What's new

China’s Submarine Fleet, Evolution & news

微信图片_20200802215434.jpg

Via www.81.cn

A retired US Navy submariner/sonar officer by the channel name of Sub Brief (previously Jive Turkey) says the 2000s Type 093A sub has a noise level of 110 dB, around the same level as a 1990s improved Victor III. He should be a pretty credible source on this given his background ... also goes to show Chinese nuclear subs maybe far quieter than many of us expect considering the 093A is pretty old technology (almost two decades old). Credits to @DucanIdaho over at SDF.

Screenshot_2019-08-06 (34) Chinese Type-093 A B Shang SSN (not Type-093G) - YouTube.png

2.png

Ah yes, 一八, a major day in China
It's actually 八一 (August 1) and is meant to celebrate the founding of the People's Liberation Army, which was founded on August 1, 1927.

b3ec7faaf4337f1b7b69d86438903454.jpeg

Jive Turkey or aaron amick is just an E-6 petty officer 1st class sonarman stop pretend he knows more than anything
Well he did serve in the Pacific as a submariner and he is very knowledgeable of sonar and submarine detectability in his videos. If anything, what he said about the 093A is extremely reasonable, especially the 110 dB noise level.

Well he did serve in the Pacific as a submariner and he is very knowledgeable of sonar and submarine detectability in his videos. If anything, what he said about the 093A is extremely reasonable, especially the 110 dB noise level.
any evidence for such claim on our submarine? Like deino, I like to see image for it

any evidence for such claim on our submarine? Like deino, I like to see image for it
Well that is the number he claims, which is line with other claims made of the 093A's noise level ... personally, 110 db sounds like a very reasonable estimate for a early 2000s Chinese nuclear submarine.

Well that is the number he claims, which is line with other claims made of the 093A's noise level ... personally, 110 db sounds like a very reasonable estimate for a early 2000s Chinese nuclear submarine.
this is forum for exchange of visible evidence for whatsoever;
and deino wants images

oh my god, not necessarily images;
any evidence? like at least recorded sound
if none, no credit
Even if they did record this, showing this on Youtube would be leaking highly classified USNI information and would likely result in criminal charges.

oh my god, not necessarily images;
any evidence? like at least recorded sound
if none, no credit

It's a reasonable guess IMHO.
But we can never prove nor disprove it.
So take a chill pill guys:chilli:

It's a reasonable guess IMHO.
But we can never prove nor disprove it.
It is just very frustrating we have so little information on Chinese nuclear subs ... same level of information as on Chinese nuclear weapons/missiles.

Back
Top Bottom