What's new

China’s Submarine Fleet, Evolution & news

096 SSBN CG
eLQb5rh.jpg

KdByKeY.jpg

096 SSBN CG comparing with 094 SSBN

Admiral /Professor Ma Wei Ming disclosed on a TV interview a new propulsion system (bearingless pump drive) for next generation submarine has been developed. He said this new techomology is now being applied (on certain ship), and China is leading US on this perspect.

近日,央视采访中国工程院院士、海军工程大学电力电子研究所所长马伟明院士时,首次曝光了我国下一代潜艇使用的无轴泵推技术。这些技术比美国相关技术还要先进,并且已经在实际应用中。此外,马伟明院士在电力推进方面也有很大的成果。
091757z7ucr3cr5urcc77l.jpg
091809i2cqp332uac7ynut.jpg
091815qjsisje4sewssv5w.jpg

Last edited:

Link to the interview. It's actually a program telling the achievement of the various award winners for Chinese Key Innovators Award. It details military to civillian technology including Chinese research on 4G technology. That's the reason Huawei and ZTE sprinted ahead, we had 4G technology.

I think this propulsion is electric propulsion, they are leading the world by at least 10 years, as claimed by this award winner. I don't think he is bragging. It's saying its an integrated electric propulsion system which supplies power to high energy weapons, I guess it's lasers?

He also said the propulsion system already used for next generation nuclear submarine. Damn, this means the next gen submarine is already completed. This guy shouldn't reveal so much.

Guys this Ma WeiMing is also responsible for EMALS. His expertise is integrated electric propulsion systems for navy. There is a picture of Navy Admiral holding an umbrella for him while he was testing something through the walkie talkie. This guy says he dare claim Chinese electric propulsion and EMALS is more advanced than US.

Last edited:
Admiral /Professor Ma Wei Ming disclosed on a TV interview a new propulsion system (bearingless pump drive) for next generation submarine has been developed. He said this new techomology is now being applied (on certain ship), and China is leading US on this perspect.

近日,央视采访中国工程院院士、海军工程大学电力电子研究所所长马伟明院士时,首次曝光了我国下一代潜艇使用的无轴泵推技术。这些技术比美国相关技术还要先进,并且已经在实际应用中。此外,马伟明院士在电力推进方面也有很大的成果。

So some sort of "Hunt for Red October" as described in the novel from Tom Clancy?

View attachment 400224 View attachment 400225 View attachment 400226

What Ma meant is that China is ahead of the US in terms of the development of 3 MW High Speed Induction Generator (the one on his left) and the HSIG is going to be installed on the next generation nuclear submarine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom