited:
This event at the culmination of Commanders’ Conference of South Western Air Command (SWAC) saw Air Marshal A K Gogoi accompanying the Air Chief. Officers from Air HQ and South Western Air Command (SWAC) as well as representatives of ELTA Systems Ltd, Israel, the Original Equipment Manufacturer of the radar were also present on the occasion.
Read more at:
http://www.indiandefencereview.com/news/arudhra-medium-power-radar-inducted-in-the-iaf/

LOL, an Israeli radar with an 'indigenous' Indian badge?

why acting like a dump fellow.........

And what it has to do with dalits..........false flagger ...need chini flag to troll

Dump fellow:lol::lol:

View attachment 407804View attachment 407806

seriously dumb fellow View attachment 407811 View attachment 407813 View attachment 407814View attachment 407816

So which ship is operating this radar? You are showing me pictures after pictures, yet I ask one simple question, where is it 'operating'? Until now no one can answer me.:lol:

Btw, you mean to tell me an AESA radar can fit into a round radome as shown in your pic? LOL.

Our ocean surveillance ship is already launched, but the Hans can't even accept that it exists.
Launched and operating are two different things altogether, you had been launching your IAC 3 times, you see it operating? And wtf is it doing on a surveillance ship and not a destroyer? Testing phase bhai? So it's back to the infamous DRDO testing loop again, the infinite loop that is.

Indeed, I'm the village idiot. Unlike you of course ;-). The whole point was about size and size is determined by what the ship is supposed to carry, which is in turn determined by what it is expected to be able to do, alone and in a group. That still has nothing to do with RCS. At no point have I suggested equivalence between ships of different sizes or that 055 does not have signature reduction features (and signature is more than just RCS). When you are done playing the donkey's behind, I 'l love to return to a civilized substantive discussion, rather than dealing with BS remarks that do not make this forum better. You have a nice day now.
You are the one telling me 055 is a sitting duck when I explained to you that due to reduced radar signature design, dimensions do not matter. What exactly is your argument btw? First you say it's too big and then I explain to you missiles target by radar and hence it doesn't matter. Then now you tell me size has nothing to do with RCS...what are you trying to convey, there is no point writing an essay and not getting straight to the point.

24 cell HQ-10 for short range and it can also quad pack medium range missiles for defence up to around 70km.

Can you debate the points that I have made rather than a personal attack?

You forget to mention FL-3000N, HHQ-16B, HQ-9B, HQ-26 etc.

You are the one telling me 055 is a sitting duck when I explained to you that due to reduced radar signature design, dimensions do not matter. What exactly is your argument btw? First you say it's too big and then I explain to you missiles target by radar and hence it doesn't matter. Then now you tell me size has nothing to do with RCS...what are you trying to convey, there is no point writing an essay and not getting straight to the point.
Kindly quote the post where I have said 055 is a sitting duck. Oh wait, you can't.... because I didn't!
Kindly quote the post where I have said 055 is too big. Oh wait, you can't.... because I didn't!
It is not my problem that you apparently are unable to read a simple post in plain English properly.
Now shoo!

Read more at:
http://www.indiandefencereview.com/news/arudhra-medium-power-radar-inducted-in-the-iaf/

LOL, an Israeli radar with an 'indigenous' Indian badge?

idiot, look up the date- 03 Jun , 2011

DRDO's Arudhra radar was inducted in 2016-17.

Btw, you mean to tell me an AESA radar can fit into a round radome as shown in your pic? LOL.

What sort of BS is this ?

So which ship is operating this radar? You are showing me pictures after pictures, yet I ask one simple question, where is it 'operating'?

None of those are naval radars. Those are the Arudhra, Ashwini & AEW&C AESA radars which has been inducted into IAF.

Launched and operating are two different things altogether

Sure, just like Type 055, still not operating.

And wtf is it doing on a surveillance ship and not a destroyer?

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/these-are-the-little-known-ships-that-make-missile-defe-1594677657

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracking_ship

idiot, look up the date- 03 Jun , 2011

DRDO's Arudhra radar was inducted in 2016-17.

What sort of BS is this ?

None of those are naval radars. Those are the Arudhra, Ashwini & AEW&C AESA radars which has been inducted into IAF.

Sure, just like Type 055, still not operating.

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/these-are-the-little-known-ships-that-make-missile-defe-1594677657

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracking_ship

Yup 055 is not operating, nobody is denying it man. Hey that is an Indian website talking about Arudhra, not me OK. Btw, this is a naval thread, I am asking you if any naval AESA radar had been inducted. Can you tell me?

Btw, why is it not on a destroyer but on a surveillance ship, it still doesn't make sense. How are you going to attack the target? Means you lock in a target, then what?

Kindly quote the post where I have said 055 is a sitting duck. Oh wait, you can't.... because I didn't!
Kindly quote the post where I have said 055 is too big. Oh wait, you can't.... because I didn't!
It is not my problem that you apparently are unable to read a simple post in plain English properly.
Now shoo!

The retorts was directed at this post "I'm not sure going back to battle cruisers is a great idea. I'd stick to sub 10k class destroyers. The offensive capabilities of today's AShM make these elephants sitting ducks."

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom