What's new

China’s Submarine Fleet, Evolution & news

I believe his name is Huang Xuhua/黄旭华。
Yes, you're right, thanks :-)

Huang Xuhua 黄旭华 (born in March 1926), now 94 years old, the Father of the Chinese Nuclear Submarine.

From Baidu Encyclopedia
黄旭华_百度百科
中国核潜艇之父

Huang Xuhua's profile from the series of China weapon designer and in his own words
《威武之师背后的财经密码》 20170801 驶向深蓝:舰船潜艇篇 | CCTV

I would not discuss whether it is decommissioned or not but this picture was taken 6 years ago.
http://www.mod.gov.cn/intl/2014-10/14/content_4543349.htm

Yours was taken before multiple modifications. Here are some another images of 09II at various stages with hatches closed for your reference.

View attachment 643626
cover.jpg

09IVs have very different SLBM hatches.

dmlgr1ouwaivk_e-jpg.163785
092 is equipped with JL-1 which has diameter 1.4 meter. Take a look at this image of 092 with hatches opened, how is it possible for sailors standing on the podium in a 8 by 20 formation ?
images.jpeg

The top width of the hump of 09II is around 7 meters and the shoulder width of the sailors is 40 centimeters. I don't think it is too hard to imagine.
Your imagination made me laugh. You are telling me to imagine the podium width of the hump to be 7 nteters while the launch tube is not much larger than 1.4 meters in diameter.

Is there any good CGI of Type 095 and 096? Saw around internet but could not find any sufficiently good quality, while piling here is too thick to dig.

Last edited:
Is there any good CGI of Type 095 and 096? Saw around internet but could not find any, while piling here is too thick to dig.
Something strange and fishy as the original poster of that alleged 096 photography removed his post, therefore I may have jumped too quickly into that 096 belief. Sorry mate.

Wish the real 096 lurking at some corner surfaces soon.

I thought this should be pretty straightforward.

View attachment 643656 View attachment 643655
It maybe 094, but thanks anyway.

Source in Liaoning claims that Jianggezhuang Base has been temporarily inactive lately (as of today still no activities). Qingdao is still kicking it though.

09VI hasn't even started building. Better watch when 09IIIB starts launching/commissioning. By the way from the pic the design looks backward, no way it would be next-gen SSBN.
There are rumors that the 09V will finish construction this year if it has not done so already ... as for the commissioning of Chinese nuclear subs, I wouldn't bother waiting. The Chinese nuclear sub program is one of the most, if not most secretive program in the entire Chinese military.

Back
Top Bottom